The History of the Titanic in 30 Pieces

EJNutz

If you are able to get BBC Northern Ireland there is a short series nightly (lasts about 1 minute per episode) about people who have some artifacts from the Titanic.

It is on at 6.55 Monday to Friday.

There's a two hour documentary on Channel 5 next Thursday 22nd March entitled "Inside the Titanic".

This factual drama goes below deck to tell the untold stories of the engineers and stokers who battled to save the ship.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/inside-the-titanic

Based on records from the official inquiry, the film follows the men working in the ship's massive machine rooms and their desperate battle to save the vessel, as well as those in the passenger cabins.

I'm looking forward to the four part Julian Fellowes' £10m Titanic on ITV later this month.

From the trailers I have a feeling it will be Dowton Abbey on water - not for me.

I'll stick to "Night to Remember" which is still considered the most accurate 'fiction' film version of the event.

There's a two hour documentary on Channel 5 next Thursday 22nd March entitled "Inside the Titanic".

This factual drama goes below deck to tell the untold stories of the engineers and stokers who battled to save the ship.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/inside-the-titanic

Based on records from the official inquiry, the film follows the men working in the ship's massive machine rooms and their desperate battle to save the vessel, as well as those in the passenger cabins.

I thought it was quite a decent programme, with stories about people who were actually on board. It wasn't a such a good idea for the stewards to lock the cabin doors without double checking there wasn't anyone inside first though.

And that poor chap with his leg caught under the water tight door...:eek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This weekend's viewings:

Saturday: 8.30pm - Titanic: A Commemoration in Music & Film – BBC2

Sunday: 3.00pm – A Night to Remember – BBC2

Sunday: 4.10pm – Saving the Titanic – Channel 4 (dramatized documentary from the point of view of the engine crew)

Sunday: 9.00pm – Titanic – last in the drama series – ITV

Sunday: 10.00pm – Words of the Titanic – ITV (readings of diaries & letters from passengers & crew)

Archived