Has Silversea Changed Their Pricing Offers?

Mike2131

We were considering a change of cruise dates for next year and when I looked yesterday all the API incentive prices had vanished. All that was left were the EBIs. When I was poking around this morning, I looked at the Silver Sailings and found the API pricing I had seen earlier. For some other cruises discounts of up to 60% were shown (but not on the individual sailing Fare page). I have never seen that before. The sailings available had also been extended through the end of 2010.

Did anyone else notice this are have I just not been paying attention?

I noticed it too! The itinerary I am looking at dropped to 50% off and there is no longer additional savings with xapb. I did receive an email yesterdqy stating that big announcements were coming on July 6 as to new pricing for 2010, so stay tuned I suppose!:p

I also noticed this two days ago. I was considering a Paul Gauguin Tahiti/Cook Islands cruise and a Silversea cruise, and finally booked the PG cruise for Feb.2010 on July 1st, due to the timing of the cruise, and when I did the booking, they suddenly announced a further 10% discount, so I thought I was lucky ( but who knows, maybe price will go down further ).

And one day later, I saw the 60% off from Silversea, actually most of them are 60% off throughout the end of 2010. I guess they need to act quickly, as Seabourn are doing 65% discount for selected voyages.

We are also interested in the 11/10 Rio-BA cruise. A price decrease would provide a nice incentive. I was a bit concerned about that particular itinerary because of the extra night in Rio at the beginning and the last night on the ship in port in BA at the end(why pay for a cruise when it is not "cruising?" ) and also was not sure about the ports. We are looking for an excuse to visit both those cities however.

I had been considering the transatlantic on the 'new' Spirit for October 2010. The prices were 50% off for the XAP (or whatever it was) and now they are 35% off for EBI. I worked out numbers and the prices are roughly the same!!

What's going on?

Also where are the itineraries that are 60% off?

Cheers

ging466

I had been considering the transatlantic on the 'new' Spirit for October 2010. The prices were 50% off for the XAP (or whatever it was) and now they are 35% off for EBI. I worked out numbers and the prices are roughly the same!!

What's going on?

Also where are the itineraries that are 60% off?

Cheers

ging466

If you refer to voyage 5036, the price starts at usd 3918. you can click on "enticing offer" and then click on "silver sailings programme", then you see all the discounted voyages till end of 2010.

If you refer to voyage 5036, the price starts at usd 3918. you can click on "enticing offer" and then click on "silver sailings programme", then you see all the discounted voyages till end of 2010.

Thankx - I now can find the lead in prices.

Cheers

ging466

You can get there from the main page where the ship is floating at sea and there is the offer box across the bottom right of the photo. It does not match the fares shown when you get into a voyage, though, as others have stated. I will definitely be calling after seeing some of these Cloud prices even for Christmas 2010

You can get there from the main page where the ship is floating at sea and there is the offer box across the bottom right of the photo. It does not match the fares shown when you get into a voyage, though, as others have stated. I will definitely be calling after seeing some of these Cloud prices even for Christmas 2010

I agree, the 60% off for a holiday sailing next December is, to use their term, enticing! The fare page for a sailing vs. the really discounted Silver Sailing price is similar to what I saw on the Seabourn site. The fare page would state a savings of perhaps 35% but, when you clicked through, the pricing would be 60-65% to reflect their current special. These days it pays to dig!

The 60% Silver Sailings discounts are wonderful, but they are now off of higher brochure fares. I just watched the price of a Vista Suite on a December 2010 holiday sailing of the Silver Cloud go up $800 pp (from $1,998 to $2,798 before my eyes (as I was flipping between pages). Our June cruise on the PA II now reflects the same discount as the API, but the fare is now over $700 pp higher in our cabin grade. The Silver Sailings savings (say that 3 times fast!) are also now reflected on the fare pages.

The brochure price increase to mitigate the savings is disappointing, but perhaps will include shore excursions and air like most RSSC cruises. I guess we'll have to stay tuned.

The 60% Silver Sailings discounts are wonderful, but they are now off of higher brochure fares. I just watched the price of a Vista Suite on a December 2010 holiday sailing of the Silver Cloud go up $800 pp (from $1,998 to $2,798 before my eyes (as I was flipping between pages). Our June cruise on the PA II now reflects the same discount as the API, but the fare is now over $700 pp higher in our cabin grade. The Silver Sailings savings (say that 3 times fast!) are also now reflected on the fare pages.

The brochure price increase to mitigate the savings is disappointing, but perhaps will include shore excursions and air like most RSSC cruises. I guess we'll have to stay tuned.

