Feb. 2015 Post 2.0 Pride Picture Review-including the Chef's Table

alrichards4003

After Bingo, the playlist shows 80s to the Max. I love 80s music and enjoyed the show. My husband left after a few songs. I like some of the playlist shows, others I don't care for, but this one I liked.

Then off to bed and the towel animal with my sunglasses:

16428108380_cbe71f3684_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

I have the fun times and will post later. I tried to take pictures but they did not turn out good, I will try to scan them tomorrow.

Oooh, loving your review. We are doing the repo in 3 weeks - can't wait.

How much was bingo and did they use the punch card or have they switched to daubers like some ships have?

Thank you and look forward to the rest.

Have fun. Bingo was $20, I can't remember it being that low for some time. It is the punch card, but the same one is used for each game, they became a little worn after a few games. (We had a 10 game bingo session and they were not lying flat by the last game.)

Have fun. Bingo was $20, I can't remember it being that low for some time. It is the punch card, but the same one is used for each game, they became a little worn after a few games. (We had a 10 game bingo session and they were not lying flat by the last game.)

That is a good price, and for 10 games that will be rough on a punch card. But we still play a few times - DH loves it even though we have yet to win.:rolleyes:

I'm new to CCL. Please tell me more about the Taste Bar. It's an actual bar or it's somewhere you go to get food samples? Are they free?

To the person who asked about games, I've seen a few recent Pride reviews w pics of a dartboard, corn hole, and a shuffleboard table. Can't recall which bars they were in tho.

I'm new to CCL. Please tell me more about the Taste Bar. It's an actual bar or it's somewhere you go to get food samples? Are they free?

To the person who asked about games, I've seen a few recent Pride reviews w pics of a dartboard, corn hole, and a shuffleboard table. Can't recall which bars they were in tho.

The Taste Bar is a cart or on some ships a counter where they serve a small taste of food from various restaurants, on this ship it was 4 nights, bonsai sushi, steakhouse, blue iguana and the italian restaurant. The samples are free. It is typically open 5:30-8:30 on the nights it is open.

Thanks for the review. So excited to see Pride after 2.0. We are scheduled to sail her in August. It will be our first Carnival cruise and the first ever for our kids, so we are super excited. Keep the pics coming!

Thanks. I think for kids, Carnival is a really good line. Will they be riding the Green Thunder?

Thanks so much - and thanks for posting your great review and pics from your Carnival Pride!!!

Yours were the first announcements I recall after the cruise. My favorite was when you asked everyone to keep boarding area clear and then "man in orange shirt who just took off his sunglasses this means you too". Often people think directions/rules are for other people, so I got a kick out of this.

I slept in, I found the bed and comforter to be very comfortable, plus the waves helped. We went to the SeaDay Brunch.

The breadbasket with danishes, croissants, muffins and pound cakes:

16408296767_689cb282ff_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

My peach bellini:

15993401724_6d340d1a95_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

Huevos Rancheros, I like my eggs well done and on this cruise they were cooked the way I liked them each time.

15995827163_86183a9e80_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

DH had steak and eggs

16429787089_a3a7f23833_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

Caramel Cheesecake

16408301877_69dd5ee936_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

DH's Banana Pie

16429790009_cb3678203f_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

We went to the Art Auction and bought some works. I know some people think they are a waste, but we enjoy them.

15993444954_10702aa37b_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

16614491811_bba2e77986_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

After the art auction it was almost 3. At this time Guys, the Deli, Pizza and Room Service are available. We went for Guys.

The Ringer:

16589661456_7ffc31b695_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

15995862823_ef80563118_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

It was name that 80s tune, the winner got 35 points, I had 30, so not that far away. Trivia was in area in front of coffee bar.

16614962142_1003730a3f_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

15993411304_87aabfb77b_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

16428585550_acb92d8f0a_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

15993409484_a0ceb07a04_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

My husband had a piece of carrot cake from the coffee bar, it was huge, but amazingly enough I did not get a picture of it.

16428391728_45770d4c53_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

16429777599_bd2a9b3497_c.jpgimage by alrichards4003, on Flickr

Really enjoying your Review..the Pride sure looks nice..I liked the "fancy traditional but Farcus" decor of Spirit..can tell I would like this too...I never felt too crowded..but preferred not eating in Lido..that was a madhouse on my Easter Spirit cruise..a ways back.

You really are doing a fun review..thanks for sharing all your treats and impressions and Bon Voyage on that Suite trip coming up!!

Looking forward to your Chef's Table review..a little sad the Piano bar was not up to par..have not had that either yet on my 2 cruises with Carnival..wish they would pay big attention there...Sarah

Really enjoying your Review..the Pride sure looks nice..I liked the "fancy traditional but Farcus" decor of Spirit..can tell I would like this too...I never felt too crowded..but preferred not eating in Lido..that was a madhouse on my Easter Spirit cruise..a ways back.

You really are doing a fun review..thanks for sharing all your treats and impressions and Bon Voyage on that Suite trip coming up!!

Looking forward to your Chef's Table review..a little sad the Piano bar was not up to par..have not had that either yet on my 2 cruises with Carnival..wish they would pay big attention there...Sarah

Thanks, I read as many reviews on the Pride that I could so I wanted to add another one for future Pride guests.

One thing I noticed in a lot of reviews was how dark the decor was. I disagree, there was a lot of renaissance art, but I felt that made it stand out from the Breeze and Sunshine. I have some pictures of that coming up.