Is it Live or is it Memorex?- Allure of the Seas Review September 18-25 with Pics!

nenner1

allure9-11409.jpg

allure9-11412.jpg

allure9-11415.jpg

These shirts were awesome. I hope they made it!!;)

allure9-11419.jpg

Time flew by and before you knew it, we were being summoned for the “MUSTARD” drill. Like Phil Collins in the 80’s: no jackets required, and there was no mustard either-just hundreds of us sardined into our station: the On Air club. I will say that although a tight fit to have that many people in that space, it is still much preferable to the line-up-and-squeeze-together out on the deck situation on other ships. We had to crane our necks to watch the short video, and then we were dismissed. It was pretty painless.

allure9-11456.jpg

Up Next: Sailaway and Rita's Fiesta!

GREAT review and pics. Love all the details. I can't wait to read more!! :)

P.S. Just noticed you are sailing on the Disney Fantasy in 2012. So are we! Since you sail before us, I can't wait to read your review on that one, too.

Edited by metairiegal

Excellent review and amazing pictures! We were getting off Allure when you were getting on. I was surprised to see the bathroom products in your cabin. We were in a D1 oceanview balcony cabin and had no products at all. We also had the worst cabin attendant ever. We never were introduced to him/her and never saw him/her one time the entire cruise. I personally could have done a better job at cleaning the cabin then he/she did. I also had read how small the bathroom, shower and storage space in the cabin is but was still amazed at how tight it was.

Looking forward to the rest of your review. It was nice seeing such an amazing ship but WAY to big for us.

Great eview so far, can't wait for more!

Thanks so much for reading! There is more on the way shortly!

Hi nenner1

I am loving your review and pics. Keep it coming. You mentioned the webcam banner you picked up. Where do you pick it up and how much do they charge for that?

Judi :)

Hi Judi!

If you visit the Port Everglades Webcam site there is a link to click to contact them for a webcam wave or banner wave. It is absolutely free and they guys that do this are wonderful! They also have a facebook page where they interact with everyone as well. Lou is genuinely a nice guy, and we are so grateful for the memories he has provided for us I can't say enough to promote him and his free services! :) When you contact them about the banner, they will arrange something that is suitable for you to pick up and return it depending on your travel plans and staying arrangements. They were even willing to meet me at the airport if necessary!

This is a terrific review! I'm loving the detail and all the pics. You have a lovely family! :)

Thank you so much!! I'm glad you are enjoying it! More to come soon!

Our children had #14575, a Category L inside:

The beds were supposed to be apart, and after meeting with our awesome stateroom host Anthony he quickly fixed the room setup, and it did seem much more spacious that way.

allure9-11610.jpg

allure9-11361.jpg

Hello I'm Ron, one of the lead characters in this TR. ;) I'm so sad that this cruise is over. We had been looking forward to it for over two years. It is so fun to have it documented on Jen's trip reports so that I can go back and re-live it for the next year until our next cruise. :cool:

A quick little note about the bathroom(s). Notice how the kid's inside cabin has a plexiglass (or was it glass?) shelf under the mirror..?? The balcony room didn't. This would have been nice to have to save some counter space in our bathroom. I wonder why they don't have them in all the rooms. :confused: Is it only in the inside rooms??

Also our stateroom host, Anthony, tried to tell me that splitting up the beds in the kids room would give them less room to move around. Boy was he wrong. As you can see in the pix...

Jen,

Keep the updates coming!;)

Ron

Thanks for posting the review. Myself and DW will be on our first ever cruise on Sept 16th 2012 on the Allure round the East Carribbean so its great to see pictures and hear your experiences.

Thanks so much for reading! You will love Allure, I must say you are starting out at the top for your very first cruise! This week in September is a great week to sail- weather has been very nice for us. Enjoy trip planning!:)

Excellent review and amazing pictures! We were getting off Allure when you were getting on. I was surprised to see the bathroom products in your cabin. We were in a D1 oceanview balcony cabin and had no products at all. We also had the worst cabin attendant ever. We never were introduced to him/her and never saw him/her one time the entire cruise. I personally could have done a better job at cleaning the cabin then he/she did. I also had read how small the bathroom, shower and storage space in the cabin is but was still amazed at how tight it was.

Looking forward to the rest of your review. It was nice seeing such an amazing ship but WAY to big for us.

Thanks so much for reading, we saw all of the sad sacks getting off when we were getting on...LOL :p I'm sorry to hear about your stateroom attendant and experience. What a bummer! Especially in one of those nice D1's it's a shame you could not enjoy it as much as you should have been able to. I will say you weren't missing too much with the products. It was nice to have them though,if we needed them, we didn't get anything on Independence except for the mystery liquid shampoo/gel/soap dispenser on the wall.

I agree about the size! This is the first cruise I've ever returned from with achy legs like I've worked out!

Great review. Really enjoying it. Only 2 weeks until we board!

Thank you so much! you will have a great time, Allure is just AMAZING!:)

awesome job

Thanks so much for reading!!! :)

Hello I'm Ron, one of the lead characters in this TR. ;) I'm so sad that this cruise is over. We had been looking forward to it for over two years. It is so fun to have it documented on Jen's trip reports so that I can go back and re-live it for the next year until our next cruise.

^He's just the best! I post pictures of him wiping out on the flowrider and dancing (yet to come) and he eats it up! LOL.

A quick little note about the bathroom(s). Notice how the kid's inside cabin has a plexiglass (or was it glass?) shelf under the mirror..?? The balcony room didn't. This would have been nice to have to save some counter space in our bathroom. I wonder why they don't have them in all the rooms. :confused: Is it only in the inside rooms??

I'm so glad you pointed it out, can you believe I didn't notice it until now?!?! I tried to avoid spending much time in the kids' room. ;)

Also our stateroom host, Anthony, tried to tell me that splitting up the beds in the kids room would give them less room to move around. Boy was he wrong. As you can see in the pix...

Yes, he was a bit hesitant about doing that at first. I told him I understood how busy they were on the first night but the kids are a tween aged boy and girl- they had absolutely zero desire to sleep in the same bed! The space issue wasn't a concern of ours, but it was absolutely more spacious with the beds apart!

Jen,

Keep the updates coming!;)

Ron

Thanks, you know I will!

GREAT review and pics. Love all the details. I can't wait to read more!! :)

P.S. Just noticed you are sailing on the Disney Fantasy in 2012. So are we! Since you sail before us, I can't wait to read your review on that one, too.

Thanks so much for reading! Yes were are quite excited for the Fantasy too. We love DCL very much, we are big Disney fans. They have a fantastic cruise product as well as RCCL!

Great review!! If you ever go back on the Allure, the trash can is hooked on the door under the sink.

Are you kidding me Dawn???? LOL! It was there the entire time and I totally missed it! :D HA HA!

Thanks so much for stopping by, I loved your review too!!!

This is great! Lots of lovely photos of the stuff you don't normally see :D

Thanks so much for your comments! I have a few tricks up my sleeve so keep reading, I think we found a new "secret" area onboard! Info coming up soon!

Looking forward to the rest of your review, great so far!! We may be sailing with our daughter who will be 3 when we want to go next year so i'm anxious to see how your 3 yr old liked it and what she did during the day. :)

Thank you so much for reading! Our 3 year old have been on 4 cruises now so we are used to cruising with a little one, but each time sure does bring unique challenges. This cruise was no different. I will have a lot of info about the clubs, the pool deck, excursions with the little one, meltdowns, places to avoid like the plague, the kid magnet spots and so much more! i hope you find it helpful! Stay tuned! :)

Great review w/pics and you have a beautiful family. I am looking forward to the rest of it.

Thank you so much for reading and for the compliments! I hope you find it useful and enjoyable!:)

GREAT REVIEW!

We are looking forward to sailing on the Allure on Jan 15, 2012.

Feel free to use any of my photos you want to.

Oh wow! A true CC legend! Thanks so much for the compliments Jim, it is awesome to have your input! We loved watching Oasis leave knowing you and Judith were onboard!! The only thing we didn't like was missing your live review due to being on our cruise! I am still catching up on it but, it looks like such an amazing time. It's so awesome that we were enjoying different halves of the Caribbean on these amazing ships at the same time!

Thank you so much for the picture! I'm not one normally to go around snagging pics but I was delighted to see that one knowing I was in it (even if we did look like ants from way up there on Oasis!)

Glad we only have to wait a few more months for another awesome "Live From Allure" from you! :D

Great start to your review, and wonderful photos, too!

Hope you loved Allure as much as we did!

Looking forward to more,

Thank you Joan, she is such an amazing ship...words can't express and pictures just don't do it justice! Thanks for reading!!! :)

It sure was!;)

Jen, I wish you would've mentioned it during the cruise I would have let you know. :cool:

Ron

You didn't hear me grumbling about it? Or do you tune that out?:p LOL, it wasn't a big deal, now I'm just beginning to wonder what else out there I did miss!

Great start

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you enjoy it!

Fantastic review and pics! Love the Fort Lauderdale pictures and of the Oasis as we live in that area and are also sailing on the Oasis in November. Bubba Gump looks pretty darn good - I'll have to check it out sometime!

Can't wait to read more......

Thank you so much, we do love Ft. Lauderdale- a beautiful city. The beach was gorgeous and we have some pretty nice beaches over here too! I think you will just LOVE Oasis- Allure was so wonderful! You will have to check out Bubba Gump- just be sure to bring your credit card! That bill at the end was one of the biggest ones we've had at a restaurant in a long time! ;)

I LOVE reviews with loads of pictures.....and yours are great so far!

Looking forward to reading more about your cruise on the Allure. Thanks!

Well thank you for stopping by! I am glad you are enjoying it!:)

Wonderful review. :D Thanks for being so detailed. :) Really love the photos too. :D Can't wait to hear all about the rest of your cruise.

Thank you, I have lots to share! There is great stiuff to come!:)

My favorite kind of review - long and full of lots of pictures!

THANK YOU!

Big pictures! LOL! Thanks for reading and I'm glad you are finding it useful!:)