Spirit Class Cabin 4241 AFT Balcony Cabin Review

Wennfred

The pictures and description of this cabin was on the Carnival Pride but its pretty much the same cabin on all Spirit class ships.

This is the first time we booked an Aft Balcony cabin, Cat 8C and its also the first time we had a 3rd person with us in a cabin. This cabin is a standard sized balcony cabin but with a very small balcony deck. This is one is located behind the flag pole on deck 4.

The sofa is converted into a bed for our Sister in-law. She slept well on it every night. There was still a lot of space under the bed for all of our luggage, we took 4 luggage pieces with us.

The Aft Cabins tend to stay warm. I was told this by another person that had one and its true. I would say average room temp 76 to 78 degrees. No need for covers at night.

There is an over hang above of the balcony but there is still a lot of sun light that comes in for suntaning, also there is no wind in this balcony since its directly behind the ship.

This cabin has a full fridge with Sodas, Water, Beer and Liquors. This cabin also has a Blow Dryer and a Safe that you can swipe a credit card or any card with a magnetic strip to open and close it.

A remote controlled T.V. but no VCR or DVD players.

We had 2 full size beds that were pushed together, you couldn't feel the line or separation in the middle of the bed. It also had the New Carnival Bedding system, Shaylas sofa bed had the sheets and pillows but not the new comforter.

The bathroom was normal size for this type of cabin and the with the same amounts of cabinets to put our stuff away in. There are 3 closets which I just had Wendy and Shayla use to hang their dresses and stow their 20 or so sets of shoes. I just lived out of my Suit Case, when I needed something I would just pull it from under the bed.

In all, not a bad cabin for 3 people. It didn't seem cramp and we had enough room to walk around each other. I moved the coffee table next to the balcony door to make more room, that helped a lot. There were no weird odors from this cabin and it was maintained very well and kept cleaned every day.

Since its an Aft Cabin, as you will see from the pictures below, you will see the white foamy water as the props pushes the ship through the water, from deck 4 you can hear a loud but soothing sound like a waterfall crashing against the rocks. You can sit out there and just fall asleep from that sound. But when you close the balcony door you can not hear a thing from inside, these doors are sealed pretty tight.

If we have a 3rd person with us again, I will try to book a Cat.9a just to have a little more space.

One plus about this specific cabin, there is a laundry room right across from it with an iron and board, one washer and 2 dryers.

Fred

IMG_9851_800x533.jpg

thanks for the pics Fred. I was in a 8A in 4229 ( Carnival Spirit) and I don't see any difference in the 8A and 8C, except you were totally aft. Glad you enjoyed yourselves on the Pride.

Julie

Thanks Julie, They call it 8c because it suppose to have an extended deck, I didn't see any LOL, and as you can see from the pictures "where is this extended deck? There is no difference from the inside of the 8A except for the outside balcony deck size. This one is tiny.

Anyways Wendy and Shayla are fully recovered, she didn't have to go to urgent care after all.

Fred

Thanks Julie, They call it 8c because it suppose to have an extended deck, I didn't see any LOL, and as you can see from the pictures "where is this extended deck? There is no difference from the inside of the 8A except for the outside balcony deck size. This one is tiny.

I believe they are referring to the area that's under the slope of the railing. If you measure the square footage of the deck, it's extended. Of course you can only use at most about 20% that area.

But even if it didn't have the extra area, I'd still consider it an upgrade because it's an aft facing cabin and there are only 20 of them. And they're beyond kewel.

Since people are asking, I will post this to put it back on top. There was very very soot on the aft balcony, and only when the ship took off for a port. One or two little specs. The Aft cabin is pretty much hidden from flying crap except for cigarette butts.

I believe they are referring to the area that's under the slope of the railing. If you measure the square footage of the deck, it's extended. Of course you can only use at most about 20% that area.

The nice thing about deck four is the railing doesn't slope, so you DO get that extra space!

Here's a side shot of the cabin next to Fred's on a similar ship, side view:

349969979UehCPK_th.jpg

There is an over hang above of the balcony but there is still a lot of sun light that comes in for suntaning, also there is no wind in this balcony since its directly behind the ship.

Hi! Thanks so much for all of the information you've given on the spirit class ships over several different posts! They're VERY helpful.

We will be sailing on the Legend out of Tampa in May. We've chosen cabin 7152, basically because we didn't want one that was "indented", for lack of a better word. My question is this, will the wind on this balcony be too much to endure for long periods of time? We plan on spending alot of time out there, and were just wondering if a cabin further back would suit our needs better. Any "opinions" would be helpful!

Thanks!

My question is this' date=' will the wind on this balcony be too much to endure for long periods of time?

Thanks![/quote']

Hi, There no Wind whats so over because the wind is totally blocked from the ship. You would get more wind from the Side of the ship balconies then the Aft ones.

Fred

My question was about room 7152' date=' not the aft rooms. Will there be alot of wind on the balcony of stateroom 7152?[/quote']

Sorry, not sure, this Review is for an AFT cabin not a side one. You may want to do a search under 7152.

We had 7301 on the Spirit, Cat.9a balcony, and I do remember that it was windy. Balcony Separators will block the wind somewhat but it all depends one which way the wind is coming from, if its coming from a beam then yes.

I believe the "extended" part is that the balcony is deeper than an 8A balcony.

We enjoy the view from the stern and prefer wrap arounds but since there were none avaialbe for our Europe sailing we opted for the 8C and really liked it too. We have one for our upcoming Alaska sailing and it was only $12 more than the standard 8A.

Pros are you do not have allot of foot traffic back there and the views are great!!

Cons it is a LLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGG walk to the front of the ship and to get on and off in port but hey it worked off those extra calories!!!!

Anyone ever stayed in the 9A wrap 5266 Upper on the Spirit. I have that one for our Mexico 2008 sailing and curious the differences it is from Main 4228.

Thanks

Renee

The photo of the 8C extended balcony on deck 4 does not look like it is a different size than the side balconies we have been on , on the Conquest class ships.

Has anybody been on the aft empress deck balcony who can compare the size to the aft on the Spirit, deck 5? On the Liberty aft we could put a lounge chair out there plus the regular 2 chairs and little table. Hope this one isn't smaller... anybody know?

• 3 months later...
Comment about wind: Its all relative. It all depends upon ships speed and direction and wind speed and direction as to which cabins get/do not get wind on the balcony.

There is no wind back there, thats why the Cabin run hot.

Fred

Archived