Dec 2014 - Water Level for River Tubing

yoshi

Hi to anyone recently in Grenada -

Would you know if the current water levels in the river are high enough for a good River Tubing experience? I hear that when the water levels are low it is disappointing. We will be in Grenada in December and were wondering if we should book this tour or wait and see.

Thank you so much for current information.

Laurie

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Yoshi,

Was giving others that have done it a chance to respond but since no-one has I thought I would offer the following advice. Last time I spoke with Randall the owner he said they had done a lot of work to ensure consistency of flow (whether that meant damming off supply I'm not sure) but suggest you contact him directly Randall Robinson at adventure@spiceisle.com and ask him for his advice :cool:

Hi to anyone recently in Grenada -

Would you know if the current water levels in the river are high enough for a good River Tubing experience? I hear that when the water levels are low it is disappointing. We will be in Grenada in December and were wondering if we should book this tour or wait and see.

Thank you so much for current information.

Laurie

Please let me know what you find out. We might want to join you

mourhaan@aol.com

Here is the response for my question:

"Thanks for your interest in our river Tubing tour.

Typically river levels are high in December because that’s when the Rainy Season ends so you needn’t worry".

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the referral Island Star, I sent Mr. Robinson an email, hopefully we'll hear first-hand about the river. We would love to do this tour.

My pleasure Yoshi :)

Can finally say I have done this tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. There are a few areas where I grounded out and had to bump and wobble myself off to get going again but had hilarious fun doing so - totally recommend it. Only thing I would say is if the sun isn't out (rare but can happen) it can be a bit chilly so make sure you have your clothes ready and warm towel back on your bus. Have fun :cool: