Arriving at the Pier - Will I be coming in too late and waiting LONG time?

js

Hi.

Our car service from Staten Island wants to pick up the 10 of us at 10:30 am on the Sunday we leave for the Breakaway. They say they will be at the pier in the morning picking up others that are departing and they will get back to us about that time.

If we get to the pier about 11:30 am/12:00 pm, will it be too crazy at that time and will we be waiting very long to board the ship?

Thank you all very much!

Hi.

Our car service from Staten Island wants to pick up the 10 of us at 10:30 am on the Sunday we leave for the Breakaway. They say they will be at the pier in the morning picking up others that are departing and they will get back to us about that time.

If we get to the pier about 11:30 am/12:00 pm, will it be too crazy at that time and will we be waiting very long to board the ship?

Thank you all very much!

Too late for me...lol

We're getting picked up at my son's future in laws house in northern NJ at 9. I figure by the time we load 10 people's luggage and they lock up the house we should be a the port around 10ish. I want to get this party started!!! :D

And I'm very excited...they ordered us matching wedding tshirts to wear at embarkation :D

I'd be more concerned about the fact that they're picking you up after first picking up arriving passengers. Unless they are doing a walk-off with their bags, it's difficult to tell when they will actually be off the ship with their luggage.

I have to agree with grobma. I would ditch this car service and find one that will pick you up around 9 or 9.30. As a long islander I know what a crap shoot traffic can be. I'd rather be early and wait then stress about it. All you need is one breakdown and there goes the belt or bqe. But you know this aleady I'm sure.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you all very much.

I am thinking of changing my pick up time to get us to the pier for approximately 11:00 am.

Do you think this would work better for getting on the ship in July?

Thank you!

I always aim for arrival between 1030-11, but last cruise it took us 55 minutes from when we could see the ships to get there, three ships were in port. Find another car service, to many variables.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you all very much! I listened to your advise. I called back the car service today and they told me they would get me between 11:00 am - 12:00 pm since they would have cars coming back from the pier. They said they could take us at 8:30 am but that was too early for us. They also told us they woudl get us about 10:00 am - 11:00 am when we leave the ship to go home, too late for us, we wanted 9:00 am (well, I would even love 7 am or 8 am but that is too early for my sister/her family and mother). I thanked them and told them to just keep everything as is. I knew if I found something else I would cancel.

At first I found another car service to get us there and pick us up the times WE wanted.

Then my mother called a limo company she uses a lot and we ended up getting a party bus (although $200 more then what we would pay for a van) to/from pier. 9:30 am pick up in Staten Island, without traffic getting us to pier about 10:30/10:45 am and picking us up the day we get off the ship at 9:00 am.

Does this sound like a better scenario to you all with our getting to the ship around

10:30 am? THANK YOU all VERY much!

Archived