Scotland Taxi Tours (Invergordon)

scottbet

Has anyone used Scotland Taxi Tours out of Invergordon? or can you recommend another small group type tour? We are interested in Cawdor Castle, Culloden Battlefield, maybe a drive-by of Loch Ness?

There just don't seem to be many options out of Invergordon. :confused:

This past August we used WOW Scotland Tours and had a wonderful private tour for 8. Another GREAT guide is Craig at Mini-tours Scotland. We did a tour with him out of Glasgow/Greenock and really wished we had known he also does tours from Invergorden and Edinburgh. He was awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! I considered WOW Scotland, but had looked at the larger bus tour. I am intrigued by Craig at Mini tours Scotland. Ill definitely look into it. Perhaps I will be able to find another couple to join us (August 2017).

Were you in Edinburgh in August? Wondering about the crowds that time of year. We wanted to spend the day in town exploring, but it sounds like it may be too crowded.

We were in Edinburg on August 18 for the Military Tattoo, which was so great. We got tickets way in advance and connected with others on the Cruise Critic Roll Call to make a group of 8. We left from Greenock for a wonderful day tour, lunch and dinner in local eateries, short walking distance to the castle and quick pick up after the show . . . all for less than the cruise lines Tattoo ticket and transport. Edinburg was very crowded because August is the Tattoo and festival. On our day in port in Edinburg we again had a private tour for 8 people, visited the Palace/Castle early, then spent the afternoon in St. Andrews. If you can, book early. You meet very nice people on the Roll Call!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

scottbet --are you on the Aug 1 - Marina --if you come up with anything interesting --pass along --might want to visit St Andrews

No, we sail later in August on Princess. Haven't decided yet whether to go with the more expensive but tailored to our interest private tour, or to take the excursion offered by WOW Scotland at a lesser cost. It covers most of what we want to see, but substitutes Brodie Castle instead of Cawdor. The cost is significantly less, but would I be disappointed in Brodie v. Cawdor? I think WOW Scotland gets good reviews.

• 5 weeks later...