New Year and new weight loss goals: SPRING CRUISE

Realblonde474

Okay, so my cruise leaves in March and I still have 15 pounds to lose...

And since I am on this darn website every day I thought this would be a great place to start a new thread for a few of us really trying to ramp it up for our cruise.

Would anyone list to join me....

All are welcome, my big goal is March (there is this fantastic dress, my HOLY GRAIL) but I will continue to lose and work out afterwards as there is always another cruise in the works....

Hope to hear from you!

:p

Well I'll join in as well!! We cruise in april so I have about 90 days to go!! And I would just love to lose those holiday pounds!! Its so hard, I am great all year long until fall hits then I kinda slack off, I still exercise but the eating healthy, yeah not so much! But count me in with you!!

I'm in! I started yesterday with eating healthy and exercising. I have 15-20 I would love to take off. They showed up 5 years ago...2 babies later and it's finally time to say good-bye! I'm also here everyday so I'll be here to post! Cc is my decompressor at the end of the day.

I'm in! I started yesterday with eating healthy and exercising. I have 15-20 I would love to take off. They showed up 5 years ago...2 babies later and it's finally time to say good-bye! I'm also here everyday so I'll be here to post! Cc is my decompressor at the end of the day.

Thanks for responding. And yes, CC is my decompressor/escape from my daily world as well!

What did you do for exercise yesterday. I went to a Kickboxing class last night and was very good for dinner. And I only had two drinks last night (trying to keep my liver in shape too) but tonight I will not have any.

I log my foods (or at least 95%) on Spark and this morning on the scale I was down 2 pounds.

What are your daily exercise and food goals?

Thanks again for joining me in this!

Donna

Well I tried zumba today, gotta say I really like it!! My goals really, I need to stay away from sugar and bread(which the bread thing oh so hard when my hubby works in a bakery and practically brings it home fresh....EVERYDAY!)..Trying thats the keyword for me!!

I love Zumba but it hates my knees. I still do it as much as I can as my fiance doesn't like to dance and I do.

Now, if I had access to a bakery, I would need special parking. Great job on the willpower, sugar and flour are my drugs of choice!

Let's all keep up the great work!

Donna

I am in, I have 45 days till we set sail, and have been working out for the last 6 months. Down 40 lbs, but would like to hit 10 more if possible. I log food everyday on Lose It. Good Luck All!

40 LBS is amazing!

I use the food and exercise log of SPARK and it really helps...of course you have to LOG EVERYTHING ( I never really liked Math) but it helps me when I see it staring me in the face!

Does anyone else use a food log?

Ok, I did great Monday through Thursday...then had pizza for dinner and a hamburger for lunch! Oops

I'm spinning 3x a week for an hour and logging my food. I use an app on my iPad called fitness pal that I really like. As of yesterday I'm down almost 2 pounds. As long as I lose 1 a week I'll be happy! Keep it up everyone!

40 LBS is amazing!

I use the food and exercise log of SPARK and it really helps...of course you have to LOG EVERYTHING ( I never really liked Math) but it helps me when I see it staring me in the face!

Does anyone else use a food log?

I have found food logs to be the best for know where you are at. I love everything I eat, and work out 4-5 days a week. Down 1 more lbs this week.

Hi gang, I would like to join your group, if its not too late.

I'm participating in another thread on this board as well, but its mostly a weigh-in board once a week.

Like Blonde, I'm on CC just about everyday, so I would love some everyday encouragement! LOL!

I actually started my weight loss journey a year ago at the wonderful weight of 277 pounds. I am currently at 221, but would love to be under 200 before my cruise in March... so ironically, like most of you I have a 20 pound goal - LOL!

I've been incredibly loyal to the gym - up until this year. Go figure! I went snow skiing for the first time in my life over New Year's and came home so banged up and bruised that I gave my body a week off from the gym to heal. As you can guess, I did more falling then skiing.

Then last week I came down with a nasty sinus infection. I have Lupus, which means anytime I get sick, it's multiplied by 100 so of course I feel like I have the flu, not sinusitis. So again -- another week away from the gym to heal.

Bottom line - 3 weeks into the new year and I have been to the gym one time. Boo hiss! I'm sick of being sick. I am vowing to myself that no matter what, I'm going to the gym this coming week. I'll just sweat all this out!

Ann

I have been using MyFitnessPal for the past couple of weeks to track my calorie intake. It amazes me the amount of calories in some of the things that I really do like. My son is using it because he is watching his sodium due to high blood pressure so it helps him make better choices. My official weigh in day is Tuesday so we will see how I did this week. Managed to lose 7.6 lbs in the first two weeks but that was mainly because I gave up my beloved McDonalds Sweet Tea and went to only water, but I have been on my treadmill every day this past week except one so hoping it helps.

Ann - 50+ pound in one year is awesome!

Ok so my weekend as far as eating was ABSOLUTLY HORRIFIC!!! But I am back on track today...Kinda happened beacuse I hurt my leg last week going like rambo and well now its better..has to be I havethat thing called a cruise coming up in 86 more days, and it will be here so soon!!!

