Pictures from Sept. 1 Cruise are Up

crzfanatic

I have posted my pictures from the trip at the link below. This is a new site for me, taken over from the defunct "Club Photo" and I can't figure out how to change the captions. Hopefully you can figure out what most everything is. Also, on the other folders from previous cruises, when they retrieved the old Club Photo files, they made a jumble of the captions. Although not a great speller, these captions make me appear really dumb. <G>

The photos can be found at:

http://crzfanatic.winkflash.com/

Andy

Andy,

Thank you so very much for posting your gorgeous pictures of your trip....as well as your honest, detailed and informative review. It looks like you had beautiful weather! It certainly helps to build my anticipation and excitement while waiting for my turn in just a couple of weeks!

..as they say...a picture is worth a thousand words!

welcome home....

jane

Thanks, Andy, for the terrific pictures and the review...really got a lot of good info from it.

Now...if there are any of you out there who have booked or are thinking of booking on the 1/31/09 Asia cruise on the Quest, it would be great to hear from you on the roll call.

Love this board.

Marilyn

Thanks so much for the excellent pix, they give a real good feel for the ship. Will be on Sep 22 sailing. Been 6 years since I have been to Bermuda. Sad this is last year for Front Street dockings. Progress, do we really need it. Looking forward to a wonderful trip on what sounds to be a very nice ship.

hp

I have posted my pictures from the trip at the link below. This is a new site for me, taken over from the defunct "Club Photo" and I can't figure out how to change the captions. Hopefully you can figure out what most everything is. Also, on the other folders from previous cruises, when they retrieved the old Club Photo files, they made a jumble of the captions. Although not a great speller, these captions make me appear really dumb. <G>

Andy

Photos are gorgeous! I MISS BERMUDA!

Thanks so much for the excellent pix, they give a real good feel for the ship. Will be on Sep 22 sailing. Been 6 years since I have been to Bermuda. Sad this is last year for Front Street dockings. Progress, do we really need it. Looking forward to a wonderful trip on what sounds to be a very nice ship.

hp

I just read your post?? No Front Street dockings?? Why:eek:

No Front Street dockings next year as the harbour area is undergoing major renovations. In future, they will accomodate one BIG ship in Hamilton which will leave St.George and Dockyards for hosting others ships. This change is a source of controversy in Hamilton as some merchants, restaurant and bar owners may not recover lost revenue. As well, they are going through a construction boom of sorts downtown as the skyline is going UP in Hamilton. Progress in this case may not please many traditionallists who enjoyed the old charm of Bermuda, however they need the office and commercial space provided by the new buildings....and that, as they say, is the price of progress!!??

In reality, there would be no logistical reason why a "R" type ship could not return to Bermuda, just not for docking in Hamilton. Remember that not every cruise ship can enter the passage at St. George and Azamara has missed that stop a couple times so far because of navigational problems. It might be that the only option for Azamara is to return to Dockyards in 2009 if the market demands returning to Bermuda and will it be commercially viable with a small ship?

No Front Street dockings next year as the harbour area is undergoing major renovations. In future, they will accomodate one BIG ship in Hamilton which will leave St.George and Dockyards for hosting others ships. This change is a source of controversy in Hamilton as some merchants, restaurant and bar owners may not recover lost revenue. As well, they are going through a construction boom of sorts downtown as the skyline is going UP in Hamilton. Progress in this case may not please many traditionallists who enjoyed the old charm of Bermuda, however they need the office and commercial space provided by the new buildings....and that, as they say, is the price of progress!!??

In reality, there would be no logistical reason why a "R" type ship could not return to Bermuda, just not for docking in Hamilton. Remember that not every cruise ship can enter the passage at St. George and Azamara has missed that stop a couple times so far because of navigational problems. It might be that the only option for Azamara is to return to Dockyards in 2009 if the market demands returning to Bermuda and will it be commercially viable with a small ship?

Thank you for the reply

• 1 month later...

Andy

Andy,

Loved the beautiful photos you posted on crzfanatic.winkflash.com. I took my sister on the July 14th sailing. Neither of us are pictures takers, but I thought it would make a nice Christmas present to give her an album of photos of the ship. So I went to the winkflash site and tried to buy some of your photos but couldn't. Maybe only the one who uploads them can buy them? I was able to download them, but only as thumbnails..... not suitable for making 4 X 6 prints. Any chance you could figure out how I could order some of these? Would appreciate it very much. If you wish to correspond directly with me, my e-mail address is mdodge@mindspring.com.

Archived