Upgrade to 2-Bedroom Family Suite?

JinxyB

Hello all, this will be our first time with NCL and are currently booked in adjoining balcony cabins on the Pearl. My group consists on 3 adults and one child (2 y/o). I am seriously eyeing the 2-bedroom family suite which would cost a total of $1500 more. I keep reading about all these fantastic suite benefits and know I would love it, but it is a lot of money! My plan would be for 2 adults to sleep in the master bedroom, one in the second bedroom and the child in the living room. Do the balcony doors lock? My other question is do you think we would be more comfortable in a suite vs the 2 balcony cabins? Is it really worth the extra $$? Thinking about waiting until final payment next month to see if the price drops-does this ever occur? There are 6 of these SC cabins left. Thank you for any advice!

Hello all, this will be our first time with NCL and are currently booked in adjoining balcony cabins on the Pearl. My group consists on 3 adults and one child (2 y/o). I am seriously eyeing the 2-bedroom family suite which would cost a total of $1500 more. I keep reading about all these fantastic suite benefits and know I would love it, but it is a lot of money! My plan would be for 2 adults to sleep in the master bedroom, one in the second bedroom and the child in the living room. Do the balcony doors lock? Yes they do. Balcony doors are never that easy to open either.

My other question is do you think we would be more comfortable in a suite vs the 2 balcony cabins? You would have a nice space to all hang out in together vs the adjoining balconies.

Is it really worth the extra $$? Only you can decide that. Is the extra money easily affordable? Will you use the suite perks? Will you spend time in the room or just shower and sleep?

Thinking about waiting until final payment next month to see if the price drops-does this ever occur? There are 6 of these SC cabins left. Thank you for any advice!

I think I would wait too. $1,500 is a lot of money to me. That would cover my whole on board account and then some.

Don't forget if you move to the suite to budget in tips for your concierge and butler who are not in the tip pool.

Whatever you decide, you'll have a great time.

Last year three of use sharing a mini-suite were upgraded to a 2 BR, 2 B family suite for $600/person. We loved the extra bedroom and bath as well as the suite amenities. You probably have more room in the two adjoining balconies.

Is there a minimum amount of people that has to be in the suite to book it?

In other words, could I book this for myself, DH and DD?

It would only be three of us.

No minimum - yes you can book for three, two, or one (you'd have to pay the single supplement though).

I do not believe there is a minimum, although if you booked for one, you would have to pay double the pp fee. My husband and I keep checking the prices of the 2 bedroom suite on the Epic for just the 2 of us, just for the extra space and bathroom alone! :) (we are currently booked in an AFT penthouse)

Michelle

I think I'm going to keep watching the price, especially after final payment. I really want to surprise my family with a suite! I would imagine once you sail in a suite you never want to go back to a regular cabin!!

One thing, we are booked on our first NCL cruise, and we went all out and booked our first suite. We booked six months out, and a week after we booked the suites were sold out. You might want to check on availability to know whether or not it will be an option closer to your cruise date. Have fun whatever you do...............

One thing, we are booked on our first NCL cruise, and we went all out and booked our first suite. We booked six months out, and a week after we booked the suites were sold out. You might want to check on availability to know whether or not it will be an option closer to your cruise date. Have fun whatever you do...............

This is a very true statement, our first cruise we were in a suite and as much as I'd like to stay in a balcony price wise, I just can't give up the extra space, the giant bathroom!

Have been in the 2 BR suite when we took both children, is nice and roomy, not to mention that second room has it's own full bathroom which is helpful in the morning. I personally would upgrade if the price seemed reasonable for you.

No minimum that I'm aware of. We had 3 in a 2 BR suite last October on the Dawn with myself, DW, and DD (2.5 yo).... we LOVED it :) It was great that there was space to move around in and we weren't on top of each other in a regular 175 sq. ft. balcony cabin. We've learned that traveling with a small child (2 now) requires plenty of rest time and "hangout" time in the cabin. The 2 BR suite was a great space to hangout in - whether sitting on the balcony, playing a game, or just watching a DVD.

While it doesn't come cheap, we're hooked. We booked more 2 BR suites for our Dawn cruise next week and our Star cruise in January.

We are 2 months away from our TA on the NCL Epic and the prices have just dropped so we purchased a 2 bedroom for the two of us. If we had a 3rd or 4th person then they would pay considerably less.

There are some great utube videos about this room that might help you decide. It looks like the lower couch is a large twin and there is a pull down upper bunk.

You get numerous perks to be in this area.

Hope you have a good trip!

Jackie

I've sailed in NCL and Royal Caribbean suites and I'm not sure I'd pay $1,500 extra. You have 2 balcony cabins now and $1,500 for all the expenses on board.

If prices drop, maybe, but not as it stands right now, not in my book.

Archived