Sky going into Drydock October 2013?

vanheve2

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has heard any news about Sky going into dry dock next year. There are no cruises available the first 2 weeks in October. I checked the list on Cruise Critic of refurbishments and nothing is listed, but I did see something on another site that said it was going to dry dock in September 2013, but with no details.

Looking on possibly going in December 2013, and be nice to know what they are fixing up:D

Here's the info you wre asking about.http://www.ncl.com/csimages/15/976/IT_Sky_10042013-10112013_Cancellation.pdf

Thanks for the info!

In order to perform routine maintenance, Norwegian Sky will be out of service in dry dock from September 30, 2013 to

October 14, 2013.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any updates on the Sky's dry dock at the end of September. NCL's press release doesn't specify and simply states routine maintenance . I know that some have mentioned bridge work but I'm curious if there will be any cabin refurbishments such as the installation of flat screen TV's. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Although we sailed NCL Dreamward back in 1993, our first NCL after that was May 2012 on the Sky for 4 nights. We had such a great time on the Sky, we changed our RCCL Allure cruise to the Breakaway (we live in NY) for this past July. We loved the Breakaway and booked an S4 in the Haven on the Getaway for next August.

That being said, we are sailing the Sky again in an OS in March and I would LOVE to see some updating but with only 2 weeks, I'm sure there won't be much in way of the cabins but I can always have hope LOL

• 2 weeks later...
I heard that they are putting in all new flat screen tv's in the cabins and adding the Moderno restaurant.

I was on this ship in August and I heard the same thing. New Carpeting, flat panel televisions and Moderno. GSC is receiving major upgrades too. Buzz was that they are planning on building a hotel on the private island where passengers can stay overnight or for a few days.

• 3 weeks later...