Barcelona port to hotel transfer

Megan01

We are on the Equinox in a couple of weeks and were planning to use a taxi to get to the W Barcelona on disembarkation. We want to leave the ship as early as possible as we are dropping off luggage at the hotel then heading by train to Montserrat for the day. I'm concerned with what I've been reading here about lack of taxis early in the morning and extra charges for luggage. With 4 of us for 2 1/2 weeks of travel, we will likely have a fair bit with us. Is there a better way to get to the hotel, which is not very far from the port? Any private transfer services recommended by others? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do not worry about the availability of taxis. There are always plenty available at the port when a ship docks.

Despite what is often stated here on CC, taxis in Barcelona no longer charge extra for luggage. The fare should be about €15-20 if it is after 8am on a weekday. From what you say, it looks like you may be before 8am so it will be a little more.

The only thing I would say is that with 4 people and a lot of luggage it might be too much for a standard sized taxi. There are larger taxis but you often have to wait longer for one of these and they charge an extra €2.10.

You may like to consider pre-ordering a car transfer from a company like BCN Travel. This would cost €48 for a standard car or €69 for a larger, van type vehicle. We always use them and are always pleased with their service.

Although W Barcelona hotel looks close to the port it is over 3 miles by road

Edited by RollieUK

Thanks for your response! It sounds like with 4 people, a taxi could be a bit of a hassle so I think I'm going to go with a private transfer. I appreciate your help. Every port is different and, not having been to Barcelona before, we didn't know what to expect.

Thanks! We decided to book a tour with Barcelona Day Tours to Montserrat as they'll pick us up at the cruise port and return us to the W at the end of the tour. A little more money but way less hassle than finding our way to the hotel by taxi to drop off luggage then make our way to the train station. The W looks awesome so we want to get back at a reasonable hour to enjoy our last evening.

The W hotel is very close to the pier, in fact you can see it. Taxi's should not be a problem. Have a great stay at the W, its a lovely hotel.

Norma

You may be able to see the hotel but as I said in my previous post it is over 3 miles by road. There is a lot of water between the port and the hotel.