Breaking News - Carnival Legend is...

It is RT from Long Beach. 14 fun filled days and nights. Ensenada is used as Distant port for 3/4 days to LB.

I think the poster I was referring to, mentioned a leg from Long Beach to Hawaii, when the Legend moves to Australia.

ShotoJuku,

The Legend could legally go from Tampa to Hawaii, because of the distant foreign port stops, but I'm not sure it will.

Dianne,

The PVSA is the passenger part of the Jones Act, which is cargo. It's a really old law, but basically protected US trade ships from foreign flagged ships trading between US cities and taking away revenue...Airlines have the same typses of rules. You won't see airlines like Qantas, British, etc. flying only between US cities.

I would strongly suspect that LEGEND will be doing the same.

Yes it WILL stop in Costa Rico and Panama which are distant foreign ports when sailing thru the Panama Canal..but cannot sail from California to Hawaii without stopping at a distant foreign port of which I don't think there are any between Calif & Hawaii..We will just have to be patient and see what Carnival has for the itinerary ..Dennis

It would be great if Carnival would create single rooms. I would love to cruise more but my husband is not as thrilled as I am to be on a ship for days on end. This opportunity to sail to OZ would be wonderful. Might be able to convince him to do the Panama Canal portion. Donna

Donna,

I cruise solo, and was on the Spirit last year to Oz. I sprung for a balcony and the final price went down 1000k by sail date. I had $600 OBC on this leg alone.

I won't do a balcony this time, but will probably do a 4K..I figure when a couple sails, it still comes out of the same pocket, but they pay tips, excursions, and everything else for 2, so paying the cabin alone for double doesn't bother me to much. My total bill still ends up being a lot less than most couples. LOL

Donna,

I cruise solo, and was on the Spirit last year to Oz. I sprung for a balcony and the final price went down 1000k by sail date. I had $600 OBC on this leg alone.

I won't do a balcony this time, but will probably do a 4K..I figure when a couple sails, it still comes out of the same pocket, but they pay tips, excursions, and everything else for 2, so paying the cabin alone for double doesn't bother me to much. My total bill still ends up being a lot less than most couples. LOL

I've also cruised twice solo as my husband hates cruising..,, he gave in and did the 17 days on the spirit last year (i had to pay to get him to come) but he got sick half way through with the flu and spent most of his days in the cabin so that's it he won't go again

If I go on this cruise it will be solo although I have friends who are doing it for the 2nd time as well

Dianne

Any dates?

Nothing yet, they are still working on some of the ports..Got to leave Tampa after last carrib cruise -that date is August 17th..That would put them in LA Aug 30..and Sydney Sept. 23..first cruise from Sydney is Sept. 25...Dennis

Nothing yet, they are still working on some of the ports..Got to leave Tampa after last carrib cruise -that date is August 17th..That would put them in LA Aug 30..and Sydney Sept. 23..first cruise from Sydney is Sept. 25...Dennis

Do you know when we can book? How did you hear this?

Our friend was looking into booking this cruise and this is the tentative itinerary from a PVP..they are still working on some of the ports..Dennis

Interesting that some have the info... I actually called the Diamond Desk today about it and was told they have no info yet....

We have been hearing SOON since May.:rolleyes:

Even though I think from what I have heard that the itinerary is not what a lot of people are expecting.

I would think the next week should have those cruises posted and bookable..Dennis

That will kill us Aussies if they don't go via Hawaii as that's where the majority of us would join the ship

I have noticed some are adding a stop in New Zealand as opposed to Suva which would be great as Suva is not very exciting... Neither by the way is Papeete ... I've done this route twice, once Sydney to Hawaii via Tahiti and then the spirit last year Hawaii to Sydney...

As half the guests last year were from Australia and New Zealand, I'd be surprised if they gave up that part of the market

Dianne

I have some of the itinerary for the Legend...13 day Tampa to LA then 23 da y LA to Sydney..No stops in Hawaii........Dennis

That is interesting Dennis that they do not stop in Hawaii. Especially as Dianne says 50% of guests were from Australia and New Zealand.

Donna,

Did you find that you used the balcony cabin much on the Trans Pacific Deb?

I have a one time upgrade from OV to balcony as my Diamond perk but wondering about it. I do like the 4Ks too.

Have checked into using miles for the one way flight back and have enough based on this years levels anyway. Coach is okay if it is free LOL.

That is interesting Dennis that they do not stop in Hawaii. Especially as Dianne says 50% of guests were from Australia and New Zealand.

The tentative schedule has 14 sea day with the first stop at Puerto Vallardo..Dennis

Did you find that you used the balcony cabin much on the Trans Pacific Deb?

I have a one time upgrade from OV to balcony as my Diamond perk but wondering about it. I do like the 4Ks too.

Have checked into using miles for the one way flight back and have enough based on this years levels anyway. Coach is okay if it is free LOL.

I flew back last time using miles too, but I cashed in a bunch and flew business/first class. Wow! I'd previously done the flight in coach. What a difference! I hope to do the same thing this time too.

Can't remember how much time my friend and I spent on our balcony. I like balcony cabins, but I never spend as much time on them as I think I will. If I do the B2B, the cruise to Oz will be my 50 milestone. Since I'll be traveling solo this time, that 50% OBC will be nice. I may have trouble spending it all :rolleyes:!

Karen

OK then...sooner than later! :rolleyes::D

The longer they hold it the better the prices will be. They will not sell out this cruise and neither did they sell out the Spirit. We got lots of OBC on the Spirit and expect to get it on the Legend. Two days before the Spirit sailed they offered to upgrade all Diamond guest to a balcony. We declined as we were next door to our cruising buddies in a 4D on deck 7 and we love our location. Dennis

Nikki,

I did a B2B2B on the Spirit repo and it was 35 days. That was a bit long for me, but 23 (22) should be about right.

But you definitely have to like sea days, because there is going to be lots of them.

Debbie