Best Coffee Onboard?

iluvncl

Okay, I'll admit it- I'm an addict. I simply can't live without my glorious cup of steaming hot goodness every morning. And afternoon. Anyway, ship coffee has been terrible in my experience. Yes I could take Via or my french press, but occasionally some ships have hidden gems of wonderful and free coffee. On the NCL Pearl in the rear of the buffet, the coffee machine actually ground and made each cup of coffee fresh. (It was actually an Americano). Any chance I'll find this on any other ship- particularly NCL?

Is the Seattle's Best coffee free or extra charge ?

Free from the coffee urns. I mix a packet of the dark hot chocolate with mine to make a free mocha. There is also a place to purchace specialty coffees like a latte.

Is the Seattle's Best coffee free or extra charge ?

It's free, but it just 2nd string Starbucks, dark-roasted and slightly bitter.

Just slightly better than the awful stuff at the Horizon Court on Princess.

The chocolate is free so make a mocha to make it palable.

Mass market lines just do not make good coffee.

• 5 months later...

I love coffee in the morning, in the afternoon and after dinner - with half and half. What I hated about HAL on a recent trip - our first one on HAL - was they had no concept of cream for coffee. They had pitchers labeled cream but it was really whole milk. I tried to tell the server in the library cafe about the stuff labeled cream.

She insisted it was cream and brought out the carton to show me. Sure enough it said whole milk. Ditto in the Lido and in the restaurat. I had to go to a grocery at our first port and look for plain half and half for my coffee. Very annoying.

I'm so addicted :D

I bring my OWN coffee onboard and a 4 cupper brewer...and the new Bailey's creamers (need refrigeration, travel well in suitcase well-wrapped up and sealed in zippy bags cos you just never know!). If I don't bring the coffee and brewer....I do bring the Bailey's creamers :) That stuff's so good it covers the taste of any swill they may be offering onboard.

FYI NCL uses Folger's.

Fair winds

We were just on NCL Jewel and all 5 of us thought the coffee was terrible. On same ship last year it seemed the urns holding coffee in Mama's was decent. This year coffee was just down right nasty. Only one breakfast where the coffee wasn't bad. I was thinking "how is this possible. Are they giving us coffee from last night?? LOL" I own a place that serves coffee. Maybe I'm just used to the brand I've been serving for 23 years. Before we reached Port Canaveral we asked our cabin steward to get us a coffee maker. We then bought coffee at the local Winn Dixie and I brewed that for us every morning. Little 4 cup brewer but it worked for us! I did try an Americano at Java Cafe, but they use an Italian expresso so I'm sure the taste was off to me because I am not used to this type of coffee.

Our best coffee was on our Princess cruise back in 2007. In fact all of us who sailed said best coffee ever, yet I do see complaints about their coffee as well.

Definitely bringing my own brew next cruise!

I have found on Carnival that if I add cocoa, and milk and sugar to a cup of coffee it doesnt taste half bad, it's not really coffee anymore, but it's not bad. I am bringing instant along with me this time. And I have swapped out one of my daily 6-8 cups to a cup of tea.;). This helps....

• 2 weeks later...

Oceania has free expresso, cappuccinos and coffee.

Usually milk in the pitchers, but cream available at the sideboard or from server.

Very good coffee most of the time. Understand the two new ships have a special coffee bar also. No charge

Coffee was very good and they serve an excellent tea in the afternoon which is an event .

Archived