Costa Drink Prices

sugarbabe61

We did the wine package and thought it was great value, you can have this at lunch as well if you like and the water comes in handy, if you don't drink the whole bottle in one evening they will recork it so you have it the next night. The champane we shared with the other couple at our table on the 1st gala night and we shared their's on the 2nd one. The prices per glass went from 3.50euro up depending of which you order and it is a full glass not the normal european 1dl as we get here. Beer went from 3 euro and they always had a daily cocktail at 4.50 euro normaly they where 6 and up. We did order 1 bottle of wine when we did the fine dinning and there prices started I think around 28euro up to ................as much as you like. I did think the prices of drinks where good and thought they would be dearer so I was happy impressed. We also had the girls and boys package and used it on juices, coffee and water when we where around the pool. Cheers Zeby

I queried beer/spirit prices with Costa, reply as follows, though they didn't mention wine here:-

"As requested please find below prices for drink onboard. Prices are in euros and are subject to change,

Sprits & mixer €5.74

Cocktails €4.50

Beers (Budweiser, Corona, Beck's, Heineken) €3.50

Kind regards

Reservations Supervisor

Costa Cruises UK - London"

We felt the wine package was a great deal. You could always fill you glass and take it to the show if have early seating. Save it for the next night. By the end of our cruise we still had one bottle left, so we just asked for it and took it home. The 10 bottles of water also come in handy with this package..

Thanks a million to you all, you have been so helpful. Think we will get the package.

From what you say drink prices seem very reasonable, however alot of the reviews I have read re Costa, some people complain about the drink prices. I assume though that the 15% tax will be added to those prices :mad:

The last 2 cruises we have done (with British companies) were both fully all inclusive although we paid £99 per person for it.. Bad idea, just makes you drink more to get your moneys worth!!!! :eek:

Well I have been quoted different prices!! The Costa website quotes the "Classic" as 94.78 Euros and the "special" as 103.48 Euros, However I have been quoted cheaper by Costa direct which was around £60 for the "Classic" and £67 for the "special"

Also if you booking is a "Pronto" price you are entitled to 10% off the wine package.

• 1 year later...
We felt the wine package was a great deal. You could always fill you glass and take it to the show if have early seating. Save it for the next night. By the end of our cruise we still had one bottle left, so we just asked for it and took it home. The 10 bottles of water also come in handy with this package..
could you tell me how much the wine pack is please jamie57

Well I have been quoted different prices!! The Costa website quotes the "Classic" as 94.78 Euros and the "special" as 103.48 Euros, However I have been quoted cheaper by Costa direct which was around £60 for the "Classic" and £67 for the "special"

Also if you booking is a "Pronto" price you are entitled to 10% off the wine package.

Website is quoted in Euros even on the .co.uk site so if you translate 99euros to pounds it is about £60 and the pronto price discount is 25%

WINE PACKAGE "SPECIAL SELECTION"

5 bottles of superior quality Italian wines of your choosing + 1 bottle of sparkling wine + 10 bottles of mineral water for free and a discount of at least 10% on the purchase price of the wine.

1 Pinot Grigio doc Collio "Fantinel"

1 Gavi di Gavi docg "Fontanafredda"

1 Cabernet Sauvignon Morago "Pasqua"

1 Chianti Classico docg "Rocca delle Macie"

1 Possesioni Rosso Serego Alighieri "Masi"

10 bottles of mineral water

1 Prosecco di Valdobbiadene doc "Conti Bernardi"

€107.82

WINE PACKAGE "CLASSIC SELECTION"

5 bottles of the most famous Italian wines of your choosing + 1 bottle of sparkling wine + 10 bottles of mineral water for free and a discount of at least 10% on the purchase price of the wine.

