Booking Hyatt Place through Value Trips?

iheartmarshall

I've been going through this board reading hotel reviews in FLL and many of you have mentioned Value Trips dot com. The hotel I'd like to stay at (Hyatt Place 17th Street) is $100 cheaper on that site versus booking directly but I'm curious if it's legit? I'd say it is since so many of you have mentinoed it, but I'm cautious and would like to double check with everyone before booking.

So if you've used Value Trips to book a hotel in the FLL area, what was your experience? Thanks in advance!

Yes it is legit and popular. There are many blacked out dates in peak months. Some here say you might have to wait for confirmation from vt. If you don't get an email in 2 or 3 days, check your junk email box or look online or call the hotel directly. It DOES offer the best rates for that hotel.

I've been going through this board reading hotel reviews in FLL and many of you have mentioned Value Trips dot com. The hotel I'd like to stay at (Hyatt Place 17th Street) is $100 cheaper on that site versus booking directly but I'm curious if it's legit? I'd say it is since so many of you have mentinoed it, but I'm cautious and would like to double check with everyone before booking.

So if you've used Value Trips to book a hotel in the FLL area, what was your experience? Thanks in advance!

I have stayed here before and have a reservation for our upcoming March cruise. It is definitely legit! My room was clean. The front desk staff is very nice. The hotel is within walking distance of Outback restaurant and others as well as a shopping mall (Total Wine, Duffy's restaurant, Publix, etc.). The hotel offers free shuttle from the FLL airport to the hotel and you can reserve seats on the shuttle bus from the hotel to the cruise port for a fee.

Great, thank you both! We're cruising the week before Christmas and everything is SO expensive (to us, anyway). I know it's super early, but I've looked around at hotels downtown and on the beach and it's my top pick. I'd rather scoop it up now for a price I'm willing to pay than wait and it be sold out. Just wanted to check, since I'm always weary about new websites like that.

Thanks again!

I used them for an upcoming trip and didnt receive a confirmation from them. I emailed them and within a few days they sent me a confirmation. In the meantime though I called the hotel and they saw the reservation and was able to email me a copy of the confirmation. If you are a member of hyatt you can also add the reservation to it once you get your confirmation number.

Also, their fee for the shuttle is $7 per person, a cab would be cheaper if there is more than one in your group.

Edited by duegwb

The one thing you need to be careful about the hotel is the parking charge.

They will automatically charge you for parking even if you don't drive. They don't tell you. I found out when I received my bill in my room before checking out.They were polite about removing the charge.

But you think they would ask you first instead of an automatic charge.

Make sure when you check in that the charge is removed if you did not drive.

For those wishing to walk over to the shopping center for wine or eating, back in December all the area was under construction and fenced off. You have to walk up to 17th st, down 17th st to the entrance to the shopping center and then down that road. Its a long walk but doable. Maybe a local can comment on the construction

The one thing you need to be careful about the hotel is the parking charge.

They will automatically charge you for parking even if you don't drive. They don't tell you. I found out when I received my bill in my room before checking out.They were polite about removing the charge.

But you think they would ask you first instead of an automatic charge.

Make sure when you check in that the charge is removed if you did not drive.

When we stayed in January, the first night we didn't have a car. The following day we rented a car and told the hotel hosts about having a rental. They gave us a yellow parking slip to place on the dash board for the next two nights. When we checked out to drive to Naples, there were two $7. charges for the two nights we had the car. After returning form Naples, we again checked into the hotel, but decided to get rid of the car so we drive over to Enterprise. They dropped us back at the hotel. Checking out the following day - no parking charge on the bill.

Yes, we noticed the construction going on behind Embassy Suites. The first night we were at the Hyatt, we walked to Kelley's which is about the same distance as the shopping center - not that bad of a walk, except to crossing 17th St. The pedestrian light is timed to an Olympic marathon runner's pace!

Glad we had a car when we went to Total Wines and the supermarket for snacks.

Darcy

Darcy

I used them for an upcoming trip and didnt receive a confirmation from them. I emailed them and within a few days they sent me a confirmation. In the meantime though I called the hotel and they saw the reservation and was able to email me a copy of the confirmation. If you are a member of hyatt you can also add the reservation to it once you get your confirmation number.

Also, their fee for the shuttle is $7 per person, a cab would be cheaper if there is more than one in your group.

Is the shuttle charge for the airport or to the port? I thought I read on their website that the airport shuttle was free. I expect to get a cab to take us to the port, but one of the perks about this hotel was not only the location (walking distance to Publix) but also the free airport shuttle.

Also, thank you everyone about the parking charge -- if I book this hotel, I'll watch for that.

Hyatt Place not on 17'th St. but at 1851 SE 10'th Ave. in Fort Lauderdale. It's a nice place and is just a short ride to Port Everglades.:cool::cool:

yes it is confusing to people

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center

1851 SE 10th Ave (Harbor Shops Drive West)

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, 33316

Is the shuttle charge for the airport or to the port? I thought I read on their website that the airport shuttle was free. I expect to get a cab to take us to the port, but one of the perks about this hotel was not only the location (walking distance to Publix) but also the free airport shuttle.

Also, thank you everyone about the parking charge -- if I book this hotel, I'll watch for that.

The airport shuttle is free, the port shuttle is $7 per person .

If we get there early and opt for the early check in, is it a hassle to call ahead and arrange that? Or would you just have them store your bags until your rooms ready?

If a room is available you will be checked in on arrival. If rooms are not ready, they will hold your suitcases so you can start exploring.

If we get there early and opt for the early check in, is it a hassle to call ahead and arrange that? Or would you just have them store your bags until your rooms ready?

On the hotel website you can ask for early check in or late check out ..for a fee

Copied from my reservation confirmation:

If your plans change, please call the hotel directly at (954) 763-7670 to change or cancel your reservation by 12pm at least 24 hours before your arrival date to prevent any charges to your card.

Thinking of booking the Hyatt Place in Fort Lauderdale in November for the night before our cruise. The price says $139. Then we have 4 people total so it says $10 each which brings us to $159. Do you know are the local state taxes already in the price or added after you book? Going with another couple so would like to give them a bottom line price before I book.