? about walk to Emerald Pool

Crusin Karen

We will be doing an excursion with Exodus Tours where there is a 15 minute walk to Emerald Pool. Question: what kind of shoes should I wear? I normally wear "crocs." Are these sturdy enough or should I wear sneakers? TIA

• 3 weeks later...

We were just in Dominica last week and went to Emerald Pool. Personally, I would not want to do the walk in a 'loose' shoe like flip flops or Crocs. I had on thick-soled Teva sandals with good ankle straps and was fine, husband had sneakers.

The trail to the pool is under repair so the 'exit' route is being used both to and from the Pool, so there is a lot of foot traffic. Many exposed rocks and roots on the trail, compounded by the fact that it is through the rain forest so very wet.

We were just in Dominica last week and went to Emerald Pool. Personally, I would not want to do the walk in a 'loose' shoe like flip flops or Crocs. I had on thick-soled Teva sandals with good ankle straps and was fine, husband had sneakers.

The trail to the pool is under repair so the 'exit' route is being used both to and from the Pool, so there is a lot of foot traffic. Many exposed rocks and roots on the trail, compounded by the fact that it is through the rain forest so very wet.

We were there last week also and I agree completely. Plus it was hot and humid and it was not a "fun walk." And personally, I don't even think it was worth it!