Is the Euro accepted in Bermuda?

Nashna

We have about $20.00 (USD) in Euro coins left over from previous trips. Since we can't exchange coins, I would love to get rid of them. Does anyone know if Euros are accepted in Bermuda?

We have about $20.00 (USD) in Euro coins left over from previous trips. Since we can't exchange coins, I would love to get rid of them. Does anyone know if Euros are accepted in Bermuda?

Euros are not accepted.

Before someone asks......US dollars and coins are accepted.

Edited by Charles4515

Why on earth would you expect Euros to be accepted?

Our currency is the Bermuda dollar, but since this is pegged at par with the US dollar most establishments that deal with tourists will accept US dollars as a courtesy - it's not actually legal to do so but tourism is an important part of our economy ...

Even if you are thinking that Bermuda is Britain's oldest colony (now called a British Overseas Territory), Britain isn't in the Eurozone, the British currency is, with pride, Sterling - pounds and pennies.

Edited by jollyjones

Why on earth would you expect Euros to be accepted?

Our currency is the Bermuda dollar, but since this is pegged at par with the US dollar most establishments that deal with tourists will accept US dollars as a courtesy - it's not actually legal to do so but tourism is an important part of our economy ...

Even if you are thinking that Bermuda is Britain's oldest colony (now called a British Overseas Territory), Britain isn't in the Eurozone, the British currency is, with pride, Sterling - pounds and pennies.

Frankly, I found your tone to be rather rude. I am well aware of the currency of Bermuda and Great Britain as I have visited both many times. I asked my question because several destinations that I have visited do have businesses that accept currencies that are not officially their own as a curtesy do their customers.

Frankly, I found your tone to be rather rude. I am well aware of the currency of Bermuda and Great Britain as I have visited both many times.

Sorry, you've visited Bermuda "many times" and you don't know the answer to this question? And you think someone who actually lives there is being rude? I think you're being rude and rather clueless.