Promenade Cafe

Promenade Cafe has small sandwiches and desserts. There is no charge for drip coffee, tea and water. I can't remember of they have lemonade or flavored waters. They offer espresso-based drinks and soda for a charge. This is true for the Freedom and Oasis class ships.

On the Voyager class they also offer pizza (no charge) and Ben & Jerry's (extra charge). - well on Explorer this was the case. I have not been on other Voyager class ships

During the day I prefer multiple small meals so Promenade Cafe suits me well.

The Promanade Cafe is a great little place on the ship where you can find drinks, sandwiches, baked goods, and the likes. If you get the soda package, you can get your soda there too. I believe it is open 24 hours.

My DH would get coffee there at around 10pm. My son would get pizza from Sorrentos. I would pick some baked good or dessert that looked good to me.

You can sit at the tables and people watch, etc.

All of the items are free but like I said, you have to have the soda package for sodas

On the Navigator, we loved the Promenade Cafe. Late at night, before bed, I would get a cup of Dark chocolate hot chocolate. It was just made with hot water and powdered mix, but I would add milk also and it was so yummy. DH loved the little sandwiches. He must have had a half dozen different kinds. My mother liked the assorted flavors of tea bags .No charge for anything except the Ben and Jerry's and of course soda.

We loved the Promenade cafe on both Voyager and Adventure! Those little sandwiches just hit the spot when you just need a little something to hold you till dinner, or a snack before bed. We found the coffee from Promenade cafe to be much better (and hotter) than the rest of the coffee on the ship. As somebody previously mentioned, it's a great place to sit and "people watch". :)

hi can you please list places to eat on explorer?

thanks

On Explorer, Cafe Promenade has pizza, ice cream, and the typical Cafe Promenade menu. Ice Cream is an extra charge.

You also have the Windjammer (buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner), the main dining room serves breakfast or brunch depending on whether you are at sea or in port, main dinning room always serves dinner, and there are two specialty restaurants for an extra charge. I did not go to the specialty venues on Explorer, I assume they are Chops and Portofino.

On Explorer, Cafe Promenade has pizza, ice cream, and the typical Cafe Promenade menu. Ice Cream is an extra charge.

You also have the Windjammer (buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner), the main dining room serves breakfast or brunch depending on whether you are at sea or in port, main dinning room always serves dinner, and there are two specialty restaurants for an extra charge. I did not go to the specialty venues on Explorer, I assume they are Chops and Portofino.

Explorer does not have Chops. Explorer does have Johnny Rockets.

Explorer only has Portofino, no Chops. There is also a Johnny Rockets which I believe currently has a $4.95 per person cover which includes all you can eat - sodas, milkshakes, malteds are extra.

Promenade Cafe is also open on disembarkation day. We found it was nice to sit there and have a pastry and coffee and then head off ship. Great way to avoid the chaos in the WJ.

I didn't want to deal with the crowd in the WJ on boarding day so I went to the PC instead for a light bite and then headed to the WJ just before safety drill. I found the food to be okay, nothing special compared to what is offered on Celebrity at their Cova Cafe. Of course there you have to pay for your beverages but I had an unlimited drinks package and ordered as many frozen mochaccinos and "spiked" coffees as I liked. The thing that got me about the PC was they had iced tea but no lemon. It was like pulling teeth to get one of the staffers to get me a lemon slice. Turns out he had to go to the bar. Now really. RCCL can't afford to put out lemon. If it's a "sanitary" issue then use packets of lemon juice.

It was like pulling teeth to get one of the staffers to get me a lemon slice. Turns out he had to go to the bar. Now really.

Sorry but I can certainly understand the hesitation. He had to leave his post, where he was assigned to work. I think I'd probably be a bit choked, too. *shrug*

Sorry but I can certainly understand the hesitation. He had to leave his post, where he was assigned to work. I think I'd probably be a bit choked, too. *shrug*

Actually there was entire team working the area so no one left a post unattended. Plus he didn't have to go very far. A dining room waiter would have to make a longer trip back to the galley for a similar request. Besides that, whatever happened to "service"? Are we meant to feel bad every time we make a request?

There is a mix of everything; free and extra charge for food and drink. We loved the cafe, which had free food- the sandwiches and cookies were amazing and water. You can also get specialty coffee for a fee. This cafe is also open 24 hours which is quite useful for a late night snack that is reasonably fresh (from that day), yummy and is not self service- as opposed to the buffet which closes and is self service only. There are cupcakes available for a fee at a different store, pizza is also free and is available also within the Promenade.

Archived