Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Blake's dress also had text; the card pieces at the waist had a word on them. "Fabulous"? Something like that. But he didn't seem to appreciate the challenge, either. He used a lot of muslin and just coated it with glitter. It was funny to see Zac trying to get it off his hands after the judges looked at the outfits after the runway show.

I wondered about that muslin/glitter abundance, too.

For this runway show, the designers did a much better job than the judges. heh heh

I was surprised to see Jake and Laurie in the unremarkable category.... their dresses not only looked real, but expensive as well.

Both challenges now so far this season have pretty unexpected results compared to things said in the workroom, both by Tim and the other designers. First was the toga dress being a winner, now Blake's dress was in the top, contrary to things said during the construction phase. It is almost like the producers are deliberately creating artificial plot twists and reverse psychology, but with it being "reality" TV I can't imagine how they would accomplish that without some kind of dubbing... or time travel lol.

Nothing like a team challenge to bring out the claws! I don't think many of them created a look that went from day to evening but then after a day in port who wants to wear the same outfit for a nice meal in the dining room.

I was amazed that Lindsay and Blake were in the top. My critique when it came down the runway was "weird".

I liked that both partners won since they did work so well together.

In my opinion they sent home the right person (not sure how this person lasted to the third week).

Sorry we did not get to see more of the ship!

CJW got married, fathered two kids, and has been experiencing good success pursuing his dream career. From what I know...he's way too busy to spend any time on the forums.

Our loss - his gain! Thanks, Anita. I always enjoyed the pictures because I tend to forget who designed what, and especially with this many people the names escape me. :p

Nothing like a team challenge to bring out the claws! I don't think many of them created a look that went from day to evening but then after a day in port who wants to wear the same outfit for a nice meal in the dining room.

I was amazed that Lindsay and Blake were in the top. My critique when it came down the runway was "weird".

I liked that both partners won since they did work so well together.

In my opinion they sent home the right person (not sure how this person lasted to the third week).

Sorry we did not get to see more of the ship!

I agree with everything you say, especially about who was aufed. Thank heavens Edmond had immunity. Hiding in the restroom and sewing the model in the swimsuit was really one of the lowest things I've seen on the show.

Maybe Blake will be the next to go.

Guess none of the judges ever went on a cruise to know that wearing something for the day and then morphing it into something for the evening is not feasible.

Guess none of the judges ever went on a cruise to know that wearing something for the day and then morphing it into something for the evening is not feasible.

LOL -- well, I suppose it *might* be feasible if one's day involved having drinks on the terrace of the Hotel Negresco in Nice. :rolleyes: Probably the judges' idea of what cruisers generally do. :D

Edited by cruisemom42

There were certainly some nasty partnerships, with the guys looking bad as a rule. I like Hanmaio's general look; much more original that the others. But she really crashed and burned this time -- as a team player and a designer.

I thought it was nice to give the pair the win, too, instead of just one.

I can't say any total look wowed me, though I did like all elements of the winning look I did not like them together. The top with the draped back was a real standout. And, the pants were interesting and would have been even nicer in a different fabric.

BTW, if you want to see pix of the looks with the designer's names, Lifetime has finally gotten their act together. Click on "photos" then click on one of the photos that show the runways looks. It will get bigger, show front and back, have a magnifier, and if you click captions, it will tell you who did it. Only took 14 seasons. ha ha

There were certainly some nasty partnerships, with the guys looking bad as a rule. I like Hanmaio's general look; much more original that the others. But she really crashed and burned this time -- as a team player and a designer.

I agree. However, even though a designer wants to stay true to their design sensibilities, she didn't seem to take any criticism from Tim very well. Unlike some of the judges, he is rarely, if ever, mean with his comments and they really are meant to help and at least consider.

I thought it was nice to give the pair the win, too, instead of just one.

It's also nice that both losers were not sent home.

