My Alaska Pictures

DizzyDallasDi

I thought you might like to see this video I put together. These are from my May 23-30 Zuiderdam cruise and it was my first trip to Alaska. I was completely blown away by the majesty and beauty of this gorgeous land. This was my first slideshow production and I was compelled to do it because I wanted to memorialize my fabulous memories in a heartfelt way. Be sure to turn up the volume because it's set to music.

Diane

Thanks so much for sharing...your video was wonderful and pictures breathtaking. We went to Alaska last year for the first time and I too just fell in love with it. We are leaving in 3 weeks to go back again and I can not wait!

I loved the picture of the floating iceberg and birds perched atop...;).

I noticed that it looks like you did an ice hike? We are doing this in Juneau and wondered how you liked it. We did the Glacier landing last year in Skagway and are looking forward to spending more time on the ice this year. I just hope I can keep up with my 15 and 12 year old boys...:eek:.

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for sharing...your video was wonderful and pictures breathtaking. We went to Alaska last year for the first time and I too just fell in love with it. We are leaving in 3 weeks to go back again and I can not wait!

I loved the picture of the floating iceberg and birds perched atop...;).

I noticed that it looks like you did an ice hike? We are doing this in Juneau and wondered how you liked it. We did the Glacier landing last year in Skagway and are looking forward to spending more time on the ice this year. I just hope I can keep up with my 15 and 12 year old boys...:eek:.

Thanks again!

Thank you for your kind comments. I'm definitely going back next year and all the next years of my life. :) Once you go, you know why people return year after year after year.

The glacier trek in the pictures was in Skagway. It rained all day and my lens had water drops on it but I thought that just added to the "scenery." The moment I stepped foot on that glacier I had a feeling of smallness I've never felt before. It is a truly other-worldly experience.

Good luck keeping up with those boys! My son is 26 and my daughter is 29 so I've walked in your shoes. :eek:

Diane

Diane;

It's been three years since our Alaska cruise and you caught it so wonderfully as to make it all come back to me through your eyes and lens. Thanks for sharing that. I bet that you are wishing for some of that cool now that you are back again <G>... This 104 that we had today is kind of oppressive... ;)

regards

Scott

Diane;

It's been three years since our Alaska cruise and you caught it so wonderfully as to make it all come back to me through your eyes and lens. Thanks for sharing that. I bet that you are wishing for some of that cool now that you are back again <G>... This 104 that we had today is kind of oppressive... ;)

regards

Scott

Yessiree, Scott, we're having another typical Texas summer. ;) Maybe I'll book 2 Alaska cruises next summer so I can escape the oppressive heat.

Thank you for watching and enjoying my "made from love" video.

Diane (in Plano)

That was fabulous - brought a tear to my eye! I liked the photo of the seals on the buoy in partic. Liked the music too, it was very fitting - checked on Spotify to find who it was - never heard it before.

We're off to Alaska for the first time in three weeks - and can't wait. My wife is a bit worried that it might be a long way to travel to see somewhere in the rain that looks a bit like Scotland - but I'm convinced that it will be fantastic and will take our breath away. On previous cruises, I was more interested in the ship than the destinations - in this case it will be the opposite - I wouldn't mind if it was a rowing boat.

Just off to buy some more memory cards for the camera and camcorder - we're going to need 'em!

Thanks again

Thanks for posting this. It's excellent! I have sent the link to my coworker (who was on that cruise with you). She had a great time and especially enjoyed her time up on stage for the Newlywed Game.

Great, great photos & music! Thanks for posting it.

We went to Alaska back in 2003 & I am so excited over us getting to go back in Sept 2009 on the Zuiderdam. Your photos made me want to smile & cry at the same time. Very beautiful & touched my heart.

All of us in Texas can feel a little cooler by watching the photos!

Thanks again!

Great pics Di. We are just back from 12 days in an RV and I need to get my pics. posted. What program did you use to make the video? What camera did you use? Where did you see the whale breaching? All I can ever get are backs and tails. By the way, we live in Plano also.

Great pics Di. We are just back from 12 days in an RV and I need to get my pics. posted. What program did you use to make the video? What camera did you use? Where did you see the whale breaching? All I can ever get are backs and tails. By the way, we live in Plano also.

Well then, howdy neighbor! :D

I used Microsoft Photo Story 3 to produce the video and the camera was a Nikon P80. The picture of the baby humpback (and all the other whales) was taken in Juneau. You would not believe how many pictures I took on that whale watching trip that are just water. Those darn whales are very uncooperative posers. ;)

Diane

Thanks for a beautiful presentation. The composition was solid and the music fitting. We are headed back to Ak in September for our 4th trip in 8 years. We love the place and you captured its best essence.

Thanks again

Thanks so much for sharing. You did a great job putting that together! We've been back for a couple of weeks now and wish we were going back this year!

Was your float plane trip thru Misty Fjords with Island Wings? It looked som much like the trip we took. I recognized some of the pic's of lakes and waterfalls.

Thanks again.

Thanks so much for sharing. You did a great job putting that together! We've been back for a couple of weeks now and wish we were going back this year!

Was your float plane trip thru Misty Fjords with Island Wings? It looked som much like the trip we took. I recognized some of the pic's of lakes and waterfalls.

Thanks again.

Not only was it my first Island Wings flight, it was my first trip to Alaska. :) I completely understand what you mean about wanting to go back again this year...I'm thinking about booking 2 cruises there next year. Not b2b, but one in May and another in Sept. May the investment gods smile on me so this will become a reality. :D

Diane

Thanks so much for sharing your incredible adventure to Alaska. My husband and I are hoping/planning on going on a cruise sometime in Sept. 2010 to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Don't have date or a ship yet...still looking at ships/prices/ports but I know that if circumstances keep us from going that I will treasure these pics you shared.

Gave me chilled and brought tears to my eyes of just how beautiful God's country is.

Thanks A Million

Happy cruising!

Archived