Athens in a day

Janet&Carl

I am in Athens for a day with my elderly mother. Will we be able to get a taxi at the port and have him drive us around. If so, how much will this cost approximately?

Hi

We booked a half day private tour which worked out really well 200 euros for 5 of us we used PK Travel Greece https://www.pktravelgreece.com/ who are highly recommended on here and on tripadvisor as well as by me

Email was quick and responsive answering any query's we had

The longest we had to walk was up the hill to the Acropolis no way around that if you want to visit.

We had the owner of the company driving us as he likes to do the half day tours he was knowledgeable and interesting and a lot of fun we also met up with his son at one of the stops over looking Athens while his son was giving another tour

You can choose your own itinerary and how long you wish to stay at different sites

Half a day was plenty for us as it was really hot in August

I am in Athens for a day with my elderly mother. Will we be able to get a taxi at the port and have him drive us around. If so, how much will this cost approximately?

We booked a full day tour with PrivateGreeceTours for 4. Our driver, Makis, picked us up at the ship and returned us happy, but tired, nearly eight hours later. We saw so much of Athens which Makis made special by his great knowledge of Greek history and of the area. When we said we were too tired for the museum tour on our itinerary, he quickly suggested other options to fill our time. I'm sure if you contact this tour company, they can tailor a tour for you taking into consideration any issues your Mom might have and how much time you have. You can't go wrong with this company and Makis!! BTW Makis speakes English very well.

We booked a full day tour with PrivateGreeceTours for 4. Our driver, Makis, picked us up at the ship and returned us happy, but tired, nearly eight hours later. We saw so much of Athens which Makis made special by his great knowledge of Greek history and of the area. When we said we were too tired for the museum tour on our itinerary, he quickly suggested other options to fill our time. I'm sure if you contact this tour company, they can tailor a tour for you taking into consideration any issues your Mom might have and how much time you have. You can't go wrong with this company and Makis!! BTW Makis speaks English very well.

thanks for those replies that is really helpful. How strenuous is the walk up to the Acropolis for where you can park the car? How long would it take walking to the top ?

:confused:

About 400 metres from the car park

The first 250 metres are not to bad its the last 150 metres that are a bit steeper with high steps to get through the entrance

and the ground at the top is uneven

The good thing about a private tour is that they get you to the Acropolis early giving you time to make the ascent before the crowds arrive

Here is some information if your mother is disabled

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g189400-c144005/Athens:Greece:Use.Of.The.Acropolis.Elevator.html

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...