Newport Rhode Island- July 4th 2012

leepep

Everything will be open. It is prime tourist time in Newport. It is a great town. There is a whole street lined with shops and shops along all of the wharfs ( is wharfs the right word, or wharves. Lol). There are also a lot of restaurants. I believe there is also a trolley that takes people to the mansions. In front of the mansions is an incredible cliff walk. And, Newport has a great firework show on the 4th. Let me know if you need anymore info--I am from RI. You will love Newport. It is a beautiful town!!

Since your question is not specifically about the cruise line but a port of call on your cruise, it S/H/B asked at the Ports of Call board, New England forum here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

But the answer to your question - just about everything. Do you have a question on an activity?

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is open on 4 July, and yes Sail is corrct that you prpbably wont be in port long enough to see the fireworks show...although on more than one occasion a special cruise line brought there ship here to watch the fireworks show....

Archived