Questions regarding New Orleans?

MEcruisin

Hi, Still am learning alot from this board in reference to our 2/10/07 Fantasy Cruise. Couple of more questions.??

1. Price of Taxi from Hotel in French Quarter to Cruiseship terminal on Julia St.(2 adults/1child)

2. If you had your choice of going to Mother's or The Gumbo Shop for Lunch on post cruise day stayover, which would you choose and why? (Anyone have menu's/prices for Mother's?, I found The Gumbo Shop's online.)

Thanks for any information you can supply us.;)

Mecruisin,

1) Taxis do have a flat rate FQ/CBD/pier and should be app. $15 for 2 adults (we weren´t charged anything for DD last time).

2) Did both, enjoyed both. For lunch: Mother´s, for dinner: Gumbo Shop. Here´s the website of Mother´s http://www.mothersrestaurant.net/

Don´t forget to ride the paddlewheel steamboat Natchez for a harbor cruise

http://www.steamboatnatchez.com/

steamboats

Hi, Still am learning alot from this board in reference to our 2/10/07 Fantasy Cruise. Couple of more questions.??

1. Price of Taxi from Hotel in French Quarter to Cruiseship terminal on Julia St.(2 adults/1child)

2. If you had your choice of going to Mother's or The Gumbo Shop for Lunch on post cruise day stayover, which would you choose and why? (Anyone have menu's/prices for Mother's?, I found The Gumbo Shop's online.)

Thanks for any information you can supply us.;)

I would allow $10/pp for taxi - will probably be less. Some charge for kids and some don't.

I'd pick Gumbo Shop over Mother's - but then I'm not a Mother's fan (and there are many). Gumbo shop is a nicer place with friendlier staff and their food is excellent. I've never had very good service at Mother's (which some consider part of the ambiance). Mother's menu is more limited than Gumbo shop.

Archived