Bermuda- Can I catch 9:30 ferry with a 9:00 arrival time?

bluekangaroo22

I'm new so not sure I'm posting this question in the right place.

My cruise itinerary shows that we dock in Bermuda at 9 am on a Monday. I am hoping to catch the orange line ferry at 9:30 to St. George. Is this cutting it too short? Will I have enough time to get off the ship, buy my tokens and get to the ferry before it leaves (with two little children in tow)?

My cruise itinerary shows that we dock in Bermuda at 9 am on a Monday. I am hoping to catch the orange line ferry at 9:30 to St. George. Is this cutting it too short? Will I have enough time to get off the ship, buy my tokens and get to the ferry before it leaves (with two little children in tow)?

Cutting it very close but maybe doable as long as the ship clears on arrival so that you can be off by 9:15. The kiosk to purchase the ferry / bus passes is just to the right at the pier as you disembark and the ferry terminal is about a 5 - 7 minute walk from there.

Good luck!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I don't think that's enough time. Sometimes they don't let people off the ship until 30 min or so after the docking time, Also if there are other ships in port then, there may be a long line for the ferry. I would definitely have a plan B in mind.

Would probably be very close. You'd have to be among the first off. Can you purchase ferry ticket before arrival. We've been to Bermuda, but don't recall if this is an option. We got ours on arrival.

One cruise we had planned to do high tea at a local tea house. Had plenty of time to get there according to ship posted arrival. Unfortunately, the Navy was doing drills with live ammunition. :eek: We had to take a very far around path which put us into Bermuda about 3 hours later. :( Had to take the ferry then a bus to the Sweet P in St. George. They had heard the ship was in late. Two ladies, who had no reservation, were able to take our reservation. They were finishing upon our arrival and joked they were glad we couldn't make it. We were glad they had the opportunity. Even though we were very late, they were so nice to accommodate us. They had some items still available. Would love to go back under more relaxing conditions.

Just never know what can happen.

Edited by denamo

Can you purchase ferry ticket before arrival. We've been to Bermuda, but don't recall if this is an option. We got ours on arrival

I believe you may have been able to do that with RCI at one time but on three Bermuda cruises since 2012 between Explorer and Grandeur they were not available to pre-purchase on board.

Go for it. If the ferry is still there jump on it. You can see the ferry from the ship. There are 2 places to purchase tokens, one being just steps from the ferry. I'd suggest buying your return token also.

I'm looking at the Monday ferry schedule here: If you miss the 9:30am ferry the next one is at 11:30am. The last one leaving St George on the return is at 5:30pm. If you wait and do St George on a Tuesday, like I did a few weeks ago you would catch the 9:15am from Dockyard and the last ferry back, 2:15pm. So even if you caught the later ferry on Monday you'd still have an extra hour at St George then if you went on Tuesday.

Well worth the trip over there. A nice 40 minute ferry ride...and Tobacco Bay. Also a few good places to eat in St George and the dunking of the wench at high noon.