Thoughts on travelling solo on NCL Breakaway?

Cloudy1987

Hi everyone,

I'm in my late 20s and was thinking of travelling solo on the breakaway for a week. The prices are really reasonable. I was wondering for those of you have a experienced it whether it's easy to mingle with the other solo passengers? While I am looking for a solo vaca, some days or meals in company would be great. Also would it be odd going in my 20s? Were there other 20 or 30 somethings? Hope the question isn't odd but I do appreciate your feedback!

Thanks in advance.

Cloudy

I haven't been on the Breakaway, but I've sailed solo on the Epic twice (in a studio cabin both times). I loved it!

I've heard the studio section on the Breakaway and Getaway operate in much the same manner as the studio section on the Epic. You have a staff member designated as the "solo coordinator" that will plan activities for the solo travelers, as well as getting groups together for meals, and help people mingle and meet each other during the nightly solo travelers meeting.

As for the ages... it seems to be a mixed bag. My first cruise had a lot of 20-30s (myself included), but my second cruise seemed to skew a little older. However, the second cruise was a special 8-day, so I don't know if that affected things or not.

I highly recommend giving it a try. :)

NCL goes out of its way to make singles feel comfortable on Epic, Breakaway, and Getaway. There are significant efforts made to encourage mingling on those ships with studio cabins. Have no worries and have a great time!