Who's going to the Baltics in 2007?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Northern Europe & Baltic Sea
Aarhus, Bergen, Copenhagen, Gdansk, Greenland, Helsinki, Oslo, Reykjavik, Riga, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Tallinn
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:35 PM.
Yorba Linda, CA
5,948 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
I know its early, but all of the major cruise lines are already selling their cruises for the Baltics for 2007.

Perhaps if we all posted who was going, what ship and what sailing, we can find others on our same cruise (who may not use the roll calls).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
jstducky!
-----------------
check out my travel blog, food blog and travel photos blog!

Where to next?!?!

7/17 - Island Princess - Alaska Cruisetour (Southbound)

7/13 - Sun Princess - Southeast Asia
8/12 - Brilliance of the Seas - Russia & Scandinavia (Review)
7/09 - Ruby Princess - Greek Isles (Pictures)
7/08 - Grand Princess - British Isles (Review)(Pictures)
7/07 - Veendam - Scandinavia/Russia (Pictures)
7/06 - Brilliance of the Seas - Mediterranean/Greek Isles (Review) (Pictures)
7/05 - Serenade of the Seas - Alaska (Review)(Pictures)
9/04 - Jewel of the Seas - Canada/New England (Review)(Pictures)
7/04 - Zuiderdam - Western Caribbean (Review)(Pictures)
7/03 - Zaandam - Alaska
4/03 - Norweigan Star - Hawaii
7/96 - Noordam - Alaska
7/96 - Golden Princess - Alaska
8/94 - Jubilee - Mexican Riviera
1,481 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by Shelby Cruiser
We are booked on the Star Princess 10 night Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen on July 1, 2007
We were on Star Princess last August for the Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen. You may be interested in the review I did of this which can be found at

www.cruise.critic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12469

Another review, which also has some great photos, has been written by sunprincess who was on the same sailing and was a member of our Roll Call.

Am sure you will thoroughly enjoy this trip but be warned it is a very hectic itinerary - you will probably need a holiday afterwards to recover.

Good Luck with your plans.
Suron in Bristol,England
Monticello, NY
1,966 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by jstducky
I know its early, but all of the major cruise lines are already selling their cruises for the Baltics for 2007.

Perhaps if we all posted who was going, what ship and what sailing, we can find others on our same cruise (who may not use the roll calls).
Good idea. I thought it was a little early to start a roll call.

We are on the Star Princess sailing out of Copenhagen on 8/10. On the cruise we will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.

Our first cruise was actually with Royal Caribbean on our 25th anniversary on the Mediterranean. That was supposed to be our vacation for a lifetime, but I guess this one now will be.

We have since sailed on Royal Caribbean on a Western Caribbean route and are sailing to Bermuda this summer on Norwegian. This will be our first cruise on Princess and our first time in all the ports.
canada
73 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Family of 5 booked on the Star Princess July 21/07. Can't wait.
Suron, I couldn't open your review. Not sure why. Would love to read it though! Always looking for tips and port highlights.
1,481 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by epanic1
Family of 5 booked on the Star Princess July 21/07. Can't wait.
Suron, I couldn't open your review. Not sure why. Would love to read it though! Always looking for tips and port highlights.
Sorry you were unable to open my review. Have I think found the reason why - I inserted a dot (.) after www.cruise which should not have been there. If you would like to try again the link should be

www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?Entry ID=12469

Did you also find the review written by sunprincess along with the superb photos?

Good Luck with the planning of what will be a trip of a lifetime.

We are off to the Rockies for a Land Tour followed by an Alaskan cruise on Dawn Princess in two weeks - the scenery will be somewhat different to the Baltics but we are very excited to be going on this trip.

Regards from Suron
North Texas
412 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
My family will be on RCI's Jewel of the Seas next June 30, 2007. I have 2 teen DD's who will each be taking a friend so we will be a party of 6. This will be our first visit to the Baltic area. I have been scouring this board for recommendations for independent tour companies. I can't believe how much wonderful information can be found here. This is a special group of people.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
06/83 Carnival Festivale12/01 Disney Magic New Year's cruise 10/04 Carnival Celebration (Scrapbooking) 06/05 Carnival Ecstasy (Girl Scout Senior Trip)
03/06 RCI Explorer of the Seas 07/06 HAL Ryndam to Alaska 10/06 Disney Wonder DVC Member Cruise 12/06 NCL Pride of Hawaii 06/07 RCI Jewel of the Seas Baltics
New York
1,684 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Hi
We're also on the 8/10/07 sailing to the baltic. I started a roll call and hope to hear from some people on the same cruise. Edna
Monticello, NY
1,966 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by edste
Hi
We're also on the 8/10/07 sailing to the baltic. I started a roll call and hope to hear from some people on the same cruise. Edna
I'll go post in that roll call. I had considered starting one, but thought it was much too early.

We are also going on a Bermuda cruise this summer (on the Norwegian Crown). I had started a roll call for that cruise, and have had only one person reply. But, I did learn a lot from her as she has been to Bermuda several times.
Michigan
738 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
We will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary aboard RCI's Jewel of the Seas on July 24, 2007.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Barb

I got the cruise bug

San Antonio,TX
2,231 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
We're booked on Celebrity Constellation for Aug 4, 2007. Booked this cruise because it also stops in Lithuania which is different from other cruise lines. No one has yet to post a roll call. Per this thread it looks like I'm the only poster so far for this cruise.
San Francisco, CA
120 Posts
Joined Jul 2003
Friends and I are planning on the Atlantis charter out of Copenhagen, concluding in Stockholm in mid July on the Constellation.
951 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
We're considering Celebrity - Century on 8/9/07 with a pre cruise tour that starts in Paris!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Adventures
5/2002 -RCI-Splendour of the Seas - Western Med.
10/2004 - NCL-Crown-New England/Canada
7/2004 - Celebrity-Century-Western Carib.
8/2006 - RCI -Radiance of the Seas - Alaska
8/2007 - RCI - Jewel of the Seas - Baltic
1/2014 - Carnival - Elation - Western Carib.
3/2015 - Celebrity - Constellation - Western Carib.
4/2016 - Celebrity - Reflection - TA Western Med.

Quote: "Grant me the senility to forget the people who are rude, the good fortune to run into the ones who are not, and the eyesight to tell the difference."