Where could I find Ginger Candy for Motion sickness

Mari1023

Hi,Iread on this wonderful thread that Ginger Candy/root is great for motion sickness. However, I've tried various store to purchase this item but I can't seem to find it. I looked at my local supermarket (Publix), CVS Pharmacy & Walgreens and I haven't been able tofind. Could someone give me some direction.

As always thank you.....

Mari

walmart has ginger pills for a little under $4. 100 pills in the bottle.

i was watching MythBusters on discovery channel last night and they tried to find a cure for seasickness. ginger pills worked the best among the remedies they tested.

Hi,Iread on this wonderful thread that Ginger Candy/root is great for motion sickness. However, I've tried various store to purchase this item but I can't seem to find it. I looked at my local supermarket (Publix), CVS Pharmacy & Walgreens and I haven't been able tofind. Could someone give me some direction.

As always thank you.....

Mari

Walgreens has ginger / ginger root pills and puts them in an ad 1 free with 1 every now & then. Note there are several different strengths of them.

As always thank you.....

Mari

any bulk foods (candy) store or area in supermarket. It works, too!!

Walgreens for ginger capsules, OR:

One of the only mass-produced candies on the market right now that has actual ginger extract in it (you can't have "ginger flavoring," it's the phytochemicals in the actual ginger that help your stomach) are ginger altoids in the gold tin.

It worked great for us!

Thanks for the info on where to get ginger tablets and candy. In Alaska the tour ships that went out into the bays near Seward sold a canned drink that contained real ginger.

You can make a tea out of ginger by grating ginger root and then steeping in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Strain and drink, adding sugar or sweetner as desired. I'd thought about making some up and taking it with me.

Very Strong Ginger Drink

Adapted from New Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant

Warm in the winter for a great, soothing drink. Also good for an upset stomach. 6 C boiling water2 t whole clove1 C grated, peeled ginger root4 cinnamon sticks1 C sugarPour boiling water over other ingredients in a non-reactive container (such as a glass gallon jug). Let sit for at least one hour in a warm place. Strain in fine sieve or cloth. Store in non-reactive container in fridge. Serve cool or warm.

My mother who gets violently seasick swears by the ginger pills. She's been on over 15 cruises and the ginger pills save her life. She has never gotten sick since taking them. Get the supplements, much better than the candy. Any drug store or vitamin store should have them.

We have small children going with us. I figured the ginger candy will be better because I don't know if I could get them to swallow the capsules. I picked the ginger candy up at a health food store.

If you open up the capsule, you can empty the contents into applesauce or pudding and spoon it to the kids. They might not like the taste of the ginger candy as it's very strong. They won't taste the tiny pellets that are inside the capsules. My doctor taught me that trick and it works great.

DH is at Target as we speak. He said they have the 550mg ginger capsules for $3.89 with a $2.00 off coupon for this purchase. Haven't tried this remedy, but have a few family members who take others meds and may not want to add dramamine or bonine to the mix.

Wish us luck! Leaving for the airport in 3 hours and heading straight for Gamma :eek:

A~:)

walmart has ginger pills for a little under $4. 100 pills in the bottle.

i was watching MythBusters on discovery channel last night and they tried to find a cure for seasickness. ginger pills worked the best among the remedies they tested.

I got very sick on the first couple days on the Victory due to extremely rocky seas thanks to Tammy. My father bought some crystalized Ginger from Penzys and I tried it and never helped. I did finally use the ginger pills I bought at Walmart and it worked. Every morning I took one Bonine and one Ginger pill. No worries about drug interactions.

Oh, and try to keep something in your stomach. My room service saw I was sick and mentioned half the crew was too and he brought me an apple and told me it would help and it did.

Archived