RCCL excursions in Ochos Rios

luckyprincess

So, to keep myself from talking cruise non-stop with my friend I'm checking out shore excursions. We like active stuff (I can't swim though but I do snorkeling, parasailing, tubing) and they have a few to choose from. I'm wondering if anyone has done the Jamaican Bobsled excursion? I'm also considering the river tubing and Dunn's Falls tour. Is climbing the falls difficult? Thanks!

We did the Mystic Mountain (where the bobsleds are) and Dunn's River a few years ago. The excursion was offered through RC. This was one of the best excursions we ever did! The views at Mystic Mountain (and bobsleds and awesome jerk chicken:) and then climbing the falls remains a favorite memory for our family! I would highly recommend an excursion that combines both....enjoy:)

We did the Mystic Mountain (where the bobsleds are) and Dunn's River a few years ago. The excursion was offered through RC. This was one of the best excursions we ever did! The views at Mystic Mountain (and bobsleds and awesome jerk chicken:) and then climbing the falls remains a favorite memory for our family! I would highly recommend an excursion that combines both....enjoy:)

Thanks Tweety! I'm terrified of heights but I really want to do it! I'm trying to find out all the info because it sounds like a blast! I did the zipline at Labadee and got through my fear so I'm hoping I can do the same here... I'm going to check Youtube for videos now because someone said the chair lift up is really long and high :eek:

Dunns River Falls is not difficult at all. Rubber sole water shoes is a most to prevent from slipping on some of the slippery rocks. When I went up the falls there was a kid behind me that was 7 years old who made it all the way up with no problem. He was with his mom, dad and another older brother and since he was between me and his mother I did help lift him up a few times if we got to a spot where his little short legs couldn't get to the next place to step on the way up! It was lots of fun going up! There are a lot of photo ops that the guide takes picture and vidoes of the climb which they glady sell you a CD at the end before your bus pulls away. I didn't buy the CD as my wife who didn't do the climb but followed along on the stairs on the side took pictures and videos of me through out the climb. :cool:

In Ocho Rios, we did the tubing, White water safari, nice n easy,

Just hop in the tube and the guides set you off, singing along the way

You end up at an outlet onto the beach where we spent the rest of the day.

We did through RC

Happy Days.

In Ocho Rios, we did the tubing, White water safari, nice n easy,

Just hop in the tube and the guides set you off, singing along the way

You end up at an outlet onto the beach where we spent the rest of the day.

We did through RC

Happy Days.

That sounds pretty good! I can't swim - did they give you a vest?