disembarking early in Le havre

cruise8x+

We are getting off of our British Isles cruise in Le Havre renting a car and heading to Paris after visiting Normandy. Has anyone disembarked early, do we have to go through customs? If so, any suggestions to make it go smoother would be greatly appreciated.

We are getting off of our British Isles cruise in Le Havre renting a car and heading to Paris after visiting Normandy. Has anyone disembarked early, do we have to go through customs? If so, any suggestions to make it go smoother would be greatly appreciated.

The thread I provided link to below seems to indicate this is done routinely and the process is easy. However, there are steps you need to take before your cruise, which involve the cruise line.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1545287

I know people are doing this on our British Isles cruise. According to that thread, it is doable and easy. But there are things that you will need to do ahead of time with your cruise line. The thread above relates to Princess cruisers doing what you are suggesting.

We are doing Paris before our cruise and then taking the eurostar to London the day before our cruise and then leaving on Sunday morning from London to Southampton cruise terminal. I would have considered what you are doing, but we had to fly back to Boston the day our cruise ends.

Archived