Help - cove balcony - is it worth . . .

Please help me decide.

Currently I am booked on a B2B on the Breeze for late September. I have managed to book the same cabin for both legs of my trip. Super convenient. Plus, the price of my trip has dropped significantly since I originally booked it and I have gotten $310 in price adjustments because all the price changes have been prior to final payment.

I have now made final payment and the promotion that the first leg of my trip (8 day) was made under does NOT allow for any price adjustment/OBC after final payment.

However, . . . I now noticed that the Cove Balcony cabins are cheaper than the Cat 1A's for that cruise. For the price of $250 (give or take a penny or two), I can switch the first leg (8 day) from a Cat 1A to a cove balcony. If I do this, I will lose the "same cabin perk" of my B2B but I will finally get a chance to sample cruising with a balcony, something I have never done in all of my cruises. (I cruise solo.)

The difference in price is still less than my previous price adjustments so all in all, I am not out any more money than what I had planned to pay initially.

What would you do???? Is the Cove Balcony worth an additional $250.

Opinions please. No wrong answers.

1A are really small but great for one person and on some sailings quite cheap.

That said I would, if I could afford it, go the cove route, even if only on one leg of the B2B. Changing cabins would be a hassel but... being in a 1A for two weeks might be to much for me to handle. I would like the change.

I would definitely get the Cove if the money wasn't a problem. I love, love, love the Cove balconies. They are my favorite cabins on the ship, mainly because you are close to the water, very quiet, and very private. Even if I had to change cabins during the back to back, I'd still get the Cove. Whatever you decide, have a fabulous cruise.:D

I would definitely get the Cove if the money wasn't a problem. I love, love, love the Cove balconies. They are my favorite cabins on the ship, mainly because you are close to the water, very quiet, and very private. Even if I had to change cabins during the back to back, I'd still get the Cove. Whatever you decide, have a fabulous cruise.:D

Thank you so much. I took your advice. I am now in a Cove Balcony cabin for the first part of my B2B which is the longer part (8 days). This cabin is actually right up the hall from my assigned cabin for the next leg of my B2B so moving my stuff from one cabin to the next will be simple. From what I understand, they don't actually take B2B cruisers' stuff off the ship but rather just move it from one cabin to the next. Easy peasy. . .right up the hall.

I will now keep any eye for the cove balcony prices on my next leg. Although the point that I would get tired of the same cabin seems rather valid.

I get a balcony. I get a balcony. I never had a balcony cabin before. I feel rich!!!!:D:p:)

Thank you so much. I took your advice. I am now in a Cove Balcony cabin for the first part of my B2B which is the longer part (8 days). This cabin is actually right up the hall from my assigned cabin for the next leg of my B2B so moving my stuff from one cabin to the next will be simple. From what I understand, they don't actually take B2B cruisers' stuff off the ship but rather just move it from one cabin to the next. Easy peasy. . .right up the hall.

I will now keep any eye for the cove balcony prices on my next leg. Although the point that I would get tired of the same cabin seems rather valid.

I get a balcony. I get a balcony. I never had a balcony cabin before. I feel rich!!!!:D:p:)

You'll really love it if you are on dock side at ports:D You can see everything.

Right now there are cove balconies on both sides of the ship. For an Eastern/southern cruise. which side is better?

I happened to be on port side of Dream. I lucked out at every docking, but it all depends on how the ship comes in.

Right now there are cove balconies on both sides of the ship. For an Eastern/southern cruise. which side is better?

You never know. I've been on the Dream's Eastern cruise out of Port Canaveral twice, and both times, the starboard side was the better side in every port. So just go with what looks good and hope for the best. Unless you can get advice from someone who has taken your EXACT cruise. Otherwise, it's just a guess. Port vs starboard, overall it's 50/50 which side is better.

I think you made a good move in checking out the cove. I always like to cruise cheap, and have only had a balcony 2.5 times. I'm not much of a balcony person, but I did enjoy the cove. Now, back to portholes.

You never know. I've been on the Dream's Eastern cruise out of Port Canaveral twice, and both times, the starboard side was the better side in every port. So just go with what looks good and hope for the best. Unless you can get advice from someone who has taken your EXACT cruise. Otherwise, it's just a guess. Port vs starboard, overall it's 50/50 which side is better.

I think you made a good move in checking out the cove. I always like to cruise cheap, and have only had a balcony 2.5 times. I'm not much of a balcony person, but I did enjoy the cove. Now, back to portholes.

Cruising solo, I am sure I will not be on that balcony too much. Perhaps in the morning for my morning coffee and to ponder the meaning of life prior to breakfast. And for a bit after return to the ship chillaxing b4 dinner. It is just an indulgence.

BTW, the price for a Cat 1A on my cruise is still dropping. It is now down to $503 after taxes, solo.

I am happy with my cove balcony the the price I paid for it.

We like being close to the water so a Cove for us is a great score. If you are not a sea person you may not like the sound of the waves and minor salt spray on rougher days but to us it reminds us of our earlier sailing days! Go for it and try the experience you will either love it or not!

Can someone tell me if you can open up connecting cove balconies just like the others? Looking at cruising with friends next year and contemplating our first cove.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe the dividers on Cove Balconies are part of the ships steel bulkheads. If so, no you cannot open connecting balconies. The Cove Balconies are also designed to be completely closed up in case of heavy sea conditions because of how low on the hull they are located.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Eng23

Cruising solo, I am sure I will not be on that balcony too much. Perhaps in the morning for my morning coffee and to ponder the meaning of life prior to breakfast. And for a bit after return to the ship chillaxing b4 dinner. It is just an indulgence.

BTW, the price for a Cat 1A on my cruise is still dropping. It is now down to $503 after taxes, solo.

I am happy with my cove balcony the the price I paid for it.

Don't mean to ruin your free time, but to save you the trouble of pondering the meaning of life... The answer is 42.

The only fear I would have is enjoying the cove then the second leg not having it.

From what I've heard you don't even need to completely "pack" your luggage. The steward will bring a rolling hotel rack. You can put everything on it and go to the new cabin. That switch is also a great time to do a little laundry if you need to. There are no other passengers doing laundry then. There is a laundry on deck 2 starboard right near the mid-ship elevators.

Can someone tell me if you can open up connecting cove balconies just like the others? Looking at cruising with friends next year and contemplating our first cove.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes you can BUT not if you have rooms with connecting doors. Its an every other one thing. If balconies open then there are no interior adjoining doors and vice versa. Did my explanation make sense?