Things to do in Fort Lauderdale pre cruise

Sledge1

We will be in lauderdale a few days before our cruise I am wondering is there any must do's ... We will be staying at bahia mar

I like to go to 15th Street Fisheries for a great seafood meal (fresh Gulf shrimp is amazing). If you get seated downstairs, it is much cheaper. It is dockside dining and they have a nice bar. Around 5 PM they feed the Tarpon from the dock.

http://www.15streetfisheries.com/

Edited by winddawn

Our favorite place of all time is called Tap42. If you like craft beers this is the place for you! Such a cool relaxed night scene too. We used to stay in Ft. Lauderdale for cruises out of Miami just for the shrimp Mac and cheese and beer flights at Tap42.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be in lauderdale a few days before our cruise I am wondering is there any must do's ... We will be staying at bahia mar

Check out http://www.sunny.org for FLL attractions, transportation, restaurants, etc. Great things to do: ride the water taxi, take a boat ride on the Jungle Queen or the Carrie B, go to the Everglades, stroll Las Olas, and/or spend some time on the miles and miles of beach. Have fun!

Shoppers with a car can go to Sawgrass Mills -- the second largest outlet mall in the US. If you have children with you the hands-on art museum is wonderful. Me-- my granddaughter is there and I am going to baton twirling practice followed by Halloween party and then our favorite restaurant Sweet Tomato. I hope we have a great big wonderful surprise at a new job site for this family!

If you have a car pre-cruise our new favorite things to do are...breakfast at Grampa's...ice cream at Dairy Belle and shopping at Swap-n-Shop...may not be what some of you like..but after many visits to Fort Lauderdale these are new/different and fun for us.

Finally! You helped us to decide what to do pre and post cruise in FLL!

We are arriving 230 pm pre cruise and needed a place for dinner, wanting to save the water taxi for our post cruise day. We are staying at Snooze right on the beach which is less than 3 miles from TAP42! We love our craft beer. It will be a wonderful walk (or short taxi ride) if the weather is good!

Post-cruise we will take a taxi to the Hilton and board the water taxi there. Lunch will be at the Fisheries or Coconuts. We will probably take the entire 3 hour loop since our flight does not go out until after 530 pm.

Thanks everyone!

Lauri

Our favorite place of all time is called Tap42. If you like craft beers this is the place for you! Such a cool relaxed night scene too. We used to stay in Ft. Lauderdale for cruises out of Miami just for the shrimp Mac and cheese and beer flights at Tap42.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you didn't already know, Wednesday is Ladies Night and ladies drink free all night.

Shoppers with a car can go to Sawgrass Mills -- the second largest outlet mall in the US. If you have children with you the hands-on art museum is wonderful. Me-- my granddaughter is there and I am going to baton twirling practice followed by Halloween party and then our favorite restaurant Sweet Tomato. I hope we have a great big wonderful surprise at a new job site for this family!

Actually, by the number of stores and not square feet, it is the third largest mall in the US and the largest outlet mall.

Because of our weather, many of the Sawgrass stores are outdoors instead of indoors.

lah66: Are you able to check your luggage at the Hilton?

Jaci

Actually I think we have two choices. We can do the bags program through RCI and have them delivered to the airport for us and they are checked in as well. Then you just pick them up at your home airport.

There is also a bags to go program at the port that will also transport your bags to a storage area at the airport but you have to pick them up and check them in yourselves.

Hope that helps, Lauri

Actually I think we have two choices. We can do the bags program through RCI and have them delivered to the airport for us and they are checked in as well. Then you just pick them up at your home airport.

There is also a bags to go program at the port that will also transport your bags to a storage area at the airport but you have to pick them up and check them in yourselves.

Hope that helps, Lauri

RCI's Luggage Valet program...just make sure the carrier you're using participates.

Thanks for the info about the luggage options. I don't recall Silversea having a program for that. Maybe we'll just go back to Embassy Suites (where we will be staying pre-cruise), check our luggage, and take a taxi to board the water taxi for 3 hours.

Jaci