5pm-10pm

AmandaKaye79

We will be in Aruba until 11pm on a Wednesday night for our cruise. Our day excursion ends at 3pm. We are looking to have dinner and drinks somewhere. Can anyone suggest a good local bar with a nice atmosphere and good food? We aren't looking to spend hundreds on dinner or to get dressed up for anything formal. Wouldn't mind a nice beach bar type atmosphere. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

just Google Aruba restaurants, try Trip Advisor. Some websites even offer coupons for a free drink or discount on dinners. There are plenty of restaurants in a short cab ride, The Renaissance hotel is right in downtown or go to Palm Beach where there is a "restaurant row" or try the large hotels on the beach. You have plenty of time to enjoy dinner.

I don't know who would have music on a Wednesday night. Downtown you could go to Iguana Joes, which is right across from the cruise port, or West Deck, further down. You could take the bus or a taxi and go to Palm Beach, and go to Moomba, Pelican Pier, or Bugaloe.

I don't know who would have music on a Wednesday night. Downtown you could go to Iguana Joes, which is right across from the cruise port, or West Deck, further down. You could take the bus or a taxi and go to Palm Beach, and go to Moomba, Pelican Pier, or Bugaloe.

Don't forget Hard Rock, I know Palm Beach is larger, not sure about the status of the downtown location. We usually leave before it opens.

To the OP, you are asking for suggestions, we are offering some, you acknowledged that you already "did" what we are suggesting.

You did not specify what you have already done, or what type of restaurant you are looking for other than not fancy. Being that Aruba is pretty laid back, formal dress is not necessary. Being that there is the "hotel strip" and downtown, you are pretty much limited on where your options are. Enjoy where ever you choose to have dinner.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you find anything interesting? It can get annoying how some people respond on here. I have gotten responses with links to 'Let Me Google That'. I always research my ports and ask for suggestions. My request for suggestions is because I am the taste it, touch it, believe it type person. I will take the recommendation of someone whom has experienced something any day over what I find in my research. Thanks!

We ate at a place about a block or so from port (on the right side of the road)....there was outdoor seating, and a band was playing outside. It's was a nice atmosphere, and the food was ok...nothing super special, but it was ok. I have NO idea of the name of the place! I think it was sort of Italian, but maybe not.....at any rate, just amble about, and if you hear music...stop and check it out! Nothing is far from the ship.

• 1 month later...