Diamond lounges becoming Diamond + and above

deepcman

Spoke to concierge on the ship and followed up to confirm with my PVP at Royal. Within the next month changes are coming to C&A program with the elimination of a lounge for Diamond members. They'll still get the 3 drinks loaded to their cards but will have to use them in one of the bars.

It was a good run while it lasted.

Spoke to concierge on the ship and followed up to confirm with my PVP at Royal. Within the next month changes are coming to C&A program with the elimination of a lounge for Diamond members. They'll still get the 3 drinks loaded to their cards but will have to use them in one of the bars.

Which ship and which concierge?

We were told that one lounge will now be for D and D+ while a second lounge will be for Suite and Pinnacles.

But as always...who really knows until you're on the ship.

Until then, maybe just a guessing game and a good or bad surprise once you board and find out for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Which ship were you on please. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some ships have two separate lounges....so both will be Diamond + very strange?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One lounge is either a suite lounge for suites and pinnacles only, or a Concierge Lounge for D+, suites and Pinnacles.

Assuming this is truth and not rumor version 12693, you can probably assume that all Concierge Lounges will eventually be converted to suite/Pinnacle only and the D+ will be relegated to o lay the Diamond Lounge which may or may not be renamed the D+ Lounge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carol - are you still on Grandeur to ask? Last time on Grandeur (August) I was told that regardless of what happens through corporate the Grandeur would not change. There are not enough suites and Pinnacles to keep the concierge busy without allowing D+ into the deck 9 lounge. But I guess time will tell! Katherine

Please do not take this comment out of context so-----

I do recognize that people who have been loyal to RCI thru numerous cruises and who have attained Pinnacle status should keep all benefits earned to them.

They should have their own lounge with adequate seating, drinks beverages and a place to call their own as well as all other applicable perks.

Now when they grouped them to the suite lounge was it because there was not enough Pinnacles to provide them with a classy place to call their own?

Now the suite lounge is not attained by merit (for non Pinnacles), but by the price of the cabin.

Now as I am reading, if they are bumping out the D from diamond lounge and leaving it a D+ lounge, I would wonder if one day they play the same game.......... as I enter either D+ status or by some miracle Pinnacle and then they take that perk away, move the pinnacles out of the suite lounge and have a pinnacle lounge.

And then make the D+ lounge a Pinnacle lounge and leave the suite lounge for those that pay for the cabins classified suites.

With the new classes star, sky and sea..........................

Things are changing fast.

And with the current numbers increasing, at a rate no one really knows are they planning for the future.

So confused on this current situation.

Ok I need a drink..........................

oh

And they changed the drink package too.

Ok thanks for letting me vent.

Just saying.....

Will I have anything to look forward to as a D+

Safe travels.

False information.

Happy sunday.

I do not know why RCL did not just leave D+ and Pinnacles together. I thought that system was working well. There must be something I was missing.

The system used to work some years ago but now when you end up having cruises with 100 and above Diamond Plus members and sometimes above 200 Diamond members the concept doesn't work. At the end of the day part of purchasing Suite accommodation includes the use of the Concierge / Suite Lounge for which such paying guests deserve a relaxed environment and not a overcrowded venue by Diamond Plus members. Hence if RCL will end up taking the lounge away from Diamond members and only offering this privilege from Plus level this is a fair move given the drink vouchers during happy hour will remain in place and possibly a voucher of at least one specialty coffee per day would be added as well.

My parents (pinnacle) are on the Allure right now and texted me that for this cruise they turned the diamond lounge on deck 11 into a Pinnacle lounge. Diamond and Diamond + are meeting in Blaze or Jazz and have 6 drinks loaded onto their seapass cards instead of 3 to encourage people to drink at the bars instead of the "lounge". My mom is heading up to deck 11 now and said she will let me know if she hears anything else about future changes.

Shari

My parents (pinnacle) are on the Allure right now and texted me that for this cruise they turned the diamond lounge on deck 11 into a Pinnacle lounge. Diamond and Diamond + are meeting in Blaze or Jazz and have 6 drinks loaded onto their seapass cards instead of 3 to encourage people to drink at the bars instead of the "lounge". My mom is heading up to deck 11 now and said she will let me know if she hears anything else about future changes.

Shari

Thanks for the update. Do you know how many Pinnacle are onboard?

Thanks for the update. Do you know how many Pinnacle are onboard?

I will ask her next time she texts me. Probably a lot since it is the President's cruise. That's probably why they needed to give extra drink vouchers since so many C&A are onboard this week.

True to form, we are a day late and a dollar short. When we were close to reaching Diamond status several years ago, the requirements changed and we spent another 5-6 years to climb the ladder. Finally we achieved Diamond on our last cruise in August. We won't have a chance to cruise again until next March, so I guess there won't be a lounge for us. Three drinks are enough -- and much appreciated -- but I was so looking forward to the ambience of sitting in a private lounge with RCCL loyalists. Oh well.....we are mere peons in the world of frequent cruisers.

True to form, we are a day late and a dollar short. When we were close to reaching Diamond status several years ago, the requirements changed and we spent another 5-6 years to climb the ladder. Finally we achieved Diamond on our last cruise in August. We won't have a chance to cruise again until next March, so I guess there won't be a lounge for us. Three drinks are enough -- and much appreciated -- but I was so looking forward to the ambience of sitting in a private lounge with RCCL loyalists. Oh well.....we are mere peons in the world of frequent cruisers.

This is just another rumor. Nothing has changed or is imminently changing Read through all the responses and you'll see. Congratulations on achieving Diamond. :)