Edited by jolyroger

That's how I feel today! I have done really well with my exercise but every now and then I slip and have a glass or two of wine. And yesterday I didn't slip I ROLLED !!!

And now today I am sore as heck ( 8 days in a row of cardio and three days of lifting ) and now I am drunk from carbs (lunch with my kids) and sore from the gym.

OK, that's enough whining from me!

Let's all keep going and to some of the newbies that recently joined, it's never too late! Like my mentor said, "Tomorrow is another day!"

BTW, does anyone live near the Roswell/Marietta/Atlanta ( Georgia ) ?

Hugs of encouragement to y'all! :D

Donna

I live in San Antonio, TX, but am in Afghanistan for a few more weeks. As for your slip, me too. Yesterday I over ate, too many sweets, and no gym. Today is a new day and I am going to hit it hard and get back at it. Slips are ok, as long as you can recover and not give up. We can all do this.

I am in leave for vacation and cruise Feb.22nd coming up fast. I have been faithful with my food logging on Lose it ssince Jan. 2nd andhope to lose 10lbs by the trip. I try not to weigh myself very often because I am very short and I will see a bigger difference in my shape than I will pounds. I love to run but winter in MI I don't go out that much. I do however use Jillian's Ripped in 30 and my eliptical and treadmill. I shoot for 30 min to 1 hour a day and since the 2nd I think I have only 1 day of no exercise. It is key for me to look the way I want to, or at least almost. I don't belive my body will ever be the way it was prior to birthing and nursing 4 kids :eek: Good luck everyone:)

God I am already loving you ladies!!! Glad to know I'm not the only one who does'nt just slip but just smashes!!!! Well I so understand being short and losing weight ....I'm 4'11 so even 5 lbs loss on me can make a huge difference, and those little people called kids don't help, they love all the bad stuff!! But I am pleased with myself yesterday hubby once aggain brought home a glorious looking loaf of Italian bread.....and I did'nt even have one piece...Little steps!!! Ah but the day is just begining....IT WILL BE A GOOD DAY!!:)

It seems that this week I have a social event for three nights in a row and they all want to meet at local Mexican restaurant! :eek:

Today is night 2, I am praying that they will want to reschedule.

I did a light class yesterday (Monday) just ABS but tonight before the 2nd EVENT, I am planning an hour of fun on the eclip trainer (you know what I mean, sorry about the spelling).

I am 5'4" but feel taller and I am very frustrated because while my clothes are fitting better (and I tried on my HOLY GRAIL of a dress for the cruise) the SCALE is NOT MOVING....

Thanks to everyone for their postings and advice!

Have a wonderful magarita free day!

Donna:D

It seems that this week I have a social event for three nights in a row and they all want to meet at local Mexican restaurant! :eek:

Today is night 2, I am praying that they will want to reschedule.

I did a light class yesterday (Monday) just ABS but tonight before the 2nd EVENT, I am planning an hour of fun on the eclip trainer (you know what I mean, sorry about the spelling).

I am 5'4" but feel taller and I am very frustrated because while my clothes are fitting better (and I tried on my HOLY GRAIL of a dress for the cruise) the SCALE is NOT MOVING....

Thanks to everyone for their postings and advice!

Have a wonderful magarita free day!

Donna:D

Oh Margaritas!!! I love them!!! Tuna on a salad? Yeah not so much!!!

I did try on my Bikini today.....Everything looks better with a little bit of color!!! But overall not too bad ...I suffer now so I can have that Chocolate molting cake!!!!

Good job to everyone. i find that food journaling and keeping track of exercise on Lose it is very helpful. Holds me accountable. If anyone decides to join it is fee and you can be friends with people so they can comment on your progress. I am found on there under Margot Parraghi . Hope to see you guys on there. I think I may be down a pound or 2 but don't really give much value to that since it can change day to day. I really try to go by how I look and feel. I feel good just hoping to see some results soon. Although I won't be attempting a bikini I will be happy the way I look in my suit. Keep up the good work:)

Isn't it great to have a goal? :-) I live out in the country in SE Wisconsin and it is a drive to the gym. I finally broke down and bought a spin bike for home because when I moved out of the city I loved my spin class! I crank the music and go now!!!(no class, but hey, when you spin it is all about yourself!) I try to get my 40 min in before heading to work. I feel so much better!

Annette :D

Morning all! It seems everyone is on track and doing well - despite the slips!

I had my weigh in this morning and I lost 1.6 for the week... trust me I'm not sure how that happeend.

I've been sick for a solid two weeks. No gym, but I'm at least trying to eat right. Last weekend was the worst - I grabbed a bag of chips while watching football and just started eating. I have NO idea why!!! I don't even like chips!

I'm pretty sure my weight loss is from being sick. So, I think I'm turning the corner, I've been on antibiotics and Mucinex D for nearly a week, so I'm making a promise to myself to get into the gym at least once this weekend.

Ann

PS -- Mexican food is my downfall. If you gave me a choice of chocolate molten cake or chips and queso.... I'd choose the latter EVERYTIME!