1 Soave Classico doc "Pasqua"

1 Vernaccia San Giminiano doc "Rocca delle Macie"

1 Dolcetto d'Alba doc "Beni di Batasiolo"

1 Cabernet Sauvignon doc Borgo Tesis "Fantinel"

1 Rosso di Franciacorta doc "Ricci Cubastro"

10 bottles of mineral water

1 Prosecco di Valdobbiadene doc "Conti Bernardi"

€99.13

These are the only two packages that qualify for the pronto price discount.

BOYS & GIRLS CARD

20 alcohol free drinks form the following selection: Soft drinks, Virgin Delights, Fresh squeezed citrus fruits, Iced Tea, Milk shakes, Assorted Sirups.

€40.00

have fun

Shelley x x x

There is also a very little known option that Costa has which allows for UNLIMITED beer(draft), wine by the glass (probably house), sodas & mineral waters at lunch & dinner on your trip (in the restaurants). It costs about $10 per day -- WELL worth it for a beer with lunch & a couple of glasses of wine and some water with dinner. You (or your TA) have to call Costa directly to get this package. I plan to make good use of it on my Dec 19th trip :o

There is also a very little known option that Costa has which allows for UNLIMITED beer(draft), wine by the glass (probably house), sodas & mineral waters at lunch & dinner on your trip (in the restaurants). It costs about $10 per day -- WELL worth it for a beer with lunch & a couple of glasses of wine and some water with dinner. You (or your TA) have to call Costa directly to get this package. I plan to make good use of it on my Dec 19th trip :o

are you serious?

is this ONLY at dinner?

Do you happen to know the name of that package? They have many different names for various "packages".... Thanks.

You really need to try and recall exactly what you asked for.....a little more specific than saying "ask for it". The Specialty Options need a name or package number......

I booked it for our cruise on 17 December and just asked Costa for the drinks package that allowed unlimited drinks with luch and dinner in the dining room. It is either 10 euros, $10 or just under £7 per day. You have to pay for the whole duration of the cruise and not all members of your party need to take it. Costa took my credit card details and took the payment there and then. It is not advertised but the girl told me that it is in their handbook.

Here is my e-mail reply from Costa when I enquired about it . . .

"Please find below details of our drinks package.

Beverage Package during Lunch and Dinner

White and Red wines or draft beer,soft drinks, mineral water, all

served

by the glass.

£47.49 per person for the full duration of the cruise."

Just ask for the unlimited $10 Beverage Package during Lunch and Dinner and you should get it that way (not all the staff know about it).

Hope this helps.

Tracey

Hi Tracey

Appreciate greatly if you could tell me, was the £47 for a 7 night cruise? Did they have a choice of beers and wines? Also I assume this was just in the main dining room not the buffet.

Thanks very much for all your info

Regards

Graeme

Hi -- to the poster who indicated that I (emphasis added) needed to be more specific, allow me to say that even Costa is somewhat confused about this offer. As far as I can tell it is going to be a gamble onboard to see what happens. There was no specific offer associated with this and even my TA said that it did not exist; only Costa could confirm it.

First JONES 721 Thanks so much for the tip. :) This is such a great deal!

I just booked this "package" and had David at Costa fax me the details.:D

The package name is "Individual Beverage Package (by the glass)"

The Code is as follows:

TTG CODE > X1

The price is

USD $11.40 PER/DAY S.C. INCLUDED

EUROS 9.90 PER/DAY S.C. INCLUDED

IT MUST BE PAID ONLY BEFORE THE CRUISE AND ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL GUESTS

THE X1 CODE WILL BE PRINTED ON THE PASSENGER'S COSTA BADGE

IT INCLUDES: WHITE AND RED WINES OR DRAFT BEER, SOFT DRINKS, MINERAL WATER ALL SERVED BY THE GLASS IN THE DINNING ROOM OR SELF-SERVICE RESTAURANTS DURING LUNCH AND DINNER ONLY

PAYING RESTAURANTS ARE NOT INCLUDED

Thanks again T Jones for you help. ;)

Having called several times before finding a Costa rep familiar with the program made this very frustrating.:eek:

Thanks again this will be our cruise even better. :cool:

Archived