Barcelona port to Las Ramblas metro to Espanya train station

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Spain Ports
Barcelona, Ibiza, Mallorca, Seville
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:48 PM.
Yorba Linda, CA
5,948 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
I was hoping that some experience Barcelona visitors might be able to help me out.

My parents will be in Barcelona for a port stop later this year. They would like to know how far of a walk it is from the Barcelona pier to the closest metro station, which I think is located near the Christopher Columbus statue at the foot of Las Ramblas. Is it a far walk? How long does it take?

Also, how long does it take on the metro from Las Ramblas to the Espanya train station? How long is the ride? Or how many stops is it?

Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
jstducky!
-----------------
check out my travel blog, food blog and travel photos blog!

Where to next?!?!

7/17 - Island Princess - Alaska Cruisetour (Southbound)

7/13 - Sun Princess - Southeast Asia
8/12 - Brilliance of the Seas - Russia & Scandinavia (Review)
7/09 - Ruby Princess - Greek Isles (Pictures)
7/08 - Grand Princess - British Isles (Review)(Pictures)
7/07 - Veendam - Scandinavia/Russia (Pictures)
7/06 - Brilliance of the Seas - Mediterranean/Greek Isles (Review) (Pictures)
7/05 - Serenade of the Seas - Alaska (Review)(Pictures)
9/04 - Jewel of the Seas - Canada/New England (Review)(Pictures)
7/04 - Zuiderdam - Western Caribbean (Review)(Pictures)
7/03 - Zaandam - Alaska
4/03 - Norweigan Star - Hawaii
7/96 - Noordam - Alaska
7/96 - Golden Princess - Alaska
8/94 - Jubilee - Mexican Riviera
San Diego
7,184 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
It looks like 3 stops on the green line from the Dressanes station at the bottom of Las Ramblas.
There is a blue shuttle that takes folks from the port to the Columbus monument.
IF they buy any small guide book like the DK Top 10 Guide it will show a metro map.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UP next:
Splendor March 24,2018-annual Mexican "honeymoon"

south of france
277 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
check out www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com as a start. Lots of info for cruisers here. The nearest terminal is 10 minutes walk from colomb but the furtherst is a taxi away! You can walk the rambla from colomb to Plaza d'Espanya - a gentle stroll (If you don't get led astray by the street entertainers) which takes about 20 minutes - uphill.
496 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
I think the walk from up Las Ramblas from the Columbus statute is to Placa Catalunya -- not Placa Espanya.

The walk to Placa Espanya is along Ave. de Parallel, which is not as nice. It is about 2-3metro stops from the Columbus statute.