Suggestions for family w/ young kids?

tiptopz

We will be cruising in February with our two young children (will be 6 and just turned 3 at time of cruise). Looking for suggestions for family friendly ideas that won't bore the kids.... or the parents :p

Thanks in advance.

Royal Caribbean is very family friendly and have characters from various animated movies and water parks and children programing

If the kids like Disney. I highly suggested. Meet the characters most kid friendly environment. This is Important for meal times. Cruise have kid programs to keep this busy. Also Disney have cabin sizes that are larger than most.

We had oceanview cabin was very roomy for my wife and I. You mention u had a 3year old. My daughter was 3 or 4 when we took her. We thought she would have better time in the child events and day care but She wanted to be with mom and dad. I think if she was older we could of took advantage of the children programing.

Another benefit is you can do cruise and then finish with a pre or post visit to Disney world.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your response. I was looking more for an excursion for when we are in Martinique. We will be sailing on the RCCL Anthem of the Seas. We've cruised RCCL when DD was 19 months old and found it very family friendly. So not so worried about the ship itself but more so finding tours/excursions that will be good for all of us :)

• 5 months later...

Very interested to hear what you end up doing! We will have an 8 and 3 year old and I am really struggling with this port. Going on NCL Dawn in November. We always book privately for excursions, but with the language and money difference (they only accept Euros), we decided this might be the one time we book through NCL. Surprise, the cruise line doesnt offer any excursions from this port!

• 1 month later...

Last year we did the Dance and Rum factory tour. The Dance was pretty interesting and they feed you too. The Rum factory was nice and they let you taste some. I'm not a rum drinker but the grounds were nice to see. The Bus run was nice you got to see some of the country side.:)

Don't know what you did but there definitely is a dearth of information for this island on here. We were the March 7 and toured the island with Christelle of Karambole tours. I couldn't recommend the tour more highly to anyone yet to arrive.

• 9 months later...
Very interested to hear what you end up doing! We will have an 8 and 3 year old and I am really struggling with this port. Going on NCL Dawn in November. We always book privately for excursions, but with the language and money difference (they only accept Euros), we decided this might be the one time we book through NCL. Surprise, the cruise line doesnt offer any excursions from this port!

I'm having a hard time as well. Would you mind sharing what you ended up doing with your kids? I'm currently planning our April 2018 vacation with my 4 and 6 year olds. Thanks!

I'm having a hard time as well. Would you mind sharing what you ended up doing with your kids? I'm currently planning our April 2018 vacation with my 4 and 6 year olds. Thanks!

We did the tasting tour with Creole Tours. It was very good but my kids got a little annoyed at the go-go-go pace. My advice would be to take a cab to the waterfall (my kids loved that and would have stayed much longer) and then hit the beach / have lunch. The tour was pricey and not really "worth" it for kids IMO.