How is the weather in early December out of Jacksonville??

Gosh, the weather is impossible to predict. :o

JAX can be quite nice or down right chilly!

And it can be nice in the Bahamas (except when that stray cold front went through). A few years ago it was horribly cold and windy. Stores couldn't keep even those famous souvenier outerwear on the rack.

Our first Jacksonville cruise was cold. Lets forget about cool all together, We sailed into Key West, our day at sea was -well there were maybe 15 people on the Lido deck. Key West -water excursions were cancelled and the hottest sales were sweatshirts.

Ahh we arrive in Nassau, we get on the boat to go to Blue Lagoon, the sun is out, the air is warm, yet by the time we get to the beach, you could see the front coming through and the temps dropped into the low 60's, and by the time we left, it was raining, temps in the 50's. Everyone said it was a fluke. OK, we sail in late November, we run into tropical storm Sean, we sail last October, and the weather was PERFECT!

Yes, we all dream of the perfect beach day, but have a back up plan, pack a sweat shirt, jeans and socks, and you should be fine, for the just in case. :)Cruise happy!

I know I'm going prepared, been there, done that. As I looked at what went into the suitcase for tomorrow, I felt a little smug knowing I'd be ready.

Although it's 6 a.m. in the Orlando area. the average temperature right now is 60 (but is expected to go to 80ish).

It's 6 am and in the 50s mostly Temps are in the 50 to 60s but once in a while we have the occasional 80 degree day or 32 degree day in the winter lol that's why we call FL bipolar with weather :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Forums mobile app

This was the weather on embarkation morning when we sailed from Jacksonville on the Fascination, early December a few years ago. It was brutally cold. A lot of people were unprepared for it. The temperature never really got warm enough to go in the water, even in the Bahamas where it was in the low 60's. I don't even recall the waterslides being open during the entire cruise.

DSCF7559.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

We went out of Jacksonville last December but I can't remember how cold it was. This time our kids will be with us & they will want to use the slides. We will be going to the Bahamas. I'm guessing it will be pretty warm there.

Early December in Jax should be fine unless there is a specific weather system. Jan & Feb are more unpredictable. Lived in Fl for 26 years and my kids have been swimming in the neighbor's pool on Christmas Eve. Usually, if there is a cold spell, the northern part of the country is really freezing.

It was 44 degrees today in the morning, and barely reached 80 in the afternoon. I can snow in northern FL in December, but very unlikely. It can easily be below freezing in the morning. However, it can also be int he 50's in the morning. Your best bet, is check the 10 day forecast before leave. Florida weather is unpredictable during the winter months.

Former jaxvillian and did a B2B last year in December. Weather was plain ol weird. The first cruise was super windy, and once the sun went down, brrrrr! We were delayed leaving because of the winds and tides. The ship was cold too. Coming back to JAX we got fogged in. As in dead stop. The second cruise it was much warmer for sail away. Bahamas was perfect both trips. :)

Former jaxvillian and did a B2B last year in December. Weather was plain ol weird. The first cruise was super windy, and once the sun went down, brrrrr! We were delayed leaving because of the winds and tides. The ship was cold too. Coming back to JAX we got fogged in. As in dead stop. The second cruise it was much warmer for sail away. Bahamas was perfect both trips. :)

We ended up booking tonight. Our cruise last December was delayed coming in due to fog also. We may have been on together! I'm hoping for at least some warmer weather once we get to the Bahamas!