Cruise passengers put on a POUND A DAY during two-week break

while it is seems true,the biggest issue is just self control. A lot of people feel they need to eat everything at once since they paid alot of money for the cruise. You can eat a a lot less of food and still enjoy the cruise

No news here...Move along:D

If you go anywhere for any length of time, sea or land based, pleasure or business, where you are surrounded by food and not encouraged to exercise, you will most likely gain weight. More calories in than you need to carry out your daily functions/less calories out than you normally expend during a typical day at home. And even those of us who exercise and walk or take stairs will typically fool ourselves into believing we're helping to "burn off" those extra calories.

All things edible in moderation.

I lost 2lbs on my cruise. I guess having a room in a 4j up front helped, well that and going to the gym and not really liking the food that much.

I am not surprised most gained though. There were some people grazing by the buffet, ordering many sides and entries, etc.

wow, I should be extra happy. I lost 11 lbs on our 15 day Hawaii cruise that ended last week. I found I ate less on the cruise than I do sitting in my office snacking all week! We only ate brunch and dinner and trust me, didn't suffer a bit!

I lost 2lbs on my cruise. I guess having a room in a 4j up front helped, well that and going to the gym and not really liking the food that much.

I lost 2 pounds on my last cruise too. I ate what I wanted, when I wanted- not really trying to control intake, but except Chef's Table, I'd say it was normal sized servings. I don't like buffets, so we never ate there. I never touched the gym or walking track though.

I snack more in real life than on a cruise, and there are fewer reasons to climb the stairs constantly at home. The cabin on Deck 8 definitely gave us a workout.

I am not surprised most gained though. There were some people grazing by the buffet, ordering many sides and entries, etc.

Seems like I always stay the same weight, whether I'm cruising for a week or hiking for a week:cool:

Two years ago, my then-16-year-old son gained 9 pounds in one week; this past March he didn't gain anything. Two years ago we were on Carnival. He blamed the weight gain on the three cheeseburgers for lunch and the 14 trips (or more) for ice cream everyday.

In March we were on Celebrity. Cheeseburgers weren't as good, and ice cream wasn't 24 hours. He did, however, have two entrees for dinner every night.

i only gained 3 pounds on one cruise out of 15. Last cruise I lost almost 5 pounds.

My brother on the other hand gained 14 pounds on his first cruise. Most of it water weight because he retained a lot of water. Lost it all within 3 days of being home

I am always happy with the selection of fruit and veggies, doing anything on the ship requires walking versus sitting in the office all day, on port days it's walking around too... don't think I ever gained weight on a ship.

I am always happy with the selection of fruit and veggies, doing anything on the ship requires walking versus sitting in the office all day, on port days it's walking around too... don't think I ever gained weight on a ship.

I agree! I eat healthier on a cruise than I do at home. Less snacking and not sitting at a desk for hours on end helps too. I've never gained weight on a cruise.

You guys must eat like crap at home! Lol! I spend enough time at the gym at home and eat healthy on a daily basis, I have no desire to try to be healthier on vacation. On vacation I eat carbs, and dessert nightly, and 2 am calzones, and I drink.... Lots. Healthy is for home! ;-)

If 60% of the people aren't struggling to lose the weight, that means it's water weight or they have shy colons- that's not a weight gain, that's water retention. There's a huge difference.

I eat healthy while at home hit the gym 5 times per week I also have a road and mountain bike that I ride. On a cruise I eat things I do not eat at home but keep away from fried foods and hit the gym 5 or 6 times per week on a 8 day cruise and never gain weight.

Gary

I don't gain because I don't eat everything in sight!

Correct I can never understand all that weight gain. If I was to gain that much, I wouldn't cruise. I go on a cruise to cruise, not to eat, eat and eat again. :rolleyes:

Archived