Bermudian food

morry2121

Thanks, I will try a chowder. Sebas, where did you golf in Bermuda and what are your thoughts on golfing there?

Hi,

I golfed at Ocean view golf club. I choose this particular course because it was a par 3, 9 holes ( 18 if you do it one way and then the other ;) ), it's almost half way between the Crystal caves and Hamilton ( and it fitted exactly in our schedule ), it's not expensive and 2 or 3 holes are right on the Ocean and provide fabulous views :eek:

One fellow poster here went to Port Royal...check this little thread we had, I also posted a link to the Fairmont Southampton ( also a par 3 ) : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2073993

Bermuda has the highest rate of golf course per sq mile in the world...if you are into golfing...you have to golf in Bermuda ( a par 3 is a way to compromise between the little time we have on the Island and a great golf experience ).

Hi,

I golfed at Ocean view golf club. I choose this particular course because it was a par 3, 9 holes ( 18 if you do it one way and then the other ;) ), it's almost half way between the Crystal caves and Hamilton ( and it fitted exactly in our schedule ), it's not expensive and 2 or 3 holes are right on the Ocean and provide fabulous views :eek:

One fellow poster here went to Port Royal...check this little thread we had, I also posted a link to the Fairmont Southampton ( also a par 3 ) : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2073993

Bermuda has the highest rate of golf course per sq mile in the world...if you are into golfing...you have to golf in Bermuda ( a par 3 is a way to compromise between the little time we have on the Island and a great golf experience ).

Hi Sebas,

I am on the Dawn the week before you.

Where on the island is the Ocean View Golf club? Do they need reservations for tee off time, and what was the cost? Can you rent clubs? I don't really want to bring my on a plane.

Thanks,

The fish sandwich was absolutely amazing at swizzle inn! It was a huge portion so you might have to split it.

Absolutely one of the best sandwiches we've ever had! It doesn't look like much, but it's delicious. And pairs well with Rum Swizzle. :)

I would not split it with anyone! :p

LunchatSwizzleInn.jpg

(Bailey's Bay Fish Sandwich, by turtles06)

art_mels_fish.jpg

i'm sure it was tasty...and your bathing suit fit well after, but there is no comparing.

OMG that looks awesome!! I don't usually buy food off the ship but I might have to make an exception this time! I'm pretty sure we are going for rum swizzles so we might as well...I think I should start packing...

OMG that looks awesome!! I don't usually buy food off the ship but I might have to make an exception this time! I'm pretty sure we are going for rum swizzles so we might as well...I think I should start packing...

That isn't the sandwich from the Swizzle Inn (which is pictured in Turtles06's post), it's the sandwich from Art Mel's Spicy Dicy.

That isn't the sandwich from the Swizzle Inn (which is pictured in Turtles06's post), it's the sandwich from Art Mel's Spicy Dicy.

You've got that backwards, Turtle posted the Swizzle sandwich and I (CTCruiser) posted the colossal Art Mel's. The best part is Art's personality is bigger than his sandwich!

You've got that backwards, Turtle posted the Swizzle sandwich and I (CTCruiser) posted the colossal Art Mel's. The best part is Art's personality is bigger than his sandwich!

No...you've got what I said backwards. The poster said they were going for swizzles anyway...which presumably meant they were planning to go to the Swizzle Inn, but they quoted your picture from Art Mel's when they said it.

I said "That isn't the sandwich from the Swizzle Inn (which is pictured in Turtles06's post), it's the sandwich from Art Mel's Spicy Dicy". It's rather clear that I said Turtle06's post pictured the Swizzle Inn sandwich.

Perhaps I made an incorrect assumption that they were planning to go to the Swizzle Inn when they said they were going for swizzles, but I certainly correctly matched sandwich/restaurant/poster.

Edited by njhorseman

No...you've got what I said backwards. The poster said they were going for swizzles anyway...which presumably meant they were planning to go to the Swizzle Inn, but they quoted your picture from Art Mel's when they said it.

I said "That isn't the sandwich from the Swizzle Inn (which is pictured in Turtles06's post), it's the sandwich from Art Mel's Spicy Dicy". It's rather clear that I said Turtle06's post pictured the Swizzle Inn sandwich.

Perhaps I made an incorrect assumption that they were planning to go to the Swizzle Inn when they said they were going for swizzles, but I certainly correctly matched sandwich/restaurant/poster.

1000 pardons

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...