Questions re Bernards Tours.

sammy7088

When I went with them in March I only had to put a small deposit down and then I paid the rest at the pier. The deposit is so that they have your reservation and you aren't considered a walk up. On a side note this was one of the best tours I ever have taken on any cruise. If you can email Bernard and request DJ as your guide and then remind him at the pier.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We used them last April and reserved them prior to our cruise. They did take a walk on couple. That couple was transported to us at one of our stops and joined the tour late. I highly recommend Bernard's!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

we have used them twice and have been so happy and relaxed on our days there. we did a private tour so we could do whatever we wanted and it was worth it. we did book in advance both trips! and it never hurts to confirm again just before you travel. Our favorite beach is Le Gallion but we have gone to sunset for lunch and to see the planes at maho on both trips! will probably use them again this year!

I literally just now booked with Bernard's. I have never used them, but they do come highly recommended here on Cruise Critic and also has good overall online ratings. Only have to put down a $5.00 pp deposit. He does not accept full payment upfront, and according to his website, will not accept walkups on arrival day. We'll be in Sint Maarten April 23, 2015 on Freedom of the Seas.

I literally just now booked with Bernard's. I have never used them, but they do come highly recommended here on Cruise Critic and also has good overall online ratings. Only have to put down a $5.00 pp deposit. He does not accept full payment upfront, and according to his website, will not accept walkups on arrival day. We'll be in Sint Maarten April 23, 2015 on Freedom of the Seas.

I'm sure you've already heard this, but you won't be disappointed. Highly recommended.

I'm sure you've already heard this, but you won't be disappointed. Highly recommended.

Thanks as that's what I've read. I read through countless threads the other day and only ran across one somewhat negative review--all of the others were great. So, we're looking forward to a good tour with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks as that's what I've read. I read through countless threads the other day and only ran across one somewhat negative review--all of the others were great. So, we're looking forward to a good tour with them.

By the way, we used to have relatives in Cheyenne, and we love Fort Collins. How lucky you are to live in such a great place and still get to cruise. ;)

By the way, we used to have relatives in Cheyenne, and we love Fort Collins. How lucky you are to live in such a great place and still get to cruise. ;)

Well, we chose to live in Fort Collins, thankfully. As for cruising, it's difficult being this far away, and expensive, but this upcoming cruise has been a long time coming! We haven't been on a cruise in 8 years, but it's going to be well deserved!

Does their Orient Beach Tour (#2) include beach chairs or are those rented from the bars directly? Also, saw someone mention drinks are included but didn't see any mention of that on their web site.

We paid $15 for 2 chairs and an umbrella on Orient Beach with Bernard's Tours. They will have a cooler full of beer, water, soda and a potent rum punch which is included in your excursion. When we arrived at Orient Beach, we were also given a ticket for a free drink at La Playa beach bar. For the hour we spend at Maho Beach we just hang out at the bar or take a walk along the beach. Beach chairs would be extra $ at Maho.

Enjoy your day in St. Martin, we also do :)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1073588-d3934953-Reviews-La_Playa-Orient_Bay_Saint_Martin_St_Maarten_St_Martin.html

• 1 month later...

Hello again from Michigan. We we be with you on FOS. I am also looking to book with Bernards and have a question you might be able to answer. When you go the site he uses pay pal for deposit,since i do not have a pay pal any ideas how else to make deposit?. Thanks for any suggestions

Edited by NEWBIES2015

Hello again from Michigan. We we be with you on FOS. I am also looking to book with Bernards and have a question you might be able to answer. When you go the site he uses pay pal for deposit,since i do not have a pay pal any ideas how else to make deposit?. Thanks for any suggestions

Bernard himself called me and I gave him my credit card over the phone for our private tour deposit....easy...no problems at all opting for this method.

You can also book through PayPal with a credit card, which is what I did. No problem and got an email confirmation a day or two later from Bernard, and have seen no unusual charges to my credit card, so I'm guessing he is honest with the credit cards.

We don't have a Pay Pal account either and I just indicate in the comments when make a reservation, no pay pal account, we'll pay in person.

I can understand if someone is booking a private tour, a deposit would be required. We have also received a phone call from Bernard when booking a private tour, never had a problem with our credit card.

We just booked for a second time with Bernards Tours.