I also noticed they actually increased the brochure fares on a day basis. That maybe due to the depreciation of USD in the past 2 years.

Got the news from my TA this morning - the 11/9 Rio to BA cruises went up $1800 from what was originally listed on the Silver Sailings page. With the air credit, we can get a Vista Suite for $3400 + $250 in taxes. Not sure that $900 is the best way to go - we could probably build an equal experience on land for about that price.

I called, too, and the Christmas starts at $2798 with $100 port on top vs. the $1998 that was shown last night. I haven't checked today, but I asked inside sales to update the website. I am not so "enticed" as I was though we have been paying $14000 the last two Christmases. I am not as enticed to book 18 months in advance as I was.

On the March 30 1009 I was looking at, instead of $1838, that one is $2718 but includes free airfare from some, so we may go on that one with our family. This is a bit of a bait and switch, but the whole industry seems to be doing it. You literally have to just trust a single moment in time.

Got the news from my TA this morning - the 11/9 Rio to BA cruises went up $1800 from what was originally listed on the Silver Sailings page. With the air credit, we can get a Vista Suite for $3400 + $250 in taxes. Not sure that $900 is the best way to go - we could probably build an equal experience on land for about that price.

Meant to say $7200 total or $900 per day.

Do any of you SS regulars think the service and quality will go down along with the prices? Some of the itineraries are not only 60% off, but include free air as well! And what is your experience Debbie with the SS air department? Is it better than Regent's? (ugh)

I am booked for Regent Voyager January 18-February 6 San Diego to Sydney, now I am thinking of doing Voyage 4002 Sydney to Singapore, instead. With the new prices, it is cheaper than Regent excepting Free Excursions, which I believe are of value.. Any thoughts? Thank you all!

With the air, it is a similar situation where you take their air or take the credit. Not all gateways are free on this sale, it is more main gateways. Like when I looked for Todd's parents to go with us, air from Jacksonville was $99, but Orlando was free.

Silversea needs to finish the web updates to avoid confusing customers. Has anyone noticed that the air promo page reads the deadline is August 31 but the terms and conditions page within that reads July 31?

Boy, I'll tell you, Silversea is really taking advantage of those of us who booked and paid in full by the end of March this year for the Silver Spirit TA from Lisbon to FLL. The new 60% offer is almost a wash when it comes to cruise fare( was $7196/per and is now $7118/per for a Silver Suite ), but the air difference is significant( west region was $1499/per and is now $999/per ). We have our T/A checking to see if we get the new air rate, but I'm afraid I already know the answer. If Silversea keeps this kind of stuff up they're going to lose our business.

I think we are going to hold off - we have another 6 months to make up our minds. We may just wait and do a milestone trip for my birthday in May 2011. $2600pp - I would have jumped at it. $3600pp - not so sure.

Doug, hang in there..we are also having our TA see (despite making the offer to

new bookings) if SS will extend the new/lower offer to our booking...didn't realize

they lowered the SS air offers as we used ff miles for our air...good luck

Just heard back from our T/A. Silversea is going to review all current bookings that were booked thru T/As. If the new pricing is less than what you've paid, they will reduce your costs. That includes the Silver Sky program. They need 72 hours to make any adjustments. So, we'll see what they come up with. Our air is a bit complicated, because we took a deviation and requested a specific airline/schedule. That was an extra $450, but worth it with what we got. We're waiting to see what the differential is. Anyway, it appears that SS is going to try to make it right for everyone. I would recommend that you contact your T/A Thursday or Friday to check on your booking/cost. They're obviously swamped for the next three days at SS trying to do all of this, so I wouldn't bother them at this point. Patience is the watchword!

Thanks for the info, Dougburns. I will contact our TA about the changes. We are doing our own air because Silversea was too inconvenient since we are doing a back to back with the crossing and the following cruise to Barbados. Wow, initially the published fare for the crossing was $14,395 for Silver suite, and the price for payment by 3/31, if booked through Silversea, was $7,446. Now the published fare is $17,795 but the 60% off price is $7,118 without the advanced payment requirement! I am certainly happy that SS apparently wants to be fair to those of us who booked and paid early.

Hi, to get back to the "new Silver Sailings" pricing - I was disappointed to see that mostly what SS did was raise the "published" price so that the new discounted price was about what it was before. That is the case for the cruise that we are looking at anyway. I called our TA this morning (before I knew about the way they were handling this) to get the numbers and we were not very happy when we saw them. So, would like to see if anything else is included, otherwise, this is not an enticing offer at all. I saw much better pricing on the website yesterday for the Silver Sailings, but these were all increased when I looked at the same cruises today. Again, very disappointing.

Archived