Chukka Beach Break RCL

stefanny28

We were there last week. I was pleasantly surprised that the beach was close to the port so no long drive and the beach was really nice. No place to snorkle but white sand and fairly clear water with little seaweed.

The lunch was not so great (jerk chicken, rice and a few beans.) I would go back again however. It's a great alternative to taking a looong ride to another beach that I doubt is any better.

We were there last week. I was pleasantly surprised that the beach was close to the port so no long drive and the beach was really nice. No place to snorkle but white sand and fairly clear water with little seaweed.

The lunch was not so great (jerk chicken, rice and a few beans.) I would go back again however. It's a great alternative to taking a looong ride to another beach that I doubt is any better.

Could this be done on our own? Taxi to beach? Chairs? Facilities? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I did this in Octber on my Allure of the Seas cruise. It is a private beach area that was built by the cruise lines. I don't think you can just take a cab there. I am sure it has to be booked by the cruise itself. It was a short drive from the port and a nice little area. It is pretty small, but there are ample chairs, a bar and small gift shop. They have a lifeguard and security. It is about a half mile down the beach from Breezes. Inbetween you have some shacks on the beach. You could walk a bit in either direction with no problem although you might get stopped to buy something. The lunch itself was pretty basic and nothing worth talking about really. I was with my 72 year old mother so we wanted something easy to do. We enjoyed it for what it was.

161-1.jpg

163-1.jpg

172-1.jpg

174-1.jpg

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers,

As the property is on a private beach; The Chukka Beach Break & Lunch cannot be done on your own. You may book through your Shore Excursion desk.

For more information and pricing see here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=FY07&DestinationCode=

How was the footing under the water here? Was it smooth and coral/grass free? Did you need water shoes? From the photos it looks perfectly soft and smooth.

It was very smooth and sandy, nothing like the rocks at Labadee. (Still enjoyed Labadee though.)

How long is the drive from Falmouth to this beach? Is this the same beach RCL uses on excursions from Ochos Rios?

Thanks for the help. We are going to Falmouth for the first time next week and again in January (Liberty followed by Allure).

Kathy:)

I am also wondering if you can get your own taxi to this beach and the cost.

I am considering the same in Jan. I am on the FOS, but I like to decide when I wake up weither or not the weather is for a day at the beach?

Are their cabs or shuttles that go there regularly. Can I get drinks? Prefer beer since it does not have ice produced (somewhere) in the drink. Would like two chairs. I do not see any umbrellas.

Does the cruise package include the chairs with or without lunch? H

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers,

As the property is on a private beach; The Chukka Beach Break & Lunch cannot be done on your own. You may book through your Shore Excursion desk.

For more information and pricing see here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=FY07&DestinationCode=

Is this just a post from a company that RCI books the RCI trip, saying use us or no trip. It is hard to believe that it is RCI only. I would think they would take their money from anyone deciding to go to the beach that day.

If I am wrong in my assumption than I guess I cannot wake up and eat breakfast and then go to the beach because the weather is great that day.

Should be there on 1/11/12.

I do like the safety in numbers factor. H

• 3 months later...

Archived