Soda Machine Locations

Can someone tell me the Location of the soda machines on the Liberty Ship..please..:)

No Freestyle machines on Liberty.

Edited by clarea

Liberty is not all that new. It's not all that old, either, but I think it started sailing around 2007. I'm not sure when Royal Caribbean started installing the Coke Freestyle machines.

(But chances are they will be on Liberty next year, after drydock in January.)

Edited by Paul65

Are their self-serve soda machines on Jewel? I'm trying to decide if I should purchase the soda package for my son, but if access is not easy, it might not be worth it.

Thanks!

These are the ships that currently have Freestyle machines:

Explorer, Grandeur, Freedom, Enchantment, Oasis, Allure, Majesty, Jewel, Quantum, Anthem

These are the ships that currently have Freestyle machines:

Explorer, Grandeur, Freedom, Enchantment, Oasis, Allure, Majesty, Jewel, Quantum, Anthem

Hmm I thought the Adventure had two..nope I was wrong I was on the Explorer...

Edited by Grumpy8

Are their self-serve soda machines on Jewel? I'm trying to decide if I should purchase the soda package for my son, but if access is not easy, it might not be worth it.

Thanks!

The Jewel has only one ..locate in the Windgammer..just was on the ship in Dec & March..

Thanks!

From what I've read about the machines, they run out of soda syrup early in the cruise and then they're pretty worthless. Not sure if that's really the case or if it just happens sometimes, but that would be annoying.

The other point to mention is that on ships without the machines, you have to go to the bar to get your soda, and there is only 3 or 4 kinds (coke, diet coke, sprite and ginger ale). Not sure if that makes a difference to you but it seems kind of sucky that you miss out on all the flavors, but I guess it keeps kids from drinking too much :)

Edited by ColoradoGurl

From what I've read about the machines, they run out of soda syrup early in the cruise and then they're pretty worthless. Not sure if that's really the case or if it just happens sometimes, but that would be annoying.

The other point to mention is that on ships without the machines, you have to go to the bar to get your soda, and there is only 3 or 4 kinds (coke, diet coke, sprite and ginger ale). Not sure if that makes a difference to you but it seems kind of sucky that you miss out on all the flavors, but I guess it keeps kids from drinking too much :)

The Freestyle machines occasionally run out of a particular flavor but from our experience on multiple ships, they refill the machines daily. The machines do not take typical syrups, they take cartridges, that look similar to ink cartridges, that pop in and out very easily.

Where are you seeing information about "worthless" machines? Do you have a link?

The Freestyle machines occasionally run out of a particular flavor but from our experience on multiple ships, they refill the machines daily. The machines do not take typical syrups, they take cartridges, that look similar to ink cartridges, that pop in and out very easily.

Where are you seeing information about "worthless" machines? Do you have a link?

You are right on the ink cartridge look...They had the problem with the syrup running out on certain flavors on the Jewel..I think due to they only had one on ship...but there so many flavors to choose from..you should be able to find one to hold you over till they refill the machine...

IIRC the only ships that got Freestyle machines were the ones that stay within North American/Caribbean itineraries.

Also, Grumpy would you fix your signature please? It is making the window too wide for my screen so I can't read all of what everybody says.

IIRC the only ships that got Freestyle machines were the ones that stay within North American/Caribbean itineraries.

Also, Grumpy would you fix your signature please? It is making the window too wide for my screen so I can't read all of what everybody says.

You need to move the slide bar to the right to veiw the screen

You need to move the slide bar to the right to veiw the screen

Or, you could change your signature to one that does not annoyingly distort the screen, such that people have to scroll back and forth to be able to read the discussion. Either way works.

Oh good lord, do you really think I save the links to random posts that say things about soda running out? lol. I'm not saying it is a constant problem on all ships I'm just saying that I have read posts that mention people being frustrated with syrup running out. A quick search of the forum comes up with so many results for "soda machines" and I really don't care to read them all just to prove I've read that statement before. However, here's a link, the very first one I read when I did the quick search, and several people mention being on a ship where machines ran out of flavors. I'm simply relaying that I've read those statements many times and that it could be an annoying problem if you have the soda package and that happens to be the case. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2207274&highlight=soda+machines

Oh good lord, do you really think I save the links to random posts that say things about soda running out? lol. I'm not saying it is a constant problem on all ships I'm just saying that I have read posts that mention people being frustrated with syrup running out. A quick search of the forum comes up with so many results for "soda machines" and I really don't care to read them all just to prove I've read that statement before. However, here's a link, the very first one I read when I did the quick search, and several people mention being on a ship where machines ran out of flavors. I'm simply relaying that I've read those statements many times and that it could be an annoying problem if you have the soda package and that happens to be the case. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2207274&highlight=soda+machines

The point, I think, was that too often things like that get mentioned a time or two, then someone (such as you, in this instance) posts an "I've heard...." comment, as if it was some kind of typical issue. If you took everything you've read here and did that kind of thing, it could get pretty ridiculous. I can imagine a few.....

"From what I've read about the ships, the hallways tend to smell like sewage."

"From what I've read about Caribbean, the seas tend to be rough because of hurricanes."

"From what I've read about Guest Services, the lines are long, and the employees are rude."