Our dream cruise review

Just back from our 2 week cruise on dream ,loved every minute and we are already booked on for next year, the crew and entertainment team are all fantastic and really made our holiday , they really made a fuss of our children and nothing was too much trouble , we were on deck 6 ,cabin was great, more space than I thought

Never quite made morocco due to bad weather but we didn't mind , just really enjoyed the whole experience of life at sea, we even stayed up when the captain was turning the ship due to high wind (was great) lol

Kids really enjoyed kids club and the pool which thank god was filled in the afternoon on the day we arrived and stayed full :-)))))

We thought the band strum jam were brilliant and so friendly , they gave my son a copy of their cd to take home

I noticed a thread on here about the sports deck but I have to say we used it daily sometimes twice a day , and more often than not while we were having a kick around others would come and join in :-))

Food was lovely , couldn't fault it mmmmm especially the late night curry

And clotted cream scones on an afternoon

Ship itself is immaculate, always someone cleaning , an old ship but very clean and beautiful

Loved the daily trivia ( never won the Parker pen tho lol)

There was always something going on around the ship entertainment wise , if I had to niggle about something it would be the fact that you couldn't watch the broadway show then come through to medusa to get a seat for the game shows so eventually we chose the medusa lounge just to guarantee ourselves a seat but they do a later show in broadway at 10.30 it just didnt suit us to go later but haho can't have it all

All in all an amazing holiday and I can't wait to return

Now where is that countdown clock :D

Summerlady x x

Summer lady we must have been on for ur last week...I have to agree with all u said was fantastic.. I was happy too to miss Tangiers especially when I woke up to a tilted shop lol. . We were the same could not decide between medusa and broadway...

On Mon night however I near had a heart attack as it was my first cruise and only 2nd night I seriously thought I was going to for die... Lol. I went to reception to be told it wasa force 9... I had to sit lido lounge for 3 hours think waiters were about to throw me over board lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks everyone and yes Judeniece we spoke before we went on here briefly on the roll call a while ago , your too funny lol, we were sitting in the late night buffet when the captain made the turn the beer's and trays went !!!the waiters were trying to catch the pizza , plates were smashing ,think I was ok cos "the voice from above " had pre warned us but it was a bit scary yet I still felt really safe , glad you enjoyed your holiday too :-)) probably saw you without realising x

Thanks everyone and yes Judeniece we spoke before we went on here briefly on the roll call a while ago , your too funny lol, we were sitting in the late night buffet when the captain made the turn the beer's and trays went !!!the waiters were trying to catch the pizza , plates were smashing ,think I was ok cos "the voice from above " had pre warned us but it was a bit scary yet I still felt really safe , glad you enjoyed your holiday too :-)) probably saw you without realising x

Omg! Sounds a bit scary! What was this 'turn' all about? I would hate that - really not keen on rough seas :(

Omg! Sounds a bit scary! What was this 'turn' all about? I would hate that - really not keen on rough seas :(

Hi julessmiles basically due to bad weather we were on our way to Cadiz but captain had to speed up through the weather go past Cadiz and "turn"then come back and dock in Cadiz same again from Cadiz to morocco but was to dangerous to try and dock in morocco so he went on to motril a day earlier , captain said on the way to motril he was "very glad to be back in the Mediterranean" :D:D:

He said the turn would be 2am so we stayed up for it :-))) wasn't scary at all cos we knew what to expect , and I'm sure people have had worse :)))

Hi julessmiles basically due to bad weather we were on our way to Cadiz but captain had to speed up through the weather go past Cadiz and "turn"then come back and dock in Cadiz same again from Cadiz to morocco but was to dangerous to try and dock in morocco so he went on to motril a day earlier , captain said on the way to motril he was "very glad to be back in the Mediterranean" :D:D:

He said the turn would be 2am so we stayed up for it :-))) wasn't scary at all cos we knew what to expect , and I'm sure people have had worse :)))

Poor you! We had rough seas when we did Canaries to Morocco & again in Eastern Med near Santorini; I really don't like it :eek: The rest of my family sleep through it; I lie there in my bed petrified lol!!!!

Now summer lady I am trying to guess who you were!!!! As there was so little kids at kids club im sure we must have bumped into each other there too...???

i have to be honest I was terrified too julesmiles I was on deck 6 and could hear the water splashing of our window and I kept remembering that I had read on fbook where someone's window broke and water had come in so of course that's what I was thinking... It's quite funny now as I'm very embarrassed I went to reception and made the nice officer phone captain station to find out what was the knots and when he informed me we were in force 9 I near cried into his face.. My son has enjoyed telling this story to everyone since we came home... Lol

Now summer lady I am trying to guess who you were!!!! As there was so little kids at kids club im sure we must have bumped into each other there too...???

i have to be honest I was terrified too julesmiles I was on deck 6 and could hear the water splashing of our window and I kept remembering that I had read on fbook where someone's window broke and water had come in so of course that's what I was thinking... It's quite funny now as I'm very embarrassed I went to reception and made the nice officer phone captain station to find out what was the knots and when he informed me we were in force 9 I near cried into his face.. My son has enjoyed telling this story to everyone since we came home... Lol

Oh, no! You could hear water on deck 6?? We're on deck 5 next year so we will probably be underwater if it gets rough lol! I would have cried too probably :D

It's so nice to hear such a positive review especially since you have children as well, although mine is only a baba. Just short of 8 weeks till we go and I can't wait. Is deck 6 a good deck to be on? We have booked to be on that deck as I had heard it was one of the quietest ones.

Thanks for the review, glad you had a great time.

Last summer on the Dream we had the "hard turn" at 4.30am without warning, yes it was frightening, I really thought we were going over. Loads of TV's fell off the sideboards, and we were told a lot of the gold edged crockery they used for Captain's night got broken.

It's so nice to hear such a positive review especially since you have children as well, although mine is only a baba. Just short of 8 weeks till we go and I can't wait. Is deck 6 a good deck to be on? We have booked to be on that deck as I had heard it was one of the quietest ones.

Hi dockofbay , yes we found deck 6 really quiet , beds comfy but .........I slept top to toe with my 5 year old daughter cos I didn't feel safe putting her on the bunk bed , there is a folding bar that's quite high to keep them in ......to high for her as she would of slipped through it if she rolled , but my boys were ok

Yeahhhhh me too haha , do u have a little girl who coloured with my little girl ?

Is in that mad i can recall you Now... very funny that game the entertainers were fantastic... Yes that was Miah gosh that is gas the girls enjoyed colouring together...

I'm going to start looking nxt week for our cruise next year too and it will be on the Dream..

Did you find 2 weeks too long or just perfect...

Is in that mad i can recall you Now... very funny that game the entertainers were fantastic... Yes that was Miah gosh that is gas the girls enjoyed colouring together...

I'm going to start looking nxt week for our cruise next year too and it will be on the Dream..

Did you find 2 weeks too long or just perfect...

Eeek that's mad , your little girl was so sweet bless her :-)

I think 2 weeks was perfect ,I'd have been gutted to leave after 1 week, usually on holiday I'm ready for home around 10 days but I really could of stayed on the dream I loved it that much x

Archived