What makes it so special? Well for one its $45 pp, in other islands we have paid $75-90 pp for a tour. Also included in this tour is free beer, rum punch,soda, water. So right there that makes it special! :)

Bernards takes you all over the island with several stops and provides good info. We stopped down in Marigo and ate lunch at Sarafina's, its a french eatery. In addition they operate very nice equipment. Some tours we have done we were unsure if we were going to make it back.

They just really pack a lot into the tour and its a great value in my opinion, St. Maarten is on of my favorite places! Loved it there and Bernards Tours really made it special for us. Our tour guide was the "Mail Man" and he was awesome.

Trust me you will love Bernards Tour and will have no regrets.

For the record, I have not previously used Bernard's, but booked this time as we've heard great things about his company, and didn't want to spend the money on a questionable excursion through the cruise line with a possibly unknown company. We've also booked with Godfrey in St Thomas. Last time we were in St Thomas, we took a catamaran over to St John, so didn't get to see much of St Thomas that time. Last time in St Maarten we did the America's Cup race and a very brief stop at Orient Beach. We wanted to do something more relaxing this time, so decided to take the island tour with Bernard (as we want to go to Maho as well), and maybe spend some time in Phillipsburg if time allows. Also decided to do a basic island tour with Godfrey in St Thomas, as we haven't seen a whole lot of the island, other than a short amount of shopping time at Havensight and the brief ride to Red Hook.

We just booked for a second time with Bernards Tours.

What makes it so special? Well for one its $45 pp, in other islands we have paid $75-90 pp for a tour. Also included in this tour is free beer, rum punch,soda, water. So right there that makes it special! :)

Bernards takes you all over the island with several stops and provides good info. We stopped down in Marigo and ate lunch at Sarafina's, its a french eatery. In addition they operate very nice equipment. Some tours we have done we were unsure if we were going to make it back.

They just really pack a lot into the tour and its a great value in my opinion, St. Maarten is on of my favorite places! Loved it there and Bernards Tours really made it special for us. Our tour guide was the "Mail Man" and he was awesome.

Trust me you will love Bernards Tour and will have no regrets.

Thank you so much for your feedback. Just one more question, we 're traveling with a 5 yr old granddaughter. Is it a good balance of time on bus and outside time? Or do you think it's not for small kids?

It is a good balance between time on and off the bus. This time we will be traveling with our 4, 6 and 11 year old....so I can relate to the concern ;) I think this tour is appropriate for kids, when you stop at the oyster pond she will have a chance to hold some different sea creatures and take along some sea shells.

If I were to guess, you will be on bus about 15-20 minuets between stops? I never felt we were on the bus for too long, and I'm rather impatient so I would know.

There are brief stops for photo opportunities maybe like 10 minuets and then the extended stops such as Orient beach (1-2 hours), Marigot (30-45 min), and Maho Beach (at least an hour or more)

Oh and just a heads up, Orient Beach is clothing optional....I really was not prepared for this announcement :eek: however, I did not encounter any nudity. From what I gathered there is a section down the way where people could go nude, I stayed at the other end.

If possible, request "The Mail Man" to be your tour guide, he was fantastic.

Thanks you all for the replies. Talked to Bernard last nite and we are all set for the tour.He just took credit card over the phone and said we wont be billed . Also said we can pay in full that day with cash credit card. I guess i can breath now that I have some excursions planned for St Thomas with Godfrey and ST. Maarteen. High Five All and happy Saturday:p

It is a good balance between time on and off the bus. This time we will be traveling with our 4, 6 and 11 year old....so I can relate to the concern ;) I think this tour is appropriate for kids, when you stop at the oyster pond she will have a chance to hold some different sea creatures and take along some sea shells.

If I were to guess, you will be on bus about 15-20 minuets between stops? I never felt we were on the bus for too long, and I'm rather impatient so I would know.

There are brief stops for photo opportunities maybe like 10 minuets and then the extended stops such as Orient beach (1-2 hours), Marigot (30-45 min), and Maho Beach (at least an hour or more)

Oh and just a heads up, Orient Beach is clothing optional....I really was not prepared for this announcement :eek: however, I did not encounter any nudity. From what I gathered there is a section down the way where people could go nude, I stayed at the other end.

If possible, request "The Mail Man" to be your tour guide, he was fantastic.

Thanks for feedback. Sounds great! About nudity beach, I'm European, so stuff like that doesn't bother us :-)

I am going to make my reservation and ask for mailman. My husband is a mailman (retired from Army).

Looking forward to the tour!