Orient Beach

1bets1

Orient Beach is about 1.3 miles long.

The Clothing Optional portion is the southernmost .3 miles where the Club Orient Resort is located.

You are likely to see toplessness anywhere along the beach, as on all French-side beaches.

gary

The completely nude section is on the far end. We actually drove by it when we did Bernard's tour so I would suggest just not looking out the window at that part. Our tour guide, Mailman, pointed out the nude resort so you won't be surprised when it's coming up. As far as where we ended up hanging out on Orient, we only saw a handful of topless people; it was my first topless beach and wasn't uncomfortable at all. We barely noticed it. The most uncomfortable part would probably be the nude males on the far end of the beach when you drive by but we never saw them on the part of the beach we stayed on. Hope that helps you decide.

I echo the above responses.

We were there last week with Bernard's Tours and Mailman was our guide. He pointed out the area that was nude. He then continued to drive north to a very nice area of the beach with restrooms and a small restaurant. There were a few topless women that walked by at one point. Enjoy your tour!

And now with the demolition and reconstruction of parts of Orient Beach, there is a large " empty gap" between the part of the beach that is clothing optional and where you are likely to rent chairs. There are no restaurants , bars, stores or anything but beach in this area. So, unless you go looking for it, you are unlikely to find it.

We went to Orient Beach many years ago, and believe me, the ones that were nude are the very ones that should NOT be nude.

I have just the opposite point of view on this one. I really respect the people who go nude on the section of orient beach designated for this and have little respect for the gawkers and those that think only the young and fit should be nude at a clothing optional beach.

However, a couple of mornings ago while on vacation we went to the part of Cupecoy beach across from Porto Cupecoy right below a complex of maybe 15 white stand alone villas. There is a large sign stating that this section of the beach is a Family Beach and nudity is not permitted. We were there around 10:30 for about 30 minutes and I saw 2 nude men in different areas of this small beach. One actually came out of the water and sprawled himself across a large rock near the shore close to the middle of the beach. He was in his 60's and old enough to know better. Families rent these villas and it's just not fair to spend nearly $5000 in low season and sit on your balcony or go down to the beach and witness that. Orient has a section specifically marked and designated clothing optional and that is where these men should have been and not at a beach on the Dutch side that specifically states that that section of the beach is a family beach and nudity is not permitted.