Blue Bay Resort info-Isa help please

manateelover

Hello,

Hoping Isa will help us. We are a family of 4, visiting via Liberty in 3 weeks. Would like to know if Blue Bay would be a good "fit" for us. We don't want to venture to the west beaches(wish we could) we are in port from 8-4pm. Hubby and I like to snorkel-boys use to, but now that they are 16 and 20, they like some shade, and lounging-sandy beach(are there some entry areas that are sandy here?) What do you suggest? We would like to spend our day at the beach for atleast 5 hours then venture to walk around town before leaving. Hubby and I were in Curacao last summer alone, and we walked around the town. Is there a better beach for us that would serve snorkel/nice sandy entry for all of us to be happy? Thank you in advance!

Hi!

You have great port hours - why not visit the Western beaches? Cas Abao would be a much better fit for your family (in my opinion) as the entry is more sandy than Blue Bay.

However, if you wish to stay near the ship - nothing wrong with Blue Bay for a couple of hours. Your kids would like the Seaquarium beach much more, but since you will snorkel that's not a realistic option (minimal snorkeling over there).

Blue Bay fits your snorkeling, kids can lounge in the shade and there is a restaurant, restrooms, etc. You will have a great day.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks so much Isa! If we were to go to Cas Abao, and the ship leaves by 4pm...what would be a safe time to leave the west coast??? We arrive at 8am..hoping to get to either Cas Abao or the closer Blue Bay...Does Cas Abao have a restaurant? How far from cruise port, and is the snorkeling in your opinion better there than at Blue Bay? Thank you so much. We are so excited to be visiting Curacao again-last time we just explored the town-beautiful. Now we want to see the beautiful beaches :)

Thanks so much Isa! If we were to go to Cas Abao, and the ship leaves by 4pm...what would be a safe time to leave the west coast??? We arrive at 8am..hoping to get to either Cas Abao or the closer Blue Bay...Does Cas Abao have a restaurant? How far from cruise port, and is the snorkeling in your opinion better there than at Blue Bay? Thank you so much. We are so excited to be visiting Curacao again-last time we just explored the town-beautiful. Now we want to see the beautiful beaches :)

I would personally leave the beach at 1 pm at the latest. It's only about 30 - 40 minutes from the ship, but to stay on the safe side (and plus it gets HOT at that hour).

Cas Abao has a beach bar, selling snacks, french fries, drinks, etc. Blue Bay has a real sit-down restaurant (Azzurro).

The snorkeling is definitely better at the Western beaches.

I would personally leave the beach at 1 pm at the latest. It's only about 30 - 40 minutes from the ship, but to stay on the safe side (and plus it gets HOT at that hour).

Cas Abao has a beach bar, selling snacks, french fries, drinks, etc. Blue Bay has a real sit-down restaurant (Azzurro).

The snorkeling is definitely better at the Western beaches.

Thank you so very much Isa. We appreciate your opinion, and we can't wait to visit Curacao!

Isa, do you know much about a resort on the north side called the Santa Barbara Resort? My husband saw it on the website and it looks very nice as well. Do you know if they offer a day pass? Distance from port? Good idea? I was set on Cas Abao, but he wants me to find out about this resort....thanks so much

Santa Barbara resort is BEAUTIFUL.

Nice pool, gorgeous beach. Excellent restaurants.

We stay there sometimes on weekends as a relaxing get-away.

However, it is quite expensive as far as consumptions, very far from the cruise port (also about 20-30 minutes each way) and no snorkeling. Very sandy and calm water, but no corral and just a few small fish.

The entrance fee for beach goers - $4 per person, which includes use of the pool, showers, beach chair and umbrella.

However, it is quite expensive as far as consumptions, very far from the cruise port (also about 20-30 minutes each way) and no snorkeling. Very sandy and calm water, but no corral and just a few small fish.

The entrance fee for beach goers - $4 per person, which includes use of the pool, showers, beach chair and umbrella.

Isla, thank you for the info on the Santa Barbara Resort-it does look beautiful. Too many decisions! I wish we could stay longer than a day...we will return for sure, so we can explore more of Curacao and the beautiful beaches :) Thank you again...we have some decisions to make very soonl Thanks so much for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like a great beach for us in Feb 2015...we are in port from 7am-11pm so plenty of time to get there and back. Is it $4 in US$? that seems like a great deal for all that's included. How much would a taxi cost from the port?

Thanks Isa!!

You can google their website - Santa Barbara Beach and Golf resort Curacao - for more pictures and information.

It will be an expensive cab ride as the resort is far from port on the Eastern side. I would say around $60 one way per van.

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the late reply - I was on vacation :-)

For Santa Barbara the entrance fee is now Fls. 25 per car (this is a voucher you will receive to purchase food + drinks at the resort).

A swimming day pass is an additional $15 per person, which includes chairs, umbrellas and beach towels.

• 3 weeks later...

Perfect thank you so much. Was trying to figure out what to do in this port with 2 kids. I think this will be perfect. And the pictures on trip advisor are gorgeous

This is new by Resort for a Day. Since it includes food, amenities and transfer I think it's worth it.

You will have enough time to enjoy the resort and the beach.

This might sound dumb but how do you book private excursions? Like if we wanted to go to Blue Bay? Is that close enough to the port to walk? Do you book the day pass through a company or through the resort? It would be 5 of us including an infant so we want something close and easy to get back to the ship if we need to! We are used to doing excursions through the ship so Im just not sure how to go about booking my own! Thanks!

This might sound dumb but how do you book private excursions? Like if we wanted to go to Blue Bay? Is that close enough to the port to walk? Do you book the day pass through a company or through the resort? It would be 5 of us including an infant so we want something close and easy to get back to the ship if we need to! We are used to doing excursions through the ship so Im just not sure how to go about booking my own! Thanks!

You would need to take a taxi to Blue Bay (about 10 - 15 minutes away by car), there are no beaches within walking distance of the ship.

There will be lots of taxis at the pier when you get there to take you to the beach, no need to pre-arrange a beach visit.

You would need to take a taxi to Blue Bay (about 10 - 15 minutes away by car), there are no beaches within walking distance of the ship.

There will be lots of taxis at the pier when you get there to take you to the beach, no need to pre-arrange a beach visit.

Thanks! So do you book Blue Bay through the resort?

Thanks! So do you book Blue Bay through the resort?

No, you don't need a day pass reservation for Blue Bay. You can just get in a taxi and go to the beach. At the entrance they will charge you an entrance fee and you can hang out as long as you want (beach chairs and umbrellas are included - you need to bring your own beach towels). There are restrooms, dive/scuba shop and a nice restaurant.

Not sure what the entrance fee is these days - it used to be around $7 per person.

• 2 months later...

We are also traveling there this summer and this will be our first time. I am just starting to investigate so I am glad I stumbled across this thread. I will be sure to look up the suggested places. Are there any "must sees" while we are on the island?? Thanks!!:)