Help me decide on FLL hotel for post cruise

lucyjlou

Ok, the backstory is that me, DH and our daughter (who turns 6 on the cruise) are looking for hotel in FLL for one night after getting off the Freedom on Dec 13th. We are staying 1 night pre cruise at the Westin Beach Resort, which i got on hotwire for $143

I have narrowed it down to a few....here are my priorities:

1) looking for amazing pool...this is probably the most important as we will spend our day here that last day before returning to ice cold michigan. I want an impressive pool

2) would love a beach either close to on property too. Not a deal breaker, but would be nice to spend the last day at pool and beach

3) need to be close to something to eat...either the hotel has a poolside grill or walking distrance, shuttle or close cab to normal priced food, with a 6yr old. Not looking for expensive hotel restaurant or going out to eat, we want to relax and eat something close and easy and not expensive

4) not a huge trek from the cruise port or to hotel, we are fine paying for a cab ride but not super far away

5) would love an airport shuttle maybe

6) be able to check in or at least have bags held while we enjoy the pool etc and wait for check in to the room

Here is the list I have narrowed down and the price from Expedia...I am putting why I like it and any questions....also, if you know that any of these area usually available on priceline, hotwire etc for less, that is great, let me know!!

A) FL Marriott Harbor Beach Resort $314 - too pricey unless it can be booked for less, but love the beach and has a nice big pool

Is this close to port?

B) Embassy Suites FL -17th street $189 - great price, would love even less but would pay it. The hotel decor was really pretty and liked the waterpool and pool, breakfast, free night snack, shuttle to beach, suite room.....is this close to port?

C) Pelican Grand $287 - can this be booked for less? I love love love the pool and lazy river, that sold me on this place...like that the rooms are suites with ocean view

where is this in comparison to airport and port?

D) Hyatt Regency Pier 66 $179 - this can be booked on hotwire too right? It has huge pool and very close to stores, restaurants to walk...how close to port and airport?

E)Bahia Mar $169 - just liked price and the beach looked really nice. Pool wasn't anything special but ok and it was close to port and airport I noticed...

F) Lago Mar $235 - loved this place...hoping it can be found for less? Loved the pool and beach and hotel grounds. saw it had a beach side grill for food...close to food and shopping...how far from port?

Thanks for any input you might have!!!

Jen

1) amazing pool: all are nice. I particularly like the Marriott the most and Bahia Mar the least. Pelican is pretty cool. But, it could be too chilly at the beach, and it also gets windy by ES for some reason. Also check out Diplomat Hotel in Hollywood. The pool is gorgeous and on the beach.

2) all but Hyatt and ES.

3) I think all of these hotels have restaurants. ES is closest to inexpensive eateries. Duffy's is right in it's backyard and is a good sports bar/grill. The other hotels aren't close to restaurants.

4) Pelican is the furthest.

5) Beach hotels don't have airport shuttles. I think ES has one for a fee, but much more convenient and cheaper to take a taxi.

6) I think that all hotels will hold luggage if room isn't ready or if you check out and have a later flight.

I second Embassy Suites on 17th street, I have used it in the past and will again in a few months for the next cruise. The breakfast is full and plentiful and even the cocktail hours were very nice. They had good choices for drinks and the munchies were good too!

There is a shopping strip next to the hotel, so groceries and wine are available to purchase for your room, and there are eateries there.

If I remember right, the taxi fare was approx. $10-15 to get from the pier to the hotel. MUCH cheaper than the per person price the hotel offers for their shuttle.

For your want list, I'd go with Embassy Suites. You won't see the beach, but they do have a nice pool area. Cab to hotel is around $15 and less to the port. No need for shuttles.

If you want you can hop the sun trolley to get closer to the beach. Or a quick cab ride of maybe 5 min.

Thanks sounds like ES would be good choice for us

Anyone know if this hotel can be booked on Priceline or Hotwire or is that the best rate

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We have always gotten the best rates using LAST MINUTE TRAVEL CLUB (not last minute travel)...they usually are offering free membership.

Dec 13 is pre holiday stys, so you should be able to find it somewhere. However....things are running higher for sure.

LMTclub.com offers free membership often.

Edited by eandj