VIDEOS...please, will you

Alwaysacruiseinthequeue

Is it just me or are some of you plain tired of watching jerky videos on youtube of cabins, suffering vertigo as we delve deeply into closet space and floor space???? Please, give us some perspective of the entire room! :rolleyes:

Makes sense, but often difficult to reproduce the correct impression of the cabin using an ordinary video recorder.. I welcome any comments to these videos:

[YOUTUBE]k7IYtKKTP0Q[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]PBMrfnYQ20U[/YOUTUBE]

Great thread and much needed! Some good examples too! I understand it

can be difficult to get the right perspective and some probably don't know and don't care and are just shooting whatever, but I swear on a lot of vids it seems like they have their zoom set all the way up! Zoom out people! The sad thing is most of these videos get the most "hits" too.

Oh well, without starting a new topic the only other thing I got, and some will bash me for this, lol, but YouTube! Yes, it is the most popular, but gosh I wish more people knew about and used Vimeo!

end rant :D

Oh well, without starting a new topic the only other thing I got, and some will bash me for this, lol, but YouTube! Yes, it is the most popular, but gosh I wish more people knew about and used Vimeo!

Really good topic that certainly needs to be discussed in this forum.

I am one of those who uses Youtube - I have a Vimeo account, but have not used their services - and at the time I started, I fand Youtube easier. Recognizing that there are annoying ads - but then Youtube the other hand free to use for an annual payment on Vimeo.

But I would really like to know what Vimeo can offer compared to Youtube

Like Hallasm I too have a Vimeo account but rarely use it. Search engines are more likely to pick up my videos if they are on YouTube. That's important if your videos are monetized. Granted it's a small supplement to my retirement income but a second channel I have for tech tips for seniors does provide a little extra spending money each month.

We cruised Alaska in July.

has already had over a thousand views. Had it been on Vimeo, the figure would have been much lower.

You can get up to 500 MB's a week for free on Vimeo. I do agree with the search engine part of youtube, although I do have a video on vimeo with a title of a shore excursion and when you put that shore excursion name in google my vimeo video is the 2nd result, right after the excursion from the cruise line. I'm guessing there are ways to increase search traffic, but my days of doing that are gone at the moment so I'll leave it up to the current marketing guru's to figure it out :D

I mean, I am not really bashing youtube, but the only things I do not like are the increasing ads and the pet peeve I have when people have to add in saying "and don't forget to set it to hd", or "don't forget to set to 1080". At least with vimeo you get the highest quality right from the get go without having to tell anyone to do additional steps.

I guess I also push for vimeo because it would be good to see more competition for video uploads.

• 4 months later...