I can't say any total look wowed me, though I did like all elements of the winning look I did not like them together. The top with the draped back was a real standout. And, the pants were interesting and would have been even nicer in a different fabric.

Can't say I was wowed but I rather liked it except for the overdone draping, IMO, of course. I also liked Swapnil's design.

BTW, if you want to see pix of the looks with the designer's names, Lifetime has finally gotten their act together. Click on "photos" then click on one of the photos that show the runways looks. It will get bigger, show front and back, have a magnifier, and if you click captions, it will tell you who did it. Only took 14 seasons. ha ha

Thanks for the heads up, I was hoping for a link to photos with the close ups.

Or necessary..... I don't think I have ever had to rush from port and get ready for dinner. Itineraries seem to allow for a lot of lounging between events.

I was disappointed that the Greek Isles look was unremarkable, since it was my favorite.....though I shouldn't have been surprised, they were the only pair of designers that were kind of ignored during the workroom scenes. It was so very Santorini, minus the dash of pink flowers.

I like Mood's new bags (I love bags:D).

There were quite a few I liked but Blake's was not among them. I was very surprised his was in the top three.

That dreadful sequined thing with the number was another surprise in being safe.

Truly cannot see how the winner won especially with the shoddy construction.

I could have seen any of the bottom three going home - all three outfits were terrible.

I like Mood's new bags (I love bags:D).

There were quite a few I liked but Blake's was not among them. I was very surprised his was in the top three.

That dreadful sequined thing with the number was another surprise in being safe.

Truly cannot see how the winner won especially with the shoddy construction.

I could have seen any of the bottom three going home - all three outfits were terrible.

Agree! Agree! Agree!

Blake's outfit was an original look but the construction was beyond poor. That necklace hid a lot more than blood! On my screen, the two fabrics looked incompatible, too.

Some weeks originality wins, some weeks it loses big time. No wonder two of the girls in the bottom were so discouraged. Who knows which way the judges will jump? And, for this competition, the judges are their only customers, their "girl."

I would have totally sent Jake home for that skanky sequin number. He was safe?:eek: The worst thing on the runway! And lazy thinking/working to boot. At least the bottom three tried.

Candice's black leather (was she the one with the fake leather that was hard to sew? sure didn't show!) dress with the white top was stunning. She was my winner.

Kelly (very cool t-shirt), Laurie (metallic-y skirt, white flouncy top), Ashley (grey tea dress with back cut out), Swapnil (ruffles, backless), Edmund (graphic print tunic) -- liked them all. And I would buy Merline's jacket in a flash.

Pretty good runway show. Especially with 9 hours to create.

BTW, I thought the NYC/Mary Kay mash up idea was beyond weak.

Well, so much for how well Candice and Ashley worked together. The girls team was a huge mess. I had really liked Candice until tonight. She appeared (could have been creative editing) to put herself in charge and then was more interested in telling everyone else what to do rather than working to a common goal.

Although most of her team tried to throw her under the bus, I liked Ashley's the best from her team

Loved, loved, loved the guys+Merlines's collection. The clothes would be great on a cruise!

I agreed with the winner and loser.

Don't read further if you haven't watched yet.....

I think Tim would have used his save if they had sent Ashley home.

I really like Ashley especially because she can design for someone other than a size zero. I felt bad for her being chosen last as I know this is not the first time it has happened to her. I agree with Heidi that they were crazy to not pick Ashley, a two time winner, right away.

Hello! So happy to find a Project Runway thread!

I'm really pulling for Merline and Swapnil to win. They are the only ones I've been impressed with this season. Blake seems to skate by with junk other would be auf'd for. Joseph needs to be slapped and his designs aren't just matronly, they are unimaginative.

Even the very thin girls looked "fleshy". :o

I was rather shocked at how so many of the designers managed to do this. Could you imagine what the garments would look like on the average "real" sized woman.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think Swapnil's was pretty but not practical (could you even get into that by yourself?) and too labor intensive to mass produce.