Where does the Century dock in Juneau? What part of town are you at? also

A Sixth?

If there are more than four ships in Juneau at time then the fifth tenders. If your itinerary indicates you are docked for your specific cruise, then Celebrity generally has one of the two "primo" locations just beside the Mt. Roberts Tramway. We have done two Celebrity cruises, and have both times had this location, while Princess was docked both times in the industrial dock area.

The docks beside the Mt. Roberts Tramway are essentially on the south side of the downtown area. Juneau is so small it is quite easy to walk to the State Museum or downtown. You will need transportation to go to Mendenhall Glacier.

As usual, there will be no elite happy hour on either embarkation day or the night of the Senior Officer's cocktail party. We spent eighteen nights on the Century last November, and the elite happy hour was the standard 5 to 7 PM time slot.

And I will also add that I live in Alaska, and have done two Alaska cruises. Both times we chose Celebrity and in my opinion, Celebrity does an excellent Alaska product. Hope you enjoy the cruise.

If there are more than four ships in Juneau at time then the fifth tenders. If your itinerary indicates you are docked for your specific cruise, then Celebrity generally has one of the two "primo" locations just beside the Mt. Roberts Tramway. We have done two Celebrity cruises, and have both times had this location, while Princess was docked both times in the industrial dock area.

The docks beside the Mt. Roberts Tramway are essentially on the south side of the downtown area. Juneau is so small it is quite easy to walk to the State Museum or downtown. You will need transportation to go to Mendenhall Glacier.

As usual, there will be no elite happy hour on either embarkation day or the night of the Senior Officer's cocktail party. We spent eighteen nights on the Century last November, and the elite happy hour was the standard 5 to 7 PM time slot.

And I will also add that I live in Alaska, and have done two Alaska cruises. Both times we chose Celebrity and in my opinion, Celebrity does an excellent Alaska product. Hope you enjoy the cruise.

Thanks, really looking forward to this belated 30th anniversary cruise. (It come just a few days after our 31st, but last year it was impossible)

Hi,

== X == always docks in Juneau, and always at one of the two berths right alongside '' downtown''. Rarely will you see a vessel tendering in the middle of the channel ;the only time being if there are four or more expected to be in port at the same time.

NCL , for example, has two ships calling inJuneau the same day; however, one arrives in the morning, till 2;00pm....the other one does the Sawer Glacier in the morning, pulls up to Juneau ~~...you guessed it...2;00pm !!

the first one leaves, the other one slides in at the same berth, the furthest from downtown ( like....7-8 blocks...!! ) and leaves mid evening.

So, that day, NCL has one ship slated for the south berth.

Cheers

C

Always, huh?

Well, this photo from June of last year says otherwise...

I assume that was a rarity. :confused:

Our cruise documents show us as docked at Juneau. I would think that pier arrangements are made between the cruise ships and the port authority a year and more in advance so surprises just about never happen.

I assume that was a rarity. :confused:

I was surprised to see that as well: remarking at just how much Celebrity had devalued their Seattle based offering... not only did Infinity no longer get a day at a top tier glacier (Hubbard and/or Glacier Bay) , but it also was relegated to Tendering in Juneau...

I was on the Golden Princess that day in Juneau; it was June 27, 2011. Not sure if that was a one off type thing or not, but Infinity was clearly tendering that day....

Our cruise documents show us as docked at Juneau.

Then you should be docked. No worries.

1179179225_Picture1.jpg.e10e059f36030526fa7cb848c39071c3.jpg

749890465_Picture2.jpg.c6772e2406d6080810f63004989c1e56.jpg

461352597_Picture3.jpg.2e4d33dadd001d36a700c57e69ce7e59.jpg

According to the 2012 Juneau cruise ship schedule there are times that Celebrity ships do indeed anchor out. If the data is correct Celebrity Infinity seems to almost always anchor at Juneau, but Celebrity Century always docks at the Cruise Terminal downtown.

http://claalaska.com/pdf/2012/JNU_2012.pdf

(Reference: AMP = Anchor -Marine Park)

We were on the Infinity on the last cruise of the season in September 2011 and we were also docked in the industrial area. HAL got the two prime berths at the foot of the tramway in downtown. A free bus was provided, however and ran all day at about 15 minute intervals. Not a terrible inconvenience, but there certainly wasn't much to look at from our balcony unless you are a scrapyard fan.

George +

Always, huh?

Well, this photo from June of last year says otherwise...

Ooopppss...!! The saying goes '' never say never''....as an offshoot of my stating ==X== ''never drops anchor in Juneau'', I goofed...

sorry

Archived