Carnival Honeymoon Registry

Sooo.... My Dad bought us 2 cabanas for Half Moon Cay from the registry. They are sold out on the site. Apparently, the way the registry works is that they purchase them and then you given the money to book them.

Well... I found this out today. I was on the phone with Carnival for an hour trying to figure out if I could reserve them now since I will be getting ready for the wedding and won't be able to get down there in time on the ship.

Guess what! They gave me the excursions email and they called me back and they went ahead and reserved me 2 adjacent cabanas, so all I have to do is go down there give them my name and they will have them set up for me to pick up the cabana numbers. I am SO excited, because we thought they were sold out.

Since we do not need any more "stuff", we are givng friends and family charity options and the opportunity to make us drunk, fat or more beautiful and relaxed via the Carnival Honeymoon registry. We sent the link out way early since the wedding itself is only the two of us on a beach in St. Thomas.

VERY simple to set up and even casual friends are happy to throw in $25 towards a couple of drinks by the pool.

Are funship dollars refundable? Lets say we do a few excursions and spa treatments, but still have money left over. Is that refunded back to you? Not that I really think that'll happen, cause I can definitely SPEND like its going out of style, but just curious!

~Tasha

• 2 weeks later...
Are funship dollars refundable? Lets say we do a few excursions and spa treatments, but still have money left over. Is that refunded back to you? Not that I really think that'll happen, cause I can definitely SPEND like its going out of style, but just curious!

~Tasha

Per the FAQ, any funship dollars not spent on board are refunded to you in cash before you get off the ship.

http://www.carnival.honeymoonwishes.com/registry/Honeymoon-Registry-Couple-FAQ#q12

• 2 months later...

We have our Carnival Registery up, but would live to edit the wording of some of the titles. Does anyone know if you can do this? We will be doing the Chef's table and the steak house and want to tell people about them. Not the blah blah blah that carnival has up there.

47 days until our wedding and 49 until we cruise.

What about the fee they charge the guests? Isn't it pretty high, like 7% of the amount they are giving you? Did anyone get family complaining about that?

Yeah, I agree with you. 7% service fee to carnival plus 3% merchant fee is a lot. I'm not going to use this service. I think we would prefer funship dollars or donations to a worthy charity such as march of dimes.

• 2 weeks later...

You can create your own registry on honeyfund. It is a dot com. The money comes straight to you, and you have to do your own bookings and such. We just had our wedding. The website is free, though you can use one of their templates for an extra $35. If you hook your paypal up to it, people that use the paypal still have the fee taken out, but others have the options of giving you cash or a check and you get that amount in whole. You can search my last name, dinsdale on the site and find our cruise registry.

Happy Honeymooning!!